[Princess Auto] Standing Propane Patio Heater $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 10:20 am
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1864 posts
1345 upvotes
Surrey
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Back in stock FWIW.
Thanks. Trying for round 2! Threw a couple other things on the order. Maybe I’ll get free shipping for those when they cancel the heater! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
May 24, 2016
172 posts
52 upvotes
ffonly wrote: Thanks. Trying for round 2! Threw a couple other things on the order. Maybe I’ll get free shipping for those when they cancel the heater! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
So far i ordered 6 and only 1 was shipped. Guess I should be happy I got one. Turns out it’s 48000 btu not 41000. False advertising ;)
Nov 19, 2009
651 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
ashihtaka wrote: Does anyone know if there are any Toronto bylaws for using these on condo balconies?

Would love to use my balcony in the fall with one of these but not sure if there are rules against gas appliances outdoors
as far as I understand, the real issue is the propane tank. They're not supposed to be brought into enclosed spaces (i.e. elevator). This is what I was told at some point when I inquired about a BBQ on the balcony but I could be wrong.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2535 posts
529 upvotes
DealzToronto wrote: So far i ordered 6 and only 1 was shipped. Guess I should be happy I got one. Turns out it’s 48000 btu not 41000. False advertising ;)
So one did actually ship? I am guessing you are in the GTA given your username. Was it via Purolator or Canada Post? I am just trying to figure out why they are canceling them all the time.
  • it is not simply that they don't ship, as you got one (note: I would pay shipping if it was an option)
  • I have had 3 cancelled, 1 booked by Canada Post, and 2 by Purolator, so it does not seem to that.
I ordered two together this AM, fingers crossed...
May 24, 2016
172 posts
52 upvotes
Malta wrote: as far as I understand, the real issue is the propane tank. They're not supposed to be brought into enclosed spaces (i.e. elevator). This is what I was told at some point when I inquired about a BBQ on the balcony but I could be wrong.
I know with bbqs at my condo you are allowed but that’s cause the building was zoned for bbqs based on the height of the balconies between floors. Never thought much about the propane I just take it in elevator. Maybe I am meant to carry it up the stairs.
Aug 15, 2017
90 posts
181 upvotes
GTA
Got my cancellation email yesterday. Disappointed with PA
Feb 9, 2002
349 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I'm at 0 for 5 orders so far.

I'm calling it day.
Canadian Tire Addict
# Of Hot Deals Posted = 6
My Heatware
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2535 posts
529 upvotes
Shingo wrote: I'm at 0 for 5 orders so far.

I'm calling it day.
I went 0 for 4 orders... I will say the cancellation came a lot quicker on my order this morning, so PA is making progress.

I am calling it a day too.
May 24, 2016
172 posts
52 upvotes
knapper wrote: So one did actually ship? I am guessing you are in the GTA given your username. Was it via Purolator or Canada Post? I am just trying to figure out why they are canceling them all the time.
  • it is not simply that they don't ship, as you got one (note: I would pay shipping if it was an option)
  • I have had 3 cancelled, 1 booked by Canada Post, and 2 by Purolator, so it does not seem to that.
I ordered two together this AM, fingers crossed...

Yup got it via purolator. Used it today. Awesome
May 24, 2013
732 posts
158 upvotes
Link is broken now. Called about it and the guy said the whole company is sold out of them lol
Feb 12, 2007
17 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
theBasher91 wrote: Link is broken now. Called about it and the guy said the whole company is sold out of them lol
Link is back up again, but no stock.

My order was cancelled both times I tried. First time it didn't show the number of units, second time it said 3 units and I thought I was successful. 4 days later, it came back cancelled.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3145 posts
2021 upvotes
Langley
I have two of these styles of heaters and they aren't that effective in a large group gathering. They're also big and clunky and I find they don't give off heat I would like it to.

I ended up buying a floor bowl type at costco for $150, think camp fire style and that works way better in my experience anyway.
Feb 9, 2020
26 posts
10 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I have two of these styles of heaters and they aren't that effective in a large group gathering. They're also big and clunky and I find they don't give off heat I would like it to.

I ended up buying a floor bowl type at costco for $150, think camp fire style and that works way better in my experience anyway.
Got a link to something similar? Stuff of that style in gas or propane seems to be $400+.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5449 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote: All cancelled for me. I ordered one from Home Depot that is supposed to arrive on October 5th in store for $180. C’mon Princess Auto, Take the page down if you can’t actually sell the thing!
My order from Home Depot shipped to store today.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3145 posts
2021 upvotes
Langley
shane636559326752286829 wrote: Got a link to something similar? Stuff of that style in gas or propane seems to be $400+.
This is what I use.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/camp-c ... lsrc=aw.ds

I originally had a $600 one that was table height and you could put your drinks on it, but the heat would rise and it wouldn't warm us.

If you get one like this, the heat will rise towards your feet and legs first and it actually works. So, I returned my $600 one and got two of these because our deck is quite big with two big seating areas and everyone who sits around them enjoys it. If the flame is too high, it doesn't do anything. It looks nice, but functionally not very good.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3517 posts
1580 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Received mine today, set it up, it works well. There were a few contaminants inside the chamber that caught fire, but once it burned off it was fine.

These appear to be made for Princess Auto as the box has destination from china as Princess Auto

It is very similar to the ones carried at Home depot in the same price range(paramount and hampton bay). I have one I bought a couple years ago.

One piss off is the wrench, they only include 1 wrench and some of the bolts require 2. Obviously you're better off using a wrench and ratchet (high recommended) Just seems to be an oversight to include a single wrench when 2 are actually needed. Like why bother.

It will fit a 30lb tank, but it will make the knob relatively unreachable.

I do wish it came with a chain to hold the propane tank inside. It sits loose at the base
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Oct 8, 2005
873 posts
103 upvotes
Got Mine, I guess it was those who ordered early. Gonna set it up this weekend.
Jan 16, 2011
379 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone change their mind I'd gladly take it off their hand, even with some gas money for their trouble ;)