Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:11 am
Dec 7, 2011
150 posts
346 upvotes
SAINTE-MARTHE-SUR-LE…

[Princess Auto] Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill $34.99

This seems to be a good deal for someone who likes camping or bbqing.

And it's free shipping!
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 31st, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
101 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1525 posts
1726 upvotes
Ontario
Would this be good for slow cooking ribs for two or is it too small? Not really interested in portability, just would like to hold below 300F for a slow cook. My Weber NG BBQ is all about 300F+
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1633 posts
9436 upvotes
MILTON
this is made by Weber by the way
Oct 20, 2010
295 posts
144 upvotes
BC
ODoyleRulz wrote: Would this be good for slow cooking ribs for two or is it too small? Not really interested in portability, just would like to hold below 300F for a slow cook. My Weber NG BBQ is all about 300F+
How many burners does your Weber NG have? You can try cooking indirect (turn on the burner on one side, position the meat on the other side)
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1525 posts
1726 upvotes
Ontario
gillbates wrote: How many burners does your Weber NG have? You can try cooking indirect (turn on the burner on one side, position the meat on the other side)
I have 3 burners, I turn the outside to the lowest and the middle off, placing the ribs on the top rack. Lowest I get is about 280F and that’s in the winter. Maybe I should try just one burner on the lowest? The charcoal and adding some wood would increase the flavour.
Oct 20, 2010
295 posts
144 upvotes
BC
ODoyleRulz wrote: I have 3 burners, I turn the outside to the lowest and the middle off, placing the ribs on the top rack. Lowest I get is about 280F and that’s in the winter. Maybe I should try just one burner on the lowest? The charcoal and adding some wood would increase the flavour.
I also have a Weber NG (older style, with transverse mounted burners) . For indirect, I found using just one outside burner (usually the one nearest to me) yielded the best results, as I would expect air to flow towards the rear. I have a perforated metal box that I place on top of the flavorizer bars for holding wood chips or pellets.

Sorry for derailing the thread, in any case it's for a worthy cause Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 9, 2007
28 posts
30 upvotes
Lorraine
Any body tried to PM with Homedepot?
i can't seem to find the online chat....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5290 posts
6490 upvotes
40$ w/ free shipping for a 14" cooking surface and Weber made....more than fair price.
+1
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4072 posts
1959 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP got a PM at HD.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
Still trying to find a tamale steamer here in Canada that I can use to build out a DIY Weber smoker.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4768 posts
4985 upvotes
East GTA
Great deal, I don't have anywhere to store this but giving it an upvote.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1525 posts
1726 upvotes
Ontario
para_seb wrote: Any body tried to PM with Homedepot?
i can't seem to find the online chat....
They will match the price but not match the free shipping, you have to spend at least $50 for free shipping. Website chat is closed, price match through texting them at 84322.

I really like Weber, been looking for a charcoal grill but going to have to pass on this hot deal for multiple personal reasons, nothing to do with quality. Looks like Princess Auto still has about 400 units left so no need to jump the gun right now if you are not sure like I was. This is a solid deal so it hurts to pass on it.

Thanks everyone, happy grilling!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Great deal. Got one, thanks. I wanted in on this deal for ever, but was too lazy to search stores for stock.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
btwitsmatt wrote: I got one for about $50 on bed bath and beyond site. I forget which size I bought but it worked out perfectly.

EDIT:
Found it in my email orders, this is the one I purchased https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... _allpromos
Oh I was looking at that model but wasn't sure because the handles aren't steel. Any issues with it or does it work just as well?
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27421 posts
6791 upvotes
ODoyleRulz wrote: Would this be good for slow cooking ribs for two or is it too small? Not really interested in portability, just would like to hold below 300F for a slow cook. My Weber NG BBQ is all about 300F+
No, these are not good for ribs. Holding a low, accurate temperature isn't practical with these. Plus indirect cooking isn't practical, they're just too small. Some people have modded them to accomplish low and slow, but as it sits now, they are better for direct cooking.

I had one of these and had no complaints for the price. Was great for camping
Mar 14, 2013
809 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
surrealillusion wrote: Oh I was looking at that model but wasn't sure because the handles aren't steel. Any issues with it or does it work just as well?
Haven't had any issues with the handles on it, worst case they melt off but your temps won't get there on the sides most likely. Also when taking it on/off the smokey joe to adjust charcoal i just use oven mitts anyway.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)