• Width (in.) 19 in.
  • Length (in.) 39 in.
  • Material Natural rubber with blended recycled rubber
  • Mat Surface Pattern Hollow ring design
17 replies
Mar 9, 2020
89 posts
85 upvotes
How much weight would something like this support ontop of it? Could a car be parked on it if used for garage flooring?
Jan 30, 2010
325 posts
262 upvotes
Mississauga
fyrebug wrote: How much weight would something like this support ontop of it? Could a car be parked on it if used for garage flooring?
100% this will support a car. However, I doubt you would want to use these to cover your entire garage floor, they are only 19" wide.
Mar 9, 2020
89 posts
85 upvotes
pcloadletter wrote: 100% this will support a car. However, I doubt you would want to use these to cover your entire garage floor, they are only 19" wide.
ah true. I read 19" but wasn't thinking... for a 2 car garage at 5 sqft per mat that is like $880 of tiny mats zip tied together lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8822 posts
996 upvotes
Also a pain to vacuum clean with all the dimples.
fyrebug wrote: ah true. I read 19" but wasn't thinking... for a 2 car garage at 5 sqft per mat that is like $880 of tiny mats zip tied together lol.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jul 25, 2017
583 posts
173 upvotes
Are these mats good for the gym?
Nov 7, 2011
86 posts
48 upvotes
AGASSIZ
I have some under my tires for when the hobby car is stored for the winter months, seem to be holding up fine.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
Yeesh. Sold out in store in GVRD already.
Sep 18, 2004
718 posts
206 upvotes
raceral wrote: I have some under my tires for when the hobby car is stored for the winter months, seem to be holding up fine.
Is there any purpose to use these for your car tires ?
Nov 20, 2017
435 posts
637 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote: Is there any purpose to use these for your car tires ?
So your car doesn't roll away. 🕺Dancer

I think it's actually to permit draining of fluids and to permit air to circulate, as you won't be moving the vehicle for a while.
Nov 7, 2011
86 posts
48 upvotes
AGASSIZ
Airbum88 wrote: Is there any purpose to use these for your car tires ?
A lot of various opinions go with that question.
Back when the car was running bias tires they would flat spot badly after sitting all winter.
Today's radials are much better and will usually work themselves out of a minor flat spot after a couple of miles, may not be even noticeable..
Some say radials dont flat spot, Tire Rack say they still can.
Some radilas will not flat spot much at all or barely noticeable, a lot of today high performance radials have a memory and will remember where they were at when last parked when hot.
Some guys roll the car back and forth a few times over winter if on cement, some will just pump them up to 40 psi.
No matter what ones does or doesn't do, it will not ruin todays radial.
In my case, a habit from the old bias ply days when the car had them.
Also I park my regular car beside the hobby car, so in the winter when we get a big dump of snow once in the blue moon or salt, if it melts the salty water will run under the tires of the hobby car.
Temperature fluctuations that happen to the cement floor through a winter, garage is heated but the door is open a lot.
Helps protect the paint on the floor if the car doesn't move, possible if it sits all winter and then is moved it could potentially lift off any floor paint even epoxy.
It personally is just a habit I have and that's my way of laying up the car for an extended period.
Kind of long winded reply.
Hopefully this is some kind of answer, bottom line its a personal preference, some do it, some don't.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3420 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
anyone using it for workout bench flooring?
====================================
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1087 posts
429 upvotes
raceral wrote: I have some under my tires for when the hobby car is stored for the winter months, seem to be holding up fine.
Did you cut one mat into four pieces or buy four mats total?
Nov 7, 2011
86 posts
48 upvotes
AGASSIZ
n0thing wrote: Did you cut one mat into four pieces or buy four mats total?
I just cut mine.