Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Princess Auto Standup Paddle Board (inflatable) $299 - May 25 - June 6

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 3:03 pm
Sep 6, 2013
20 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
My understanding is that those are cheapest Chinese OEM boards (US$150 on Alibaba + freight US$300)
So definitely attractive price for a rock bottom cheapest board.
Not from experience, but from research the problems with boards are
- Seams quality (get busted)
- Build/component quality (valves leaking)
- Build/component quality (things fall off - handles, bungee, etc)
- Material quality - cheaper the board - heavier the board and weaker the material.
No miracles here.
More Important stuff
- More expensive the board - higher the PSI - more rigid the board. Cheap boards 15 psi, expensive - 25 psi Almost double difference.
- Not rigid paddle. Floppy paddle's work area - who would knew
- Paddle sinks - ouch

PSI-wise, Costco's Body Glove Performer 11 - is a cheap one :(
There's no [trusted] ratings on Alibaba's OEM ones, but some videos posted show evidence of very poor rigidity.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3977 upvotes
GVRD
Great price, when compared to other products; but, I'd rather pay $100 more and catch a deal on the Body Glove Performer at Costco... but that means waiting - and everything 'outdoors' seems to sell fast (even at regular prices) during these pandemic years.

Body Glove Performer Features:
Inflatable
Triple layer side rails and stringer
Durable PVC and dropstitch construction
145.1 kg (320 lb.) weight capacity
3.35 m (11 ft.)

https://www.costco.ca/body-glove-perfor ... 08014.html

With the model from Princess Auto, I can see mine would have patches in the first 12 months, long term garage storage, then landfill. For quality/durability issues, I'd rather pay more and deal with Costco rather than Princess Auto.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1989 posts
479 upvotes
'sauga
aquaman123 wrote: looking to get into paddleboarding and this looks interesting but don't know anything about the sport.

do you mean the valve or actual pump? If pump, is it possible to use a different pump (like bike/ball pump or inflator)?
I'm referring to the manual pump that you use to inflate it. Cheap ones have a habit of breaking easily. If you're lucky, the valve on the SUP will accept another brand of pump. No idea what kind of valve this board has or what it's compatible with.

Or, you can get an electric SUP pump which usually come with a bunch of adapters to fit a variety of SUPs, but they're typically ~$100+
Mar 12, 2012
645 posts
766 upvotes
Belleville
spots01 wrote: Nice.
I have to say I would never have gone looking to PrincessAuto for a Standup paddle board.
You'll find them in the aisle between industrial meat grinders, and kid's toys. Next to the parallel cables and VHS rewinders.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1707 posts
1813 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: What is the return policy if this is a complete crap (how long)?

Ie, returned unused, if after opening the box it looks too cheap?
"No sale is final until you're satisfied. We guarantee to make it right. We will repair, replace or refund any product to your satisfaction."
https://www.princessauto.com/en/returns#Returns
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5547 posts
1397 upvotes
Montreal
RxMills wrote: Great price, when compared to other products; but, I'd rather pay $100 more and catch a deal on the Body Glove Performer at Costco... but that means waiting - and everything 'outdoors' seems to sell fast (even at regular prices) during these pandemic years.

Body Glove Performer Features:
Inflatable
Triple layer side rails and stringer
Durable PVC and dropstitch construction
145.1 kg (320 lb.) weight capacity
3.35 m (11 ft.)

https://www.costco.ca/body-glove-perfor ... 08014.html

With the model from Princess Auto, I can see mine would have patches in the first 12 months, long term garage storage, then landfill. For quality/durability issues, I'd rather pay more and deal with Costco rather than Princess Auto.
Agreed but will Costco be able to restock those SUP?
Sep 1, 2014
108 posts
117 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RxMills wrote: I'd rather pay $100 more and catch a deal on the Body Glove Performer at Costco...
I think you mean $200 more? The one on the costco website is $499
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2907 posts
1956 upvotes
montreal
limee89 wrote: I think you mean $200 more? The one on the costco website is $499
No...
He wants to catch a deal, like in december when they had a 100$ off!

Time machine !!!
Jun 26, 2019
345 posts
837 upvotes
jasonchan wrote: "No sale is final until you're satisfied. We guarantee to make it right. We will repair, replace or refund any product to your satisfaction."
https://www.princessauto.com/en/returns#Returns
Princess Auto is very similar to Crappy Tire in terms of return/satisfaction policy. It's up to the individual store/employee on whether they will follow their own policies.
Sep 6, 2013
20 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
cn_habs wrote: Agreed but will Costco be able to restock those SUP?
I recently scored one. It is out of stock all the time, but few times a week it shows stock. Sells fast. When I got it, there was only one in stock. Is being shipped now. Going to try it out and then stakeout for restock again.
Hopefully it is not a return :)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1084 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
If I wanted to spend more for a higher quality product, where could I buy one right now other than Costco ?
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3086 posts
2675 upvotes
Toronto
Pingalino wrote: If I wanted to spend more for a higher quality product, where could I buy one right now other than Costco ?
Amazon!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Aug 19, 2018
217 posts
207 upvotes
Does anyone actually feel this may be a decent deal? Or is it 100% a waste of money and better off saving money for something better?
Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1240 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal
Pingalino wrote: If I wanted to spend more for a higher quality product, where could I buy one right now other than Costco ?
Try decathlon maybe? I saw some instore,
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1240 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal
Try decathlon maybe? I saw some instore,
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3977 upvotes
GVRD
limee89 wrote: I think you mean $200 more? The one on the costco website is $499
Yes, it was $100-off previously. It's likely too late to reduce the $200 difference for this summer because of the high demand for good boards at appropriate prices.
cn_habs wrote: Agreed but will Costco be able to restock those SUP?
Sometimes a call to Costco's 1-800 will connect you with an agent that'll be able to answer that question. They'll look in their system to see if theirs a future order coming in.
superbigjay wrote: No...
He wants to catch a deal, like in december when they had a 100$ off!

Time machine !!!
You're right. But I do believe that those boards are a significantly higher quality to justify the $200 spread. At $100 difference, it was a steal for a board that you'll likely get many years out of. The Princess Auto version is a bit of a guess, and they don't have a lengthy comment history of long-term use.

If one lives near a US Costco, and the borders open up this summer (unlikely thanks to Prince Justin), there's a chance of a good deal on any remaining stock of boards in their US warehouses. I've seen them even marked down mid-summer in previous years down there. Should you have any issues, you're still covered as you can return a product purchased from Costco US at a Costco Canada store.
Aug 30, 2009
222 posts
231 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have the BG Porter kayak thingy from Costco and just looking at the photos of the PA SUPs:
1. The pump which came with the BG is a selectable single/dual action, the PA product is single action
2. The pump which came with the BG has a built-in pressure gauge, the PA product doesn't seem to have a gauge
3. The paddle which came with BG definitely looks better (I don't have experience to say it is indeed better)
4. Maybe it's just my kayak-convertible model, but BG also has a built-in GoPro mount

Between the pump and a good paddle it's close to $200 difference from what I understand.

On the other hand, if one is not sure wherever one would be into SUPing or one can only maybe go once or twice a year, I see how these PA products make a lot of sense without extra bells and whistles.
Sep 20, 2015
54 posts
65 upvotes
Nepean, ON
I can't order it.. what gives?.. should I call the store directly or??
Mar 12, 2012
645 posts
766 upvotes
Belleville
ottbram1 wrote: I can't order it.. what gives?.. should I call the store directly or??
Read title and post 1 carefully.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)