Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] [Princess Auto] 15 Litre Oil Drain Pan $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 12:18 pm
Jul 6, 2014
176 posts
143 upvotes
Nepean, ON
philelmo wrote: Not sure about other provinces but in BC, when l recycle the oil, the guy urged and warned me not to mix anything otherwise big fine. So double check your province recycling oil guidelines
The guy doesn't make sense. If you go to any garage (from pop shop to BMW dealer), they put all kinds of auto fluid into a big oil collecting pan, there is no ATF pan, coolant pan, just one OIL pan.

Also brake fluid should evaporate within a minute.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5687 posts
2039 upvotes
GTEH!
Thanks OP. Was looking to upgrade my current oil drain pan from CT I've had for over 10 years.
It probably holds 5-6L because it's quite full when I change oil. and can be tricky pouring it into the oil jug for recycling.
😎
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3093 posts
319 upvotes
amsoil wrote: The guy doesn't make sense. If you go to any garage (from pop shop to BMW dealer), they put all kinds of auto fluid into a big oil collecting pan, there is no ATF pan, coolant pan, just one OIL pan.

2 oil places Mr Lube and Jiffy Lube told me the same thing and make you sign a form saying it is pure oil. Not sure if it’s a city thing (Victoria)
既生瑜,何生亮?

Ebay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6258 posts
328 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought this earlier in the summer when it was on sale for the same price. I used it today for the first time to change my motorcycle oil and the spout to pour the oil back into the jug was so easy. So much easier then using a funnel and spilling it. I highly recommend this.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1088 posts
820 upvotes
Airdrie
amsoil wrote: The guy doesn't make sense. If you go to any garage (from pop shop to BMW dealer), they put all kinds of auto fluid into a big oil collecting pan, there is no ATF pan, coolant pan, just one OIL pan.

Yeah seems to depend on the province or area, if they allow burning of oil in oil heaters or burners for personal heating I don't think they want a bunch of other chemicals in there. (northern ontario says its ok, southern ontario says no, not sure where they draw the line). The further east you go they seem to not like burning it.

https://www.energylogic.com/burning-was ... rule-area/

May even depend on where you take it (store, dealership, depot...) if they send if for burning or recycling.

My local recycling depot has a separate drum for oil and coolant, but that's it.
Jan 29, 2004
181 posts
15 upvotes
Where do you guys bring the used oil?

Thanks
Apr 22, 2014
549 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TheGrouch wrote: Where do you guys bring the used oil?

Thanks
Landfill or fire stations take it here. Just search with your city in google it should be easy to find.
Nov 26, 2003
336 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
If you are in Ottawa (where I live), there is a waste explorer online: https://app06.ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/search/ ... q=&lang=en
You can search different items, and it will tell you if you can throw it out, recycle, or where you can take it back as some places participate in those programs.
Perhaps your city has something similar?
I take it back to the nearest oil changers to me.
Aug 7, 2012
71 posts
96 upvotes
Also for anyone who likes changing their own oil, take a look at fumoto valves on Amazon. Not really a money saver but time saver for sure. Just turn the valve to open and watch the oil pour.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5687 posts
2039 upvotes
GTEH!
TheGrouch wrote: Where do you guys bring the used oil?

Thanks
If you're in the GTA area, HHW (Household Hazard Waste) Recycling Centre's. Just Google this.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5291 posts
1391 upvotes
Kanata
philelmo wrote: Not sure about other provinces but in BC, when l recycle the oil, the guy urged and warned me not to mix anything otherwise big fine. So double check your province recycling oil guidelines
Same here in Ottawa. I left it at Mr.Lube and he asked me if it was just oil. I said I poured a bit of cooking oil as well, he took it but told me not to do that again. I had no idea so now I have different jugs for different oils.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Sep 21, 2020
11 posts
18 upvotes
This sale has ended. Fortunately their customer service is awesome and they were able to sell it to me today at the same price though!
Dec 30, 2017
460 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
SunshineTax wrote: This sale has ended. Fortunately their customer service is awesome and they were able to sell it to me today at the same price though!
Princess auto does offer the sale 30 days after the sale end. They are awesome.
May 29, 2003
36 posts
3 upvotes
SunshineTax wrote: This sale has ended. Fortunately their customer service is awesome and they were able to sell it to me today at the same price though!
justrajdeep wrote: Princess auto does offer the sale 30 days after the sale end. They are awesome.
Not knowing the sale was over, I went on the 29th and the full price rang up. Told the cashier I thought it was on sale. She was polite and said it was, but it was over on Sunday. New sales start today till ... So no 30 day offer for me. Nothing awesome this way. Is that 30 days a YMMV? Now I've read your post and I've tried looking at the flyer and website trying to find this statement or policy but can't seem to find it. Would be good to refer to if needed again.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1178 posts
1315 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
In Edmonton, you can take the recycled oil and filters to an eco station for free. This pan is quite big hence it might not fit under some cars even when jacked up high. You'll need ramps.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Jun 30, 2009
647 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver
seanb10 wrote: Not knowing the sale was over, I went on the 29th and the full price rang up. Told the cashier I thought it was on sale. She was polite and said it was, but it was over on Sunday. New sales start today till ... So no 30 day offer for me. Nothing awesome this way. Is that 30 days a YMMV? Now I've read your post and I've tried looking at the flyer and website trying to find this statement or policy but can't seem to find it. Would be good to refer to if needed again.
I went the day after the sale ended to get some other stuff but the sale price was still on the display for the pan. When it rang up as full price, I told the cashier the sign said it was on sale. She was also polite and said the sale had just ended but said they would honour the price marking error and reduced the price for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3911 posts
479 upvotes
Pickering, ON
dchimera wrote: I went the day after the sale ended to get some other stuff but the sale price was still on the display for the pan. When it rang up as full price, I told the cashier the sign said it was on sale. She was also polite and said the sale had just ended but said they would honour the price marking error and reduced the price for me.
If PA participates in Scanning Code of Practice, you could have got it for free.
Jun 30, 2009
647 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver
BD006 wrote: If PA participates in Scanning Code of Practice, you could have got it for free.
Unfortunately, they don't participate in SCOP.