Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Princess Auto 13,000 lb vehicle ramps - $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 8:05 pm
Jun 27, 2018
191 posts
133 upvotes
quetzpro wrote: put jack stands just below the ramp, so in case it fails, you are covered.

do it 10 times if it doesn't fail yet, the 11 probably not failing anymore.

I am using it for 2 Cars and 1 SUV 3-4 times a year for last 3 years. Still works well.
Dec 11, 2008
46 posts
46 upvotes
Scarborough
I did a quick oil change once for a friend. It was a sedan but should work with any car depending on the curb height from the road.

All I did was drive the front wheel up the curb. About half the hard on the curb and there is enough clearance for an oil change.

Now, not every road have a curb for the job. Just use what is available 🤪
Apr 2, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
be careful i hear this thing will crack and break i found it online kind of danger, i choose to use jack stand ... not this plastic thing
Aug 17, 2008
937 posts
476 upvotes
SASKATOON
ceip888 wrote: be careful i hear this thing will crack and break i found it online kind of danger, i choose to use jack stand ... not this plastic thing
Source?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1483 posts
343 upvotes
I bought the Rhino last sale but worried about being bug juice if it fails. I'm not sure if my jack stands can go low enough while on these ramps. Do I need chocks for the rear tires or can I put a brick behind each tire?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3911 posts
479 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I bought these and Rhino Ramps last time PA had both on sale. I ended up trying these, along with jack stands I had and cheap rubber wheel chocks I also got from PA.

First time doing an oil change myself and there was enough clearance for me to get under my Odyssey. If anything, because I did it in my garage, the Ody got quite high that there wasn't too much clearance from the ceiling/raised garage door.

Yes, they're plastic, but one thing about these versus Rhino Ramps is that Rhinos have a lot of empty space underneath them so that they can stack and be stored. These Power Fist ones don't stack, but therefore have many more "support beams" underneath. That and the fact that they were cheaper made me decide to try/keep them.
May 12, 2019
295 posts
398 upvotes
Elysianlight wrote: Looks like a good deal. But I'm hesitant to put my life in the hands of anything power fist.
Yeah I don’t wanna get fisted that’s for sure
[OP]
Mar 4, 2007
663 posts
621 upvotes
Halifax
ceip888 wrote: be careful i hear this thing will crack and break i found it online kind of danger, i choose to use jack stand ... not this plastic thing
Hear from where exactly?
May 14, 2007
61 posts
17 upvotes
Revelstoke
The two things I do are changing summer/winter tires and changing oil. For those that do this sort of work, would you recommend this for oil + scissor jack for tires, or just getting a hydraulic jack to do both?
Jul 3, 2017
118 posts
113 upvotes
I bought something like this twenty years ago from CT and felt very safe using it compared to plastic ramps. Since they are made from s recycled rubber, almost no slippage and feels heavy and solid. Had metal ramps before using this and that thing was nightmare to go up when tires anything but dry.

https://www.shercomindustries.com/ez-riser-auto-ramps
Sep 19, 2009
16 posts
37 upvotes
okotoks alberta
Elysianlight wrote: Looks like a good deal. But I'm hesitant to put my life in the hands of anything power fist.
If it makes you feel better I have been using these exact same ramps for 2 years on my Ford F550 Diesel.
Aug 31, 2007
415 posts
119 upvotes
Been using Rhino Ramps for 2 years now with no issues. I don't trust ramps 100% and always use jack stands in addition to ramps in case of failure. They do make oil changes much faster than using jack + jack stands.
Feb 23, 2017
298 posts
238 upvotes
vtec300 wrote: I bought something like this twenty years ago from CT and felt very safe using it compared to plastic ramps. Since they are made from s recycled rubber, almost no slippage and feels heavy and solid. Had metal ramps before using this and that thing was nightmare to go up when tires anything but dry.

https://www.shercomindustries.com/ez-riser-auto-ramps
They sell these at Fort garry . I used to work there and there was a suprising amount of broken ones just from being dropped or falling off the pallet. Not saying they don't work but they aren't as uh durable as they'd like you to believe. Drop it once and watch a chunk of rubber fly off.
Oct 28, 2015
802 posts
232 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
Elysianlight wrote: They sell these at Fort garry . I used to work there and there was a suprising amount of broken ones just from being dropped or falling off the pallet. Not saying they don't work but they aren't as uh durable as they'd like you to believe. Drop it once and watch a chunk of rubber fly off.
Thus in conclusion, my cedar block is best suitable for such purpose. ;)
Oct 28, 2015
802 posts
232 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
ripjohnnyc wrote: I haves feeling a lot of the bad reviews come from people not using them on a flat surface. I have a gravel driveway so I guess I’ll be returning these.
Try my "Cedar block" approach, these Cedar wood blocks are very dense, thick and safe, you can use in gravel or even sand. Used them for 20 years and not a single crack has formed....
Oct 26, 2003
183 posts
174 upvotes
Caledon
xuanzh wrote: Try my "Cedar block" approach, these Cedar wood blocks are very dense, thick and safe, you can use in gravel or even sand. Used them for 20 years and not a single crack has formed....
Yea cedar block, rail ties all great after all a freakin train drives over them, best practices always use a jackstand under your vehicle jack points for added failsafe safety. I use the motomaster version of the rhino ramps with my 9th and 10th gen Honda Civics no issues.. I lay a small piece of carpet down or use my creeper all is good for shield removal.