Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Princess Auto 2 inch x 20 ft towing straps for crazy cheap $5.55

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 2:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham

[Princess Auto] Princess Auto 2 inch x 20 ft towing straps for crazy cheap $5.55

Since gyms are pretty much closed and ppl can't find weights and they are looking to stay fit...consider the Navy Seal designed TRX strap - no weights needed. TRX straps (couple of hundred $) are not cheap but you can make your own.

Princess Auto has these 2 inch x 20 ft towing straps for crazy cheap $5.55 !!! 10,000lb breaking strength so I don't think anyone is going to be able to fall flat on their face doing exercises.

You can use these to DIY some TRX straps. This is one vid...there are other DIY TRX strap instructions on YT.

We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
20 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
3038 posts
2926 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just pictured the roof of my house collapsing on me. Good deal though!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
carmageddon wrote: I just pictured the roof of my house collapsing on me. Good deal though!
LOL. Maybe if you're testing that 10,000 lb weight limit that could be true.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
These are also good things to have around when you need something really strong.

I needed some really strong rope/straps to slowly lower my treadmill box to the basement so the person(s) down below don't get crushed...FYI helps if you know how to rig up pulleys.

These go on sale all the time as well.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8866899e
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
carmageddon wrote: You win. Bought one!
I can assure you it will be money well spent. Multiple uses only restricted by your imagination on how to use em.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 12, 2003
2817 posts
207 upvotes
GTA
desiringdeals wrote: no free shipping right?
Princess Auto is currently free shipping on orders of $50+

Order online and WE WILL COVER UP TO $100 ON SHIPPING FEES (on minimum $50 order before taxes)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
2827 posts
470 upvotes
North York
Excellent for lifting Furniture also.
Member
Aug 9, 2013
284 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
They are great straps and SUPER CHEAP.....

However.....

Be careful how they age. I had a set of cheap "500 lb" ones and was stunned to see them deteriorate to the point I could break them easily. Over 20 years, they turned from a deep red into a weathered reddish white. Just be careful.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
Spartan2013 wrote: They are great straps and SUPER CHEAP.....

However.....

Be careful how they age. I had a set of cheap "500 lb" ones and was stunned to see them deteriorate to the point I could break them easily. Over 20 years, they turned from a deep red into a weathered reddish white. Just be careful.
20 years lol...ok boomer
Newbie
Jul 2, 2015
10 posts
38 upvotes
Laval
Spartan2013 wrote: Thank you for your input.
Well, his response wasn't the most respectful, but my eyes did widen a bit when you said 20 years.

Any lifting or load bearing device should be inspected regularly, even chains can develop cracks over time, and 20 years is far beyond what I'd expect from a towing strap, especially if it was used outdoors and exposed to the elements and sun. So yes, to echo your point, store these straps properly and keep an eye out for wear, tear, and deterioration.
Member
Aug 9, 2013
284 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
MichaelF463824 wrote: Well, his response wasn't the most respectful, but my eyes did widen a bit when you said 20 years.

Any lifting or load bearing device should be inspected regularly, even chains can develop cracks over time, and 20 years is far beyond what I'd expect from a towing strap, especially if it was used outdoors and exposed to the elements and sun. So yes, to echo your point, store these straps properly and keep an eye out for wear, tear, and deterioration.
I do NOT know if the strap itself is 20 years old. It may be, or may not. I bought so much stuff from Princess that I can't tell when and what.

The issue is that it deteriorated so much that it really surprised me. I could break "500 pound" strap with very little effort. I keep straps in the car and van, out of sight and out of mind, so now, I have to look at them and possibly scrap them.

The post was to WARN everyone to be careful because the straps seem to degrade with time. Potentially, it could be life threatening.

Also add, that I have nylon moving straps that are from about 1980, I know because it was the time I bought the house, they have NOT degraded. So it's the type of cheap plastic straps that Princess buys to keep the prices low that makes/allows them to degrade. Another thing, rule of thumb, keep plastic away from the sun. Regardless, the Princess ones where in a bag where they didn't see sun...and they still fell apart.
Member
Oct 15, 2012
342 posts
363 upvotes
Sudbury
Thanks OP-- I just used 2 of these (20 footers- wish I had these 22 footers) recently to add support to my Shelterlogic 20' shelter to reduce the bagging of the covering-- sad to see so many of these shelters in the landfill each spring because of collapse. These straps will last for years! I have had a work belt pouch that had the strapping degrade overtime until the point it would just pull apart-- very surprised when it happened and not sure what the strapping was made of, however, I have had Princess Auto strapping for years and none show any sign of degradation even with the crazy things I do with them (even seem backhoe abuse tolerant). For $5.55, it's a no-brainer! :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
Serpentine wrote: Thanks OP-- I just used 2 of these (20 footers- wish I had these 22 footers) recently to add support to my Shelterlogic 20' shelter to reduce the bagging of the covering-- sad to see so many of these shelters in the landfill each spring because of collapse. These straps will last for years! I have had a work belt pouch that had the strapping degrade overtime until the point it would just pull apart-- very surprised when it happened and not sure what the strapping was made of, however, I have had Princess Auto strapping for years and none show any sign of degradation even with the crazy things I do with them (even seem backhoe abuse tolerant). For $5.55, it's a no-brainer! :)
These are Abrasion- and weather-resistant polyester webbing. I think UV is one of the enemies...if you can protect them from UV I think they will last a lot longer than a long time.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Member
Oct 15, 2012
342 posts
363 upvotes
Sudbury
gr8dlr wrote: These are Abrasion- and weather-resistant polyester webbing. I think UV is one of the enemies...if you can protect them from UV I think they will last a lot longer than a long time.
Agree; UV definitely hard on most things (including us to some degree) as it generally accelerates the deterioration/aging process-- some things have UV protection coatings to extend their life if exposed. On another note, the sun feels so good this time of year!
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13627 posts
7339 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Remember that a recovery strap for pulling out ditched vehicles is different from a tow strap. Kinetic energy: https://offroadrecoveryguide.com/tow-st ... ry-straps/

And that little trap door on your bumper? Open it, there’s a thread inside to screw on the big ring bolt from your jack kit, attach strap.
Newbie
Feb 6, 2012
18 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton
The 2 pack (OOS now and no longer listed) was under $10 last week.

Top