• Sep 23rd, 2020 7:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5956 posts
2171 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Princess Auto] Princess auto foam canon $14.99 + tax

Good price for one looking for one. Usual fare amazon quality at least visually, haven't used it yet.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
35 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1645 posts
449 upvotes
Ottawa
for using with air compressor?
Feb 2, 2009
282 posts
57 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: for using with air compressor?
Yes from the description on PA website: "1 Litre Pressure Washer Foam Cannon "
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3032 posts
2905 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cf7777 wrote: for using with air compressor?
Not air compressor. With a Pressure washer.
Sep 15, 2012
768 posts
169 upvotes
bv
I’ve read of this thing shattering/exploding and damaging the car from piece flying from the nozzle. Best of luck to your warriors!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3032 posts
2905 upvotes
Montreal, QC
iPonik wrote: I’ve read of this thing shattering/exploding and damaging the car from piece flying from the nozzle. Best of luck to your warriors!
This specific unit, or foam canons in general ?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1946 posts
580 upvotes
This foam cannon is very good quality and it works great. I've used the Turtle Wax car soap from Costco and it creates a thick, slow moving foam. I also used this foam cannon to clean the siding on my house and was very pleased with the results. Well worth the $15.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2005
5971 posts
127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Did you have to adjust the nozzle at all? I got this last time around and cant get it to do a thick foam, it just sprays like water soap and wicks right off.. embarassed myself haha
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1946 posts
580 upvotes
iPonik wrote: I’ve read of this thing shattering/exploding and damaging the car from piece flying from the nozzle. Best of luck to your warriors!
It can fly off if its not properly locked in place, but that's the user's fault. As for exploding, I cannot see how. The bottle does not fill with water - the soap solution is pulled out of the bottle to mix with the water flowing through the cannon. No pressure builds up in the bottle.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1946 posts
580 upvotes
nfnx wrote: Did you have to adjust the nozzle at all? I got this last time around and cant get it to do a thick foam, it just sprays like water soap and wicks right off.. embarassed myself haha
Both of the black plastic parts on this bottle can be adjusted. The dial on top adjusts the flow, and the nozzle can be turned to adjust the foam. Adjust the nozzle so that the 2 metal flaps at the end are close together, but not touching each other.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5956 posts
2171 upvotes
Cornwall PE
I've read that there are ghosts. Doesn't make it true or mean anything.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Jun 3, 2016
254 posts
136 upvotes
Ajax Ont.
nfnx wrote: Did you have to adjust the nozzle at all? I got this last time around and cant get it to do a thick foam, it just sprays like water soap and wicks right off.. embarassed myself haha
There is a tiny orifice inside the nozzle change this with a new one that has diameter of 1.1mm it is smaller hole and it produces great foam I got mind from eBay look for 1.1mm nozzle orifice
With time, everything will go on sale...
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1795 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Jaegerjaque wrote: There is a tiny orifice inside the nozzle change this with a new one that has diameter of 1.1mm it is smaller hole and it produces great foam I got mind from eBay look for 1.1mm nozzle orifice
how much did you get it for? Amazon had it for 12$ i ordered from aliexpress for 2.60 ish. i din't want to wait 1.5 months for it but it seems like i will be ready for car washing next year lol
Jun 3, 2016
254 posts
136 upvotes
Ajax Ont.
n3o321 wrote: how much did you get it for? Amazon had it for 12$ i ordered from aliexpress for 2.60 ish. i din't want to wait 1.5 months for it but it seems like i will be ready for car washing next year lol
Actually I wanted it pronto it was around $12 so basically same price, I wasn't patient enough to order on Ali but this thing makes a huge difference it generated thick foam
With time, everything will go on sale...
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3012 posts
1601 upvotes
The negative pressure pulls the soap out of the bottle, it doesn't force anything into the bottle. It hard to imagine making the bottle explode with negative pressure!
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Sep 15, 2012
768 posts
169 upvotes
bv
Emporium wrote: This specific unit, or foam canons in general ?
This one specifically, check the reviews on PA.
betamaxman wrote: I've read that there are ghosts. Doesn't make it true or mean anything.
There is also ignorant people out there and that is the truth. Anyways I shared what I read, if you want to believe it or not I’ll leave that up to you.

Why is there foam cannons that are 3x the price of this then? And don’t use the your paying for the brand name that only applies to part of the cost.

bogolisk wrote: The negative pressure pulls the soap out of the bottle, it doesn't force anything into the bottle. It hard to imagine making the bottle explode with negative pressure!
Makes sense in principle. What do you think the QA I’d like with princess auto stuff, ever buy their stuff? In a perfect world in a item that’s designed 100% true and perfect yes it won’t happen. With this unit it cannot be said that it’s perfect.

Anyways post back, looking forward to all the clean car pictures!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1009 posts
873 upvotes
Kingston
Adjusting the black barrel is controlling the spray pattern, the wider the blades are apparent the less fanning occurs. The brass dial on top regulates how much water bypasses the bottle. It's kinda opposite of what you'd expect... Set to min, it actually draws more soap mixture. So if you're seeing soapy water instead of thick foam (and your soap mixture is right) then it's likely the dial is wide open you have to fine tune that dial. Post back wirg your results!
Dec 28, 2011
427 posts
205 upvotes
OAKVILLE
I had the same experience as you. Nothing to be embarassed about. This foam cannon is low quality and cheap. it doesn't produce a very good foam.

Also, if you're going to pay $12-$15 for another tip then you might as well buy a proper foam cannon which will run you around $35-$40.

I returned this one and bought a proper one that produces a very thick foam.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5956 posts
2171 upvotes
Cornwall PE
jessagill wrote: I had the same experience as you. Nothing to be embarassed about. This foam cannon is low quality and cheap. it doesn't produce a very good foam.

Also, if you're going to pay $12-$15 for another tip then you might as well buy a proper foam cannon which will run you around $35-$40.

I returned this one and bought a proper one that produces a very thick foam.
iPonik wrote: This one specifically, check the reviews on PA.

There is also ignorant people out there and that is the truth. Anyways I shared what I read, if you want to believe it or not I’ll leave that up to you.

Why is there foam cannons that are 3x the price of this then? And don’t use the your paying for the brand name that only applies to part of the cost.

Makes sense in principle. What do you think the QA I’d like with princess auto stuff, ever buy their stuff? In a perfect world in a item that’s designed 100% true and perfect yes it won’t happen. With this unit it cannot be said that it’s perfect.

Anyways post back, looking forward to all the clean car pictures!
Only one review on PA's site, seems a very positive one. Also if one purchases this one and it doesn't live up too their expectations. It's pretty easy to return anything at PA, never had an issue with anything myself. I have used many cheap foam canons on amazon with desired results. Bought this one because a sucker for sales I guess. Might have time to give it a go to night to see.

★★★★★5 out of 5 stars. · 2 months ago
As good as could be
I’d researched these things for a bit, and was pretty sure I was going to need to pay at least $60 if not $120 for a reputable foam cannon. Took a chance (minimal due to excellent return policies) and turns out this little beauty does everything you’d expect from any foam cannon. Played with the +\- knob for air ratio on the top and the fan pattern and got shaving cream leather that is virtually run free, blasted on in no time flat. What a pleasure to use. I’ve used this twice, but if it only lasts a year, I’m still wayy ahead ($$$). Build quality so far is great. I’m impressed~
*Side note: I’m using Chemical Guys snow foam which may assist in a healthy outcome.

Frequency of use Weekly
Length of Ownership 1 month
✔ Yes, I recommend this product.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309