Jul 20, 2006
9681 posts
3032 upvotes
Back in stock again, 8 available.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2547 posts
535 upvotes
Cancelled here too. But was showing available, so just reordered and selected Canada Post shipping instead. It initially showed a $20-30 shipping charge, but it was gone after. I am willing to pay the shipping if it means it won't get cancelled...
Dec 12, 2015
55 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
just had my order canceled... while it is currently showing as in stock online...
Dec 12, 2015
55 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I talked to customer service they said there is an issue with the site that is allowing orders to continue to be placed. They are told the web team will have it fixed with in an hour. Does not help me with my canceled order but it sounds like most of these are going to be cancelled.
May 24, 2016
174 posts
52 upvotes
Mine is coming tomorrow via Purolator. Still waiting on the fulfillment of my second one coming Canada Post. My first order the day prior for two got cancelled. Great deal
If you can get it. :)
Nov 28, 2003
411 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal
Jeremy_H_Chan wrote: I'm in the restaurant industry and been doing a bunch of research and real world tests with for my 250 seat patio. These style tall heaters with 5 foot high burners in these posts are great for areas mostly sheltered from the wind or for people lining up or heating people while standing and mingling, heat rises and the fire and round flame guard and perforated cylinder does get hot enough to transmit some infrared rays to heat downward when at full blast but if you're seated around a table or lounger on even a slightly breezy day you will get only a small fraction of the heating that this unit outputs as the fire and all the elements getting heated are 5 feet above ground, and the heat level below 4 feet drops to almost 0 when you run the unit at 50% or lower. I had a dozen of these style Napoleon commercial ones and automatic igniters going is a bother, and the thing tipping over in high wind when the tank is empty and bending the guard also annoying (but can be bent back) I found for commercial uses the thing that failed that caused the unit to need a $100-200 repair for an expensive and hard to find part is failure of the perforated metal element that gets hot. We are running the heater a ton in the spring and fall and the metal gets super brittle eventually and if it tips the whole element cracks and that part to get is over half the cost of the heater.

I have one of the stand up glass tube types and went to a few patios with my wife that had dozens of those long glass tubes with fire rising inside (one between every other table) and on a 10-15C night with a slight breeze it was too cool for comfort with a long sleeve shirt with 2nd short sleeve underneath (my wife with a light sweater and dress was borderline wanting to leave it was too cool with the unit right beside her 2 feet away). The bright flame upwards starting at 2.5-3 feet helps bring some of the heat downward and the glass gets hot so it radiates good heat outward when standing at close proximity (my kids and I use ours when drying off from the pool), but the majority of the heat transmitted at face height, also compared to the ones in this post they are less efficient as some of the energy wasted creating that cool flame. I'm no scientist but its something about it creating more visible light energy (bright but not warming), in exchange for less infrared rays which will make people warm from a distance.
The best seated patios heating I've found for overall use is infrared. For commercial, the highest end restos have spent the money on individual gas or electric infrared heaters pointing at each booth or covering 2-3 tables, or have long patios like mine and have infrared natural gas tubes with parabolic reflectors. Electricity is super expensive to run, natural gas for the next few should stay at a all time low so those of us willing to invest have gone gas (I bought 2x 40 foot natural gas tube heaters to cover 1/3 of my patio, the infrared running heats up the tables, concrete patio pad, along with the awning and galss patio wall cutting most of the wind the unit runs on low fire right now when its 10-15c out and its feels warm as our iron tables, chairs, everything is getting warmed by the infrared rays). 120V 15A regular plug infrared might be ok for a small small table of 4 if positioned correctly for residential purposes. I've also been eyeing this for home use (https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8945081e) these knee height propane ones should be casting a large amount of infrared heat and are cheap enough that putting 2 in opposing corners might cover a decent size patio as all people would be covered on one side. If anyone has experience with these type heaters please DM me. I'm trying to find 2 cheap natural gas infrared elements to make a similar heater but using natural gas.
Thanks for the great writeup. Picked the Paramount brand patio heater which works well and has a weighted base base which I filled with sand. So far it has not tipped over.
Jan 29, 2017
70 posts
46 upvotes
Mine got cancelled as well. Oh well - knew it was a crap shoot when I placed the order. Time to keep hunting.
Nov 19, 2009
654 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
f*ck these guys. I ordered twice and both time they were in stock and still cancelled. Same with Canadian Tire.
May 1, 2008
116 posts
51 upvotes
Langley
I ordered it also and canceled.. nice one princess auto!
Wallet safe Winking Face
Nov 26, 2018
109 posts
93 upvotes
did anyone get their order NOT cancelled? ordered twice and cancelled both times. should be reported to BBB. this is gross incompetence or shady business practices.
Feb 9, 2020
26 posts
10 upvotes
I've ordered a number of times now and had them all canceled. Stock fluctuates though, so maybe I'll get lucky at some point.

Edit:
Just had another order cancelled now. It was cancelled right away. So I'm thinking they were still going down the list cancelling orders.
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-10-01 154953.png
Sep 6, 2014
23 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did anyone actually receive one if these? If so what time did you order?

I ordered at 2am on Sept 29 and still didn't get it!
Sep 6, 2014
23 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DealzToronto wrote: Mine is coming tomorrow via Purolator. Still waiting on the fulfillment of my second one coming Canada Post. My first order the day prior for two got cancelled. Great deal
If you can get it.
When did you place your order?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5453 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
All cancelled for me. I ordered one from Home Depot that is supposed to arrive on October 5th in store for $180. C’mon Princess Auto, Take the page down if you can’t actually sell the thing!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2629 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if there are any Toronto bylaws for using these on condo balconies?

Would love to use my balcony in the fall with one of these but not sure if there are rules against gas appliances outdoors