• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 10:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1305 posts
820 upvotes

[Princess Auto] Standing Propane Patio Heater $149.99

I've been looking for one of these and they are either sold out or really expensive. Princess Auto has these in stock. Not much information but with the return policy it seems like a no brainer for me. Rule of RFD Buy first think later applies here

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8948572e
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 28th, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
80 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1323 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
That powder coat might rust in no time. And lugging it back to the store might not be worth the time and effort.
Aug 26, 2008
879 posts
418 upvotes
Montreal
michiebaby wrote: That powder coat might rust in no time. And lugging it back to the store might not be worth the time and effort.
Heat resistant anti-rust spray paint is $10.
Nov 3, 2018
212 posts
101 upvotes
Would it work as an umbrella replacement for a round-patio table? How practical is 41,000 BTU, I mean, would it allow to comfortably sit outside all Fall up until the first snow? :)
Feb 27, 2008
251 posts
96 upvotes
calgary
Any idea which brand or company is this? Would like to check out reviews. Costco has similar online for $180 but sold out now
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8420 posts
1314 upvotes
Vancouver
I was looking extensively at these a few years back as my condo had natural gas hook up and it was unmetered. Also looked at propane tanks based ones.

What I learnt is that most have parts that fail and they are all some random brands with questionable post sales support. The igniter being the one that fails frequently. These do not perform well in the wind.

Then I thought to myself how often do bars struggle to get these things going and those are commercial ones. The higher end bars have crazy wide ones that are more reliable.

I passed on buying one but at this price

No comments on this unit in particular
Last edited by GangStarr on Sep 29th, 2020 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autocorrect sucks
Feb 20, 2011
906 posts
295 upvotes
findmedeals2 wrote: Any idea which brand or company is this? Would like to check out reviews. Costco has similar online for $180 but sold out now
Brand is Red Mountain Valley
Jul 21, 2005
342 posts
299 upvotes
Kitchener
is this a buy?
Something something dark side...
Jun 12, 2007
835 posts
464 upvotes
I think i own the same one. Its fairly simple inside, nothings broken down in the last couple of years.

Not much rust even though i just keep it outside. The hat is super flimsy and fell off a few times, looks a bit wonky now.
I didnt end up using it as much as i thought i would because the wind usually blew the heat away. I cant see it heating up a whole table unless its not windy at all out.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2992 posts
1561 upvotes
Toronto
purchased, thanks OP. Will be nice for the upcoming winter covid gatherings
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8420 posts
1314 upvotes
Vancouver
Grau18 wrote: Would it work as an umbrella replacement for a round-patio table? How practical is 41,000 BTU, I mean, would it allow to comfortably sit outside all Fall up until the first snow? :)
Not sure what you mean by a replacement for an umbrella. This thing won’t keep you dry and def won’t fit In That round hole in your table.

They do make table top heaters. That are short and sit in middle of table. Might have less wind effect and I think they make infrared ones.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3505 posts
1563 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Ordered, I was waiting for it to show up on their website, they always put it up the day before.

I am 100% expecting my order to get cancelled. I ordered a kayak carrier and a park bench (twice) they all got cancelled more than a month after ordering it. They have a terrible system.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Aug 15, 2017
84 posts
179 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. Was looking for one but they were usually start in the high 300 elsewhere.
Apr 30, 2012
263 posts
137 upvotes
North York
ive had one of these the past 3 years and no rust on it as of yet
Nov 19, 2009
633 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
Sold out now. I've been trying to get my hands on these for a few weeks. If these come through I could kiss the OP.