Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

Princess Auto - PowerFist 100A Battery Load Tester (12V and 6V car/marine/RV batteries)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2021 9:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2174 posts
1646 upvotes
condo

[Princess Auto] Princess Auto - PowerFist 100A Battery Load Tester (12V and 6V car/marine/RV batteries)

Not the lowest price ever, but probably a warm deal - compared to prices with Walmart, Canadian Tire and Amazon... Price is $19.99

Seems almost identical to the Schumacher brand which is selling for $79.99... not sure what the exact difference is between the two models... 4.7/5* based on 43 reviews...

https://www.princessauto.com/en/100a-ba ... 0008494031
Application(s): For testing 6 and 12V batteries, alternators, regulators and starters up to 100A/1,000 cold-cranking amps.
5 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12637 posts
11461 upvotes
A few months ago, it was one sale for $15.

I got mine at $20 a couple of years ago. I may be doing too many tests in a row. It broke and PA gave me another one.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2006
550 posts
654 upvotes
Great product. Helped me determine if older batteries were giving me trouble or if it was the car. Turns out the starter was dying in my TSX and somehow that was raking my batteries over the coals (even though it really felt like a dying battery symptom wise). Might just have to pickup another one, can't have enough tools.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12637 posts
11461 upvotes
Kazushi wrote: Great product. Helped me determine if older batteries were giving me trouble or if it was the car. Turns out the starter was dying in my TSX and somehow that was raking my batteries over the coals (even though it really felt like a dying battery symptom wise). Might just have to pickup another one, can't have enough tools.
Which year is your TSX?

I took my 2006 Accord 2.4L starter out and rebuilt it with a starter motor brush kit. The brushes was worn down to the wire. My starter is good now for another 10 to 15 years.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2006
550 posts
654 upvotes
embguy wrote: Which year is your TSX?

I took my 2006 Accord 2.4L starter out and rebuilt it with a starter motor brush kit. The brushes was worn down to the wire. My starter is good now for another 10 to 15 years.
Mine was a 2004. But IIRC same K24. Just replaced it with some remanned China OE replacement from Worldpac for under $60. If you're going through the top, it's just easier to drop something in I find. It's so weird, it would cause slow starts, and felt like the drain was getting worse too.

I sold that car a while back and found the new owner marked it up a couple grand. I also had the dreaded 6MT reverse issue where it grinded like hell if I didn't quickly shift into a forward gear first. Other than that though, I loved that car. But this was before the whole GVRD VI situation with VPD. Now 2/3 of my cars cannot be driven in Vancouver as they don't like modded cars :(
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12637 posts
11461 upvotes
Kazushi wrote: Mine was a 2004. But IIRC same K24. Just replaced it with some remanned China OE replacement from Worldpac for under $60. If you're going through the top, it's just easier to drop something in I find. It's so weird, it would cause slow starts, and felt like the drain was getting worse too.

I sold that car a while back and found the new owner marked it up a couple grand. I also had the dreaded 6MT reverse issue where it grinded like hell if I didn't quickly shift into a forward gear first. Other than that though, I loved that car. But this was before the whole GVRD VI situation with VPD. Now 2/3 of my cars cannot be driven in Vancouver as they don't like modded cars :(
Honda K series engine used between 2003 and 2007 Honda Accord, CRV, Element etc.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.

Top