Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

Starting May 11 PRINCESS AUTO GOODIES Like Large Ammo/Utility Poly Storage Crate. Surface Lite Vise Tiller/Cultivator

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 8:24 pm
[OP]
Aug 25, 2019
699 posts
720 upvotes

[Princess Auto] Starting May 11 PRINCESS AUTO GOODIES Like Large Ammo/Utility Poly Storage Crate. Surface Lite Vise Tiller/Cultivator

Lockable hasp for secure storage.

Produces an airtight seal.
Dual carrying handle for easy transportation.

17-1/2L x 17W x 8 1/4H

For some weird reason Package size is listed as smaller
I can vouch for the above specs

These are Terrific Sturdy cases for whatever your imagination can imagine.
I have a bunch of these from the earlier in the year sale

Also Four Inch surface Mount Light $4.99

Output: 790 lumens. Average life: 50,000 hours. Ultra-low profile. Can be used in showers and protected ceilings.

10 Watts Four Inch Square

$28.88 This cast-iron vise mounts to workbenches and utilizes 85 PSI of clamping pressure to securely hold pieces in place for woodworking, sawing and drilling applications. It also features a small anvil that’s perfect for forming and shaping metals.
Feature(s)
Jaws delivers 85 PSI of clamping pressure. Small anvil work surface allows for metal forming and shaping. Dual swivel locking lever. Mounting holes on the base securely anchor the vise to workbenches. Grey cast-iron construction for superior strength and durability.
Application(s)
Securely holds workpieces for woodworking, sawing, drilling and much more. Small anvil work surface is ideal for forming and shaping metal.

Only $130 Plus Tax

120V 9A Tiller/Cultivator
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
41 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4914 posts
1519 upvotes
Is the vice any good?

I remember looking for one a few years ago and people said don't bother with cheap vices.
Let's hug it out
Dec 16, 2015
160 posts
171 upvotes
Sundre, AB
Is their website not working properly for everyone else. I've been checking back since Saturday and it just won't load sometimes.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1989 posts
457 upvotes
toronto
AlbertaSparky wrote: Is their website not working properly for everyone else. I've been checking back since Saturday and it just won't load sometimes.
Same. I would usually refresh the page and it'll work
Nov 9, 2014
127 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is it just me or is the 14.99 price on the crate already live?
Mar 18, 2012
577 posts
120 upvotes
damojo wrote: Is it just me or is the 14.99 price on the crate already live?
Shows up for me as well, says May 10-23rd.

Was only 1 left at my local store when I checked out. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't get it as someone on the floor will beat me to it this morning before they pick the online orders.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1002 posts
868 upvotes
Kingston
Just want to add for anyone else looking at the lights that they are non-dimmable in case you were wondering.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1743 posts
1526 upvotes
Ottawa
Any good but inexpensive foam inserts for the ammo box? Have a few work items I have been debating for a while now to get a hard case with foam. TIA
Sep 25, 2009
636 posts
510 upvotes
RCGA wrote: Is the vice any good?

I remember looking for one a few years ago and people said don't bother with cheap vices.
I also have the same question... been wanting a vise on the work bench for a while... if anyone can chime in it would be greately appreciated.
Dec 20, 2014
359 posts
110 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Thanks OP.
Any free shipping code?
My bad, the free shipping is calculated at the last step.
Last edited by Truff01 on May 10th, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42916 posts
7061 upvotes
Is the crate like a pelican case?
Blanka
Nov 8, 2012
819 posts
722 upvotes
London, ON
strikeraj wrote: I also have the same question... been wanting a vise on the work bench for a while... if anyone can chime in it would be greately appreciated.
I got this last time it was on sale. Works for me for my limited uses. Nice to have! If you know you ‘need’ a vice maybe there are other options, but if you want one to have and try out it’s a no brainer at this price . PA returns are also amazing
Nov 9, 2014
323 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
damojo wrote: Is it just me or is the 14.99 price on the crate already live?
Yep - was live for me.
Nov 9, 2014
323 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
djemzine wrote: Is the crate like a pelican case?
I already have several of these. No - they are not as solid as pelican cases. They do work fine. I find that if they are really heavily loaded, the handles feel a bit suspect (I store ammunition in mine - they get heavy.) Totally worth the $15.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42916 posts
7061 upvotes
redmondflagger wrote: I already have several of these. No - they are not as solid as pelican cases. They do work fine. I find that if they are really heavily loaded, the handles feel a bit suspect (I store ammunition in mine - they get heavy.) Totally worth the $15.
Thanks for the tid bit.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6521 posts
382 upvotes
Etobicoke

Really depends on what you use it for. For occasional weekend work, it's fine. But if you use it on a daily basis or for precision work, you may want to look for something better. The price, however, can't be beat.

Feature : lacking rotating/swivel base. This could be a show stopper if you need a swivel base. The vice also lacks a quick release.
Function : Not very precise, lots of play in the jaw. If you are clamping something one one side of the jaw only, the jaw will not be parallel, resulting in insecure hold. The screw threads are very course and subject to flex. The metal used is not the best quality and rather soft.

You get what you pay for. So you have to determine if all the extra fancy features are worth the extra money. A good vice is well over $100. So, at appx 1/4 of that price, it is a good deal if you don't need the features.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2180 posts
1184 upvotes
London

There can be an advantage to cheap vices.

On the other hand, I agree with below, that for vises, you get what you pay for.
eelfliw wrote: Really depends on what you use it for. For occasional weekend work, it's fine. But if you use it on a daily basis or for precision work, you may want to look for something better. The price, however, can't be beat.

Feature : lacking rotating/swivel base. This could be a show stopper if you need a swivel base. The vice also lacks a quick release.
Function : Not very precise, lots of play in the jaw. If you are clamping something one one side of the jaw only, the jaw will not be parallel, resulting in insecure hold. The screw threads are very course and subject to flex. The metal used is not the best quality and rather soft.

You get what you pay for. So you have to determine if all the extra fancy features are worth the extra money. A good vice is well over $100. So, at appx 1/4 of that price, it is a good deal if you don't need the features.
I agree with most of what you say.
It's going to be fit/finish, precision, quality of metal, etc.

I think there can be no doubt this isn't going to be the quality of a good vise, but it is a fraction of the cost.
I have a hard time conceiving of anybody doing minimal workshop stuff not owning one.
At this price, my opinion is a low quality vise is better than no vise.
Once you decide that you can't be without it, shop for quality if you need something better.
You've "wasted" $30, but that is pretty cheap "rental" for what I consider an essential tool.

I have an old 4" English made Record, very similar to the PA one.
I use it very frequently. (measured in hours/week sometimes).
I've never had a reason to have any kind of swivel/rotation.

Of course there are many types, for multiple purposes.
My use doesn't require it, but some people may require it.
If you are asking if you even need one at all, I'd say you don't qualify.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6253 posts
2124 upvotes
Calgary
I think i am gonna pick up one of the retractable power reels for my garage, seems like a decent unit.
Screenshot 2021-05-11 105345.png