Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Princess auto foam canon $14.99 + tax

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 7:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2480 posts
1086 upvotes
iPonik wrote: I’ve read of this thing shattering/exploding and damaging the car from piece flying from the nozzle. Best of luck to your warriors!
The negative pressure pulls the soap out of the bottle, it doesn't force anything into the bottle. It hard to imagine making the bottle explode with negative pressure!
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Sep 15, 2012
684 posts
143 upvotes
bv
Emporium wrote: This specific unit, or foam canons in general ?
This one specifically, check the reviews on PA.
betamaxman wrote: I've read that there are ghosts. Doesn't make it true or mean anything.
There is also ignorant people out there and that is the truth. Anyways I shared what I read, if you want to believe it or not I’ll leave that up to you.

Why is there foam cannons that are 3x the price of this then? And don’t use the your paying for the brand name that only applies to part of the cost.

bogolisk wrote: The negative pressure pulls the soap out of the bottle, it doesn't force anything into the bottle. It hard to imagine making the bottle explode with negative pressure!
Makes sense in principle. What do you think the QA I’d like with princess auto stuff, ever buy their stuff? In a perfect world in a item that’s designed 100% true and perfect yes it won’t happen. With this unit it cannot be said that it’s perfect.

Anyways post back, looking forward to all the clean car pictures!
Dec 24, 2007
769 posts
383 upvotes
Kingston
nfnx wrote: Did you have to adjust the nozzle at all? I got this last time around and cant get it to do a thick foam, it just sprays like water soap and wicks right off.. embarassed myself haha
Adjusting the black barrel is controlling the spray pattern, the wider the blades are apparent the less fanning occurs. The brass dial on top regulates how much water bypasses the bottle. It's kinda opposite of what you'd expect... Set to min, it actually draws more soap mixture. So if you're seeing soapy water instead of thick foam (and your soap mixture is right) then it's likely the dial is wide open you have to fine tune that dial. Post back wirg your results!
Dec 28, 2011
365 posts
170 upvotes
OAKVILLE
nfnx wrote: Did you have to adjust the nozzle at all? I got this last time around and cant get it to do a thick foam, it just sprays like water soap and wicks right off.. embarassed myself haha
I had the same experience as you. Nothing to be embarassed about. This foam cannon is low quality and cheap. it doesn't produce a very good foam.

Also, if you're going to pay $12-$15 for another tip then you might as well buy a proper foam cannon which will run you around $35-$40.

I returned this one and bought a proper one that produces a very thick foam.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5745 posts
1922 upvotes
Cornwall PE
jessagill wrote: I had the same experience as you. Nothing to be embarassed about. This foam cannon is low quality and cheap. it doesn't produce a very good foam.

Also, if you're going to pay $12-$15 for another tip then you might as well buy a proper foam cannon which will run you around $35-$40.

I returned this one and bought a proper one that produces a very thick foam.
iPonik wrote: This one specifically, check the reviews on PA.

There is also ignorant people out there and that is the truth. Anyways I shared what I read, if you want to believe it or not I’ll leave that up to you.

Why is there foam cannons that are 3x the price of this then? And don’t use the your paying for the brand name that only applies to part of the cost.

Makes sense in principle. What do you think the QA I’d like with princess auto stuff, ever buy their stuff? In a perfect world in a item that’s designed 100% true and perfect yes it won’t happen. With this unit it cannot be said that it’s perfect.

Only one review on PA's site, seems a very positive one. Also if one purchases this one and it doesn't live up too their expectations. It's pretty easy to return anything at PA, never had an issue with anything myself. I have used many cheap foam canons on amazon with desired results. Bought this one because a sucker for sales I guess. Might have time to give it a go to night to see.

★★★★★5 out of 5 stars. · 2 months ago
As good as could be
I’d researched these things for a bit, and was pretty sure I was going to need to pay at least $60 if not $120 for a reputable foam cannon. Took a chance (minimal due to excellent return policies) and turns out this little beauty does everything you’d expect from any foam cannon. Played with the +\- knob for air ratio on the top and the fan pattern and got shaving cream leather that is virtually run free, blasted on in no time flat. What a pleasure to use. I’ve used this twice, but if it only lasts a year, I’m still wayy ahead ($$$). Build quality so far is great. I’m impressed~
*Side note: I’m using Chemical Guys snow foam which may assist in a healthy outcome.

Frequency of use Weekly
Length of Ownership 1 month
✔ Yes, I recommend this product.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
May 11, 2014
105 posts
55 upvotes
BC
Anyone know how to get this working on a electric pressure washer? Karacher style? seems the current attachment is gas washer only?
Jul 20, 2016
284 posts
239 upvotes
My recommendation is dont buy this. Heres why. The brass fitting. This one is plastic to brass. Wears out very fast. The $31 Amazon basics is the best deal for a cannon. Its brass on brass. Works amazing. This one here will also work great but wont last long. This is like the old Amazon one that got hundreds of complaints. Then Amazon fixed it and bravo Amazon.
Sep 6, 2014
23 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
random1234 wrote: Anyone know how to get this working on a electric pressure washer? Karacher style? seems the current attachment is gas washer only?
Got this for my AR blue electric pressure washer. Had the get a new gun and hose because of proprietary connectors. But now it's universal.

Foam Cannon works great. Put a couple oz of chemical guys snow foam and fill rest of bottle with warm water. Connect to gun. Set to minimum dial and adjust width to whatever you like. Works great!

Would be a great deal if I didn't have to buy all these other parts to get a universal connector. But that's my pressure washers fault.
Images
  • 20200912_115604.jpg
Mar 10, 2011
285 posts
175 upvotes
Niagara
iPonik wrote: This one specifically, check the reviews on PA.

You got my interest so I did a bit of a search with no luck. Any chance you can link or help out where users had the exploding ones. I've had my cheapo cannon for 2 years now and works great. I'd hate to think I have one that might blow up on me.
Thanks
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Oct 23, 2009
188 posts
375 upvotes
Edmonton
blakjak wrote: This foam cannon is very good quality and it works great. I've used the Turtle Wax car soap from Costco and it creates a thick, slow moving foam. I also used this foam cannon to clean the siding on my house and was very pleased with the results. Well worth the $15.
I was curious what you used as a mixture ratio (soap to water) with the Turtle Wax soap in the cannon? After watching many youtube videos on cannon use, there are detailers that mix the soap with water in the cannon bottle, and others that just put in the soap. What worked the best for you?
Oct 23, 2009
188 posts
375 upvotes
Edmonton
Just a heads up, I put in an online order for this cannon today and just received a notice that there is no stock and it can not be fulfilled even thought the site states there is stock.