Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Princess Auto Standup Paddle Board (inflatable) $299 - May 25 - June 6

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 3:03 pm
Mar 23, 2005
714 posts
288 upvotes
Montreal
ovni121 wrote: I ordered the blue version with other stuff at the same time around 12:30 on the 24th.
The order is still not confirmed but not cancelled as well.🤞
Check your junk or promotions box or just do a search of "Princess Auto". Thats where it was on my gmail
Apr 26, 2010
896 posts
153 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Got my cancellation email last night, order on May 24th around 10:40am, the orange one.
Sep 8, 2010
693 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
alias_neo wrote: Check your junk or promotions box or just do a search of "Princess Auto". Thats where it was on my gmail
You're right, it was in my promotions box. They sent the cancellation email at 4:00 p.m. yesterday.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1989 posts
479 upvotes
'sauga
I actually received the one I ordered today. We also have the Body Glove Performer SUP from Costco that we ordered 3 years ago for almost twice the price.

First impressions:
  • The bag is kinda cheap. It has a rubber coating on the inside I can see flaking off in a few years. There's also minimal padding on the shoulder straps and only 1 thin strap inside to secure the SUP which I can see nobody ever using
  • The paddle is really weirdly shaped and is quite heavy. Not sure how well it will actually move water
  • The board itself seems pretty good quality. The seams appear to be well done and valve is easy to operate
  • The pump is on the cheap side, but is pretty easy to use. Time will tell how well it holds up.
  • The detachable middle fin has a locking mechanism that I can see getting really hard to use once it gets some sand in it
  • Serious off-gassing from this thing
  • The carry handle on the SUP isn't that comfortable and only has minimal padding. It's also not that well centered on the board, so you'll probably end up carrying this thing on an angle
  • I think my board has a patch on it from the factory next to where the detachable fin goes? Yeesh.
  • I found a mystery washer on the floor after moving things around. For the life of me can't figure out where it goes. I think it might be a replacement for the washer on the air plug on the SUP, but it's harder and made from a different material. No mention of this in the manual.

I'm kinda pleasantly surprised at the quality of the board for the price. The accessories, we'll see. Doing a leak test overnight to see if it holds pressure.

20210527_165852 - Copy.jpg
20210527_171805 - Copy.jpg
20210527_223038 - Copy.jpg
20210527_223110 - Copy.jpg
May 23, 2021
9 posts
4 upvotes
abstract808 wrote: I actually received the one I ordered today. We also have the Body Glove Performer SUP from Costco that we ordered 3 years ago for almost twice the price.

First impressions:
  • The bag is kinda cheap. It has a rubber coating on the inside I can see flaking off in a few years. There's also minimal padding on the shoulder straps and only 1 thin strap inside to secure the SUP which I can see nobody ever using
  • The paddle is really weirdly shaped and is quite heavy. Not sure how well it will actually move water
  • The board itself seems pretty good quality. The seams appear to be well done and valve is easy to operate
  • The pump is on the cheap side, but is pretty easy to use. Time will tell how well it holds up.
  • The detachable middle fin has a locking mechanism that I can see getting really hard to use once it gets some sand in it
  • Serious off-gassing from this thing
  • The carry handle on the SUP isn't that comfortable and only has minimal padding. It's also not that well centered on the board, so you'll probably end up carrying this thing on an angle
  • I think my board has a patch on it from the factory next to where the detachable fin goes? Yeesh.
  • I found a mystery washer on the floor after moving things around. For the life of me can't figure out where it goes. I think it might be a replacement for the washer on the air plug on the SUP, but it's harder and made from a different material. No mention of this in the manual.

I'm kinda pleasantly surprised at the quality of the board for the price. The accessories, we'll see. Doing a leak test overnight to see if it holds pressure.

20210527_165852 - Copy.jpg20210527_171805 - Copy.jpg20210527_223038 - Copy.jpg20210527_223110 - Copy.jpg
what’s the actual width? does it feel too narrow?
curious how the air did over night?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1989 posts
479 upvotes
'sauga
gaudryn wrote: what’s the actual width? does it feel too narrow?
curious how the air did over night?
At its widest, it's about 31.5". Pretty similar to the Body Glove SUP so it should be stable. Of course we'll need to put it on water to really test its stability.

The Body Glove seems more rigid, and doesn't fold up as small so I'm guessing it uses thicker materials. But that isn't really a surprise given the price.

So far so good on the air test. No noticeable leakage.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3933 posts
6298 upvotes
Langley, BC
enjoy returning this when the seam tears knowing it's going into the landfill.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1085 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
My order was canceled too.
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3933 posts
6298 upvotes
Langley, BC
bodyglove is in stock, just order that
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1989 posts
479 upvotes
'sauga
steven80 wrote: enjoy returning this when the seam tears knowing it's going into the landfill.
Hey man, we could say the same about that cheap inflatable kayak you bought on Amazon. Just 'cause it's cheap doesn't mean it won't last a while.
Oct 31, 2013
700 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
abstract808 wrote: Hey man, we could say the same about that cheap inflatable kayak you bought on Amazon. Just 'cause it's cheap doesn't mean it won't last a while.
We got two inflatable kayak as about 5 years ago and they are still fine. I suggest you read or research about "Price".

Not because it is cheap means it's bad quality. Landfill is another issue but I guess we are here to get the best bang for our bucks
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2908 posts
1957 upvotes
montreal
psxcheater wrote: Landfill is another issue but I guess we are here to get the best bang for our bucks
Thie is why I always biodegradable paddleboard !
Oct 31, 2013
700 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: Thie is why I always biodegradable paddleboard !
LoL. Good one
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1707 posts
1813 upvotes
Toronto
Showing as 1 in stock in Kingston (Might be an inventory error)
EB71FF50-B94E-4015-B97D-BFC0A266735B.jpeg
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11484 posts
975 upvotes
Ottawa
jasonchan wrote: Showing as 1 in stock in Kingston (Might be an inventory error)
EB71FF50-B94E-4015-B97D-BFC0A266735B.jpeg
It is.... Every morning this week it's shown as 1 for Kingston, and then corrects itself with 0 an hour or two later.

I think it's phantom stock that their ICS merges into the website, that gets manually corrected each time.
- Absolute

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)