[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1971 posts
1582 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

[Princess Auto] Princess Auto: Paracord bracelet $1.11

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8740193e
What is the length of the rope once bracelet dismantled and weight limit? Surprised that this info was not put in the description.
2 answers

· a year ago

It has a breaking strength limit of 550 lbs and is 10 to 15 feet unraveled.
1 person found this answer helpful. 0 people did not find this answer helpful.

Good price to keep a few around. Just clip in and go. For day to day it can and has been useful for me anyways for tying down the trunk on oversized items or tying stuff down on the bike or backpack.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7337 posts
2571 upvotes
Markham
I think this bracelet unwound is around 7ft not 15ft.

This bracelet is 8.6" which includes the clasp, so it's likely around 7" in of knotted bracelet.

certain ratio of about 1 ft. of cord for every 1 inch of knotted bracelet length (1ft: 1inch). If your bracelet length is 7 inches, you should use a cord that is approximately 7 feet long.

I don't need a bracelet but I bought the 50ft or 100ft paracord there (can't remember). I make my own non-bracelet like this and keep in the car(s) for emergencies. I think I run my 10" or 10ft of cord. PA sells 50ft for under $5.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 23, 2001
276 posts
216 upvotes
NS
Please consider that the load rating may not be accurate and that it's a static rating. When objects start moving/sliding/bouncing/falling, the dynamic forces can spike many times above the static load. Don't suspend your body with it :P

Good for misc. camping tasks!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2613 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 5:07 pm
If you need several of them, HD would be cheaper. Badger 11 posted in this thread:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-dep ... #p30504485

6 of them (1 made, 5 DIY) for $4.97. I bought a bunch for my Scout troop as a craft night, then straight into their emergency kits.
Are only $1 at Stockyards Home Depot. I was tempted, since regular price was $15. But couldn't figure out what I would use them for.
Jun 11, 2015
284 posts
233 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't buy these unless someone can verify the real break strength.

The Chinese-made paracord 550 I've bought I was able to break using my arm strength. Not confidence inspiring.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7337 posts
2571 upvotes
Markham
TWELVES wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 6:47 pm
I wouldn't buy these unless someone can verify the real break strength.

The Chinese-made paracord 550 I've bought I was able to break using my arm strength. Not confidence inspiring.
The Princess Auto Guarantee
No sale is final until you're satisfied. We guarantee to make it right. We will repair, replace or refund any product to your satisfaction.

When you make an authenticated purchase online, through the National Call Center, and when you provide your Name and Phone number at the time of purchase in-store we are able to provide Hassle free returns and exchanges.

Any purchases you make in-store or online will be tied to your account; this being the name, mailing information, phone number and email address you have provided to us. If you are making a return or exchange, and have misplaced your receipt, all we need to do is look up your information and the appropriate purchase in order to process the return or exchange.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2448 posts
2682 upvotes
Fredericton
gr8dlr wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 7:40 pm
The Princess Auto Guarantee
No sale is final until you're satisfied. We guarantee to make it right. We will repair, replace or refund any product to your satisfaction.

When you make an authenticated purchase online, through the National Call Center, and when you provide your Name and Phone number at the time of purchase in-store we are able to provide Hassle free returns and exchanges.

Any purchases you make in-store or online will be tied to your account; this being the name, mailing information, phone number and email address you have provided to us. If you are making a return or exchange, and have misplaced your receipt, all we need to do is look up your information and the appropriate purchase in order to process the return or exchange.
And none of that helps you when it snaps in your time of need.