• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 3:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2442 posts
2698 upvotes

[Princess Auto] PROPOINT 3 Ton Jack Stands with Safety Pin $29.99+shipping

Was looking for a double locking stand, saw the Torin on amazon for 45$, this looks to be cheaper, and there is a Princess Auto on my way back home. Sharing for whoever is looking for one for the upcoming tire change season.

From the website:
"Double locking ratchet and pin system for extra security when supporting heavy loads. Compact size for easy maneuverability and steel construction for superior strength."

$29.99 if picked up in store.

$29.99 + shipping online.
39 replies
Nov 21, 2018
44 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
Nice find. Are the grooves in the top supports deep enough to clear pinch welds? All the japanese cars in the family have the pinch weld and my cheapo 'certified' stands are not deep enough so the pinch weld gets folded over here.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7690 posts
2848 upvotes
Markham
For changeover, I don't use these jack stands. I put a whole tire under my car in case the jack collapses.

Alternatively, a stacked block of wood made of 2x4 or 4x4 or 6x6 would be better and safer?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2442 posts
2698 upvotes
leif20 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 11:05 am
Nice find. Are the grooves in the top supports deep enough to clear pinch welds? All the japanese cars in the family have the pinch weld and my cheapo 'certified' stands are not deep enough so the pinch weld gets folded over here.
Good point, and will have to check that once I grab it tonight. I will check on both cars.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2442 posts
2698 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 11:13 am
For changeover, I don't use these jack stands. I put a whole tire under my car in case the jack collapses.

Alternatively, a stacked block of wood made of 2x4 or 4x4 or 6x6 would be better and safer?
Thats what my dad taught me as well, but I would rather spend the 30$ for speed, and to use for oil changes.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7690 posts
2848 upvotes
Markham
PriceHunter wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 11:17 am
Thats what my dad taught me as well, but I would rather spend the 30$ for speed, and to use for oil changes.
To each his own....I just don't want more stuff to store. Instead of buying jack stands, buy the Utility heater so you stay warm while doing those changeovers instead. LOL.

Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1028 posts
723 upvotes
Brampton
Bought these for $24.99 earlier in year. They do clear pinch welds on my accord. The safety pins are for piece of mind but I also keep Jack engaged slightly as a back up. Can never be too safe with this kind of stuff.
Last edited by bigzinc10 on Oct 19th, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16035 posts
6209 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:

The one thing to keep in mind is whether the object you are using as a backup could fail when the car instantly falls on it. Just keep that in mind that you're using something sturdy in the event of a jack failure. The suggestion of a stack of wood prompted me to mention this - if it is stacked poorly it may fail when the car falls on it. You will also want to make sure whatever you are putting under the car is under a structurally strong piece of the car, not like a floor board.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9759 posts
4417 upvotes
Decent deal,Missed them when they were 24,99 and do want them but think i will hold out for the $5 lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7690 posts
2848 upvotes
Markham
TrevorK wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 5:46 pm
The one thing to keep in mind is whether the object you are using as a backup could fail when the car instantly falls on it. Just keep that in mind that you're using something sturdy in the event of a jack failure. The suggestion of a stack of wood prompted me to mention this - if it is stacked poorly it may fail when the car falls on it. You will also want to make sure whatever you are putting under the car is under a structurally strong piece of the car, not like a floor board.
If i used wood, i wouldn't stack it so that it would fall.... Make it a cube - dimensions are based on height of the car jacked up. Eg 18"x18"x18"

I think that should be stable enough. Put it somewhat close to the Jack area.

Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2310 posts
1045 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 8:01 pm
Will this jack my Toyota Corolla?
??? Those are jack stands, not a jack!
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Feb 18, 2007
362 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:

For christs sake no.

Not cinder blocks, not pieces of wood, not any other DIY type shit.

Is your life worth $50 for jack stands. **** no.
Dec 12, 2007
104 posts
154 upvotes
saint john
gr8dlr wrote:
How much is the free play before the car body being firmly supported by the tire rim? Is inertia considered?

Are you sure you are safe before the car hits the rim?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7690 posts
2848 upvotes
Markham
Ok. These are Jack stands as someone else has said they are not Jacks. I do not work under the car ever personally.

My suggestions are made in case the Jack gives out to the OP who said he wanted them for tore changeovers. I suggested using a tire to put under the car instead of buying these Jack stands.. Alternative you could make a cube of wood (scrap wood) instead of a tire.