• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:11 am
[OP]
Dec 7, 2011
99 posts
261 upvotes
SAINTE-MARTHE-SUR-LE…

[Princess Auto] Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill $34.99

This seems to be a good deal for someone who likes camping or bbqing.

And it's free shipping!
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 31st, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
101 replies
Dec 29, 2017
391 posts
357 upvotes
Would this be good for slow cooking ribs for two or is it too small? Not really interested in portability, just would like to hold below 300F for a slow cook. My Weber NG BBQ is all about 300F+
Jan 24, 2013
546 posts
2516 upvotes
MILTON
this is made by Weber by the way
Oct 20, 2010
108 posts
30 upvotes
BC
ODoyleRulz wrote: Would this be good for slow cooking ribs for two or is it too small? Not really interested in portability, just would like to hold below 300F for a slow cook. My Weber NG BBQ is all about 300F+
How many burners does your Weber NG have? You can try cooking indirect (turn on the burner on one side, position the meat on the other side)
Dec 29, 2017
391 posts
357 upvotes
gillbates wrote: How many burners does your Weber NG have? You can try cooking indirect (turn on the burner on one side, position the meat on the other side)
I have 3 burners, I turn the outside to the lowest and the middle off, placing the ribs on the top rack. Lowest I get is about 280F and that’s in the winter. Maybe I should try just one burner on the lowest? The charcoal and adding some wood would increase the flavour.
Oct 20, 2010
108 posts
30 upvotes
BC
ODoyleRulz wrote: I have 3 burners, I turn the outside to the lowest and the middle off, placing the ribs on the top rack. Lowest I get is about 280F and that’s in the winter. Maybe I should try just one burner on the lowest? The charcoal and adding some wood would increase the flavour.
I also have a Weber NG (older style, with transverse mounted burners) . For indirect, I found using just one outside burner (usually the one nearest to me) yielded the best results, as I would expect air to flow towards the rear. I have a perforated metal box that I place on top of the flavorizer bars for holding wood chips or pellets.

Sorry for derailing the thread, in any case it's for a worthy cause Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 9, 2007
17 posts
27 upvotes
Lorraine
Any body tried to PM with Homedepot?
i can't seem to find the online chat....
Jun 11, 2016
808 posts
1128 upvotes
40$ w/ free shipping for a 14" cooking surface and Weber made....more than fair price.
+1
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2879 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP got a PM at HD.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1368 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
Still trying to find a tamale steamer here in Canada that I can use to build out a DIY Weber smoker.
Dec 29, 2017
391 posts
357 upvotes
para_seb wrote: Any body tried to PM with Homedepot?
i can't seem to find the online chat....
They will match the price but not match the free shipping, you have to spend at least $50 for free shipping. Website chat is closed, price match through texting them at 84322.

I really like Weber, been looking for a charcoal grill but going to have to pass on this hot deal for multiple personal reasons, nothing to do with quality. Looks like Princess Auto still has about 400 units left so no need to jump the gun right now if you are not sure like I was. This is a solid deal so it hurts to pass on it.

Thanks everyone, happy grilling!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2084 posts
628 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Great deal. Got one, thanks. I wanted in on this deal for ever, but was too lazy to search stores for stock.