Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] PrincessAuto: $15 1 Litre Pressure Washer Foam Cannon

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:09 pm
Nov 29, 2015
415 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was able to pick up the Kobalt 4 bucks at Lowe's. Should I still consider this deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2337 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
cobra99 wrote: make sure you change to 1.1 mm Orifice.

Where do you suggest we get this?
iceman2015 wrote: I was able to pick up the Kobalt 4 bucks at Lowe's. Should I still consider this deal?
Same here got the Lowe's version. Try it and see if it works for you. Don't get too caught up in the 'snow' factor of the application. A neighbour uses a weed handpump to do the same.
Nov 29, 2011
436 posts
357 upvotes
CALGARY
warplane wrote: Only if you have a weak pressure washer (below 2gpm)
Not really how this works. Yes pressure does effect it but it's more to do with the mixture of soap to water
Franchise10 wrote: Where do you suggest we get this?
Not really sure why all the negativity. I tried it on both my 2.3 GPM honda Gasser and my 2 GPM electric and this makes a big difference. This changes the mixture of detergent to water. If you want to wash the car with soup(why get this then?) or actual foam up to you.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DGQGL44/ref=dp_cerb_1 <-this is not as cheap but you don't have to wait
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33024785129.html <---if you want to wait
Nov 26, 2016
59 posts
83 upvotes
cobra99 wrote: Not really how this works. Yes pressure does effect it but it's more to do with the mixture of soap to water

Not really sure why all the negativity. I tried it on both my 2.3 GPM honda Gasser and my 2 GPM electric and this makes a big difference. This changes the mixture of detergent to water. If you want to wash the car with soup(why get this then?) or actual foam up to you.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DGQGL44/ref=dp_cerb_1 <-this is not as cheap but you don't have to wait
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33024785129.html <---if you want to wait
You're just putting a lot more strain on your pump.

Usually, it's 1.1mm for up to 1.85gpm and 1.25mm up to 2.3gpm. I'm using a 1.1mm on my 1.2gpm Karcher K1700 and 1.25mm on my Karcher HD650
Nov 29, 2011
436 posts
357 upvotes
CALGARY
warplane wrote: You're just putting a lot more strain on your pump.

Usually, it's 1.1mm for up to 1.85gpm and 1.25mm up to 2.3gpm. I'm using a 1.1mm on my 1.2gpm Karcher K1700 and 1.25mm on my Karcher HD650
Yes of course but it's like using a smaller end on your wand(0 degree or a 15). They are designed for this.
Nov 26, 2016
59 posts
83 upvotes
cobra99 wrote: Yes of course but it's like using a smaller end on your wand(0 degree or a 15). They are designed for this.
You're not changing the pressure of the pump by changing the degree, you're changing it by using a different nozzle size (2.0 vs 3.5)

It's like putting your thumb in front of a garden hose. If you're making the hole smaller, the pressure required for the water in the hose to get out if the hose is a lot greater. Same thing for your pressure washer, if you're using a smaller orifice, you're pump will work a lot harder to push the water out of the smaller orifice.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2155 posts
1331 upvotes
johntitor2036 wrote: Would this fit on that ryobi washer that was on here a few weeks back?
Worked for me!
Jan 30, 2016
379 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alvord wrote: Worked for me!
Sweet I guess I'll order one online. Curious how it'll handle vs the soap dispenser
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2155 posts
1331 upvotes
johntitor2036 wrote: Sweet I guess I'll order one online. Curious how it'll handle vs the soap dispenser
The soap dispenser works almost like a coin car wash, much more foam with the canon. Hope this helps and double check if it’s compatible with your pressure washer without any adapters.
Jan 30, 2016
379 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alvord wrote: The soap dispenser works almost like a coin car wash, much more foam with the canon. Hope this helps and double check if it’s compatible with your pressure washer without any adapters.
Hmm maybe I should test the dispenser.
Apr 12, 2017
60 posts
59 upvotes
Only use soap meant for a dispenser not the foam cannon soap. They are different.
Apr 27, 2012
706 posts
489 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought one of these.... Only to find out I can't use soap to wash my car in the drive way in Ottawa? Is it illegal to wash my car in the driveway? There is a storm drain close to the end of my driveway. If not can I use The bucket method?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13278 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
benzylique wrote: I bought one of these.... Only to find out I can't use soap to wash my car in the drive way in Ottawa? Is it illegal to wash my car in the driveway? There is a storm drain close to the end of my driveway. If not can I use The bucket method?
Only if Ur neighbours rat u out!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2337 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
benzylique wrote: I bought one of these.... Only to find out I can't use soap to wash my car in the drive way in Ottawa? Is it illegal to wash my car in the driveway? There is a storm drain close to the end of my driveway. If not can I use The bucket method?
Most cities are like this to protect what goes into the public sewer system. I don’t know enough of the cleaning of sewer water for repurposing (in some cities) to know the complexity of purifying toxins from the water. But hell, of waste water from your house enters the same drains as the road sewer drains then this (cleaning your cars on the driveway) is the least of your worries.

That being said. There are a lot of toxins that could be on your car that a car wash might be disposing of some other means.

Ottawa by-law - https://ottawa.ca/en/living-ottawa/laws ... o-2003-514
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1193 posts
389 upvotes
MARKHAM
I want to give you guys a PSA when using this foamer attachment.
Don't use it too damn close to the car in case it breaks.

I had the same one and the plastic head broke completely off the copper end and shot out.
Damaged the car's door, had to get the dent pulled.
Mar 29, 2006
436 posts
49 upvotes
Markham
allowed to use foam cannon in markham driveways?