• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2021 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2668 posts
2556 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote: I try to avoid the blue stuff because I ended up with a big blue puddle in my garage when the colour separated from product.
I've had this issue as well with an Alaskan bag. Now when its a bit humid I can see the outline of the puddle on the pad.
Hoping a tub will prevent that even if it separates. This is a good size so I can get a fresh tub every couple years.

ktkn wrote: So whats the verdict on this? There were other cheaper options listed/suggested... are those the same thing or is this one better? Thanks in advance.
Generally its all the same. Get what's convenient for you.
If a product is truly horrible you'll read about it already multiple times.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
3038 posts
126 upvotes
British Columbia
StaynorManor wrote: That's the regular pricing for PA, as I recall

Rona has Landscapers Choice Ice Melter 50lbs for $6.39 (clearance)
https://www.rona.ca/en/product/landscap ... 5-41537053

Blueforce Super Salt Ice Melter 10kg for $3.59 (clearance)
https://www.rona.ca/en/product/blue-for ... 5-76965112

Windsor Safe T Ice Melter 20kg for $4.68 (end Dec 8)
https://www.rona.ca/en/product/windsor- ... 0b-8308009
Thanks for these suggestions. The only one that showed up at the advertised price in BC was the Landscapers choice. I got a few bags thankfully. Let's hope I get the confirmation now for pick up.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1213 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
sspick wrote: I just get 20kg(?) bags of water softener for <$6 at HD. It's sodium chloride, and really clean. It doesn't leave a mess in the driveway. And it's always in stock when you need it.

Water Softener from HD
I'm interested in this - how granular is this salt? is it in chunks or is it the same as a snowmelter - little mini pellets
:lol:

Calgary, AB
Jul 23, 2015
122 posts
126 upvotes
Badbrad wrote: on 50 lb bags. *not likely.
Actually, they do. I order two bags last year and got them in two different shipments.
Dec 10, 2012
499 posts
215 upvotes
GTA
Why are 2x 10kg bags cheaper than 20kg bag
Nov 6, 2011
139 posts
69 upvotes
PORTUGAL COVE-ST PHI…
Skiguy53 wrote: I'm interested in this - how granular is this salt? is it in chunks or is it the same as a snowmelter - little mini pellets
The Siftto is in small and medium flakes, not chunky at all. No tripping hazard with that product. Works very well for me here.
Mar 18, 2013
270 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
cannon_fodder wrote: Thanks to Chewfam for pointing out that this is safe for pets (had to look at the 3rd picture which has it right on the label).
Sorry which on is safe for pets?
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3075 posts
1204 upvotes
Toronto
webpromoinc wrote: Sorry which on is safe for pets?
This Jet Blue Ice melter that is the thread topic. It wasn't clear until I looked at the images and saw it on the label.
RFD OG 20+ years
Oct 23, 2005
641 posts
233 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote: I try to avoid the blue stuff because I ended up with a big blue puddle in my garage when the colour separated from product.
my Alaskan experience: transfer some from the big bag to smaller container. Use smaller container to spread; better for hand/back and less likely crumb up/release the blue liquid. I eventually collect enough moisture absorber packets from online shopping/packaging and stick them on the cover of the small container. No more blue liquid.
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5649 posts
3415 upvotes
West Vancouver
Price in tittle ffs.....
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3722 posts
1228 upvotes
Belle River
CrackTheDeal wrote: How about this one from Lowes or Rona which is on SALE!!

https://www.lowes.ca/product/ice-melt/c ... lbs-903421
This one from Lowe's is almost half the price, so doesn't that make the Princess Auto one a pretty weak "deal"? Unless you really want to have a bucket, or you wanna keep smaller buckets around multiple locations and don't have any random containers already.

Or is the Princess Auto one much better? They both claim -32C, pet safe, and "smart melt".
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2668 posts
2556 upvotes
webpromoinc wrote: Sorry which on is safe for pets?
cannon_fodder wrote: This Jet Blue Ice melter that is the thread topic. It wasn't clear until I looked at the images and saw it on the label.
It's also stated on the flyer image in the OP.
But yeah it can easily be missed.
Oct 4, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
CrackTheDeal wrote: How about this one from Lowes or Rona which is on SALE!!

https://www.lowes.ca/product/ice-melt/c ... lbs-903421
I have tried to order this one twice (Sunday and yesterday) and both times order has been cancelled.
First they called and said it was a problem with the stock as it wasn't updated. Second time they haven't even bothered and just cancelled it. Reason: OOS, even thou on their website it still shows as avaiable.
Never odd or eveN
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1313 posts
721 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone have a preference for use on interlock stones? Just got it done this fall, don't want to ruin or stain the stones, if that's even a thing.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1090 posts
596 upvotes
engman13 wrote: Anyone have a preference for use on interlock stones? Just got it done this fall, don't want to ruin or stain the stones, if that's even a thing.
also on the same boat.
also which is the best value at the moment for salt?
was going to order the lowes one, but as the previous post,
getting it cancelled is likely
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
Jan 18, 2012
961 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
This is what I also got. Started with $45/month for 1Gbps and now it's sitting at $65.00. I might call Robbers and see if they can lower it to $50 like the OP's screenshot.
Nov 8, 2013
535 posts
343 upvotes
invinci wrote: This is what I also got. Started with $45/month for 1Gbps and now it's sitting at $65.00. I might call Robbers and see if they can lower it to $50 like the OP's screenshot.
lmao wrong thread ?

I'm still undecided about this ice melter
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3585 posts
2575 upvotes
toronto
silver15 wrote: I have tried to order this one twice (Sunday and yesterday) and both times order has been cancelled.
First they called and said it was a problem with the stock as it wasn't updated. Second time they haven't even bothered and just cancelled it. Reason: OOS, even thou on their website it still shows as avaiable.
I just ordered 2, ill report back. what location did you order from?
Got that FIDO account!
Got that ZOOMER account!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3075 posts
1204 upvotes
Toronto
silver15 wrote: I have tried to order this one twice (Sunday and yesterday) and both times order has been cancelled.
I ordered a similar product that was on sale by Lowes. They said my order was ready to pick up... didn't mention that 3 of the 4 items (including 2 bags of the salt) were cancelled. Really, Lowes?! Is that the best you can do? Staples was worse - they charge me for an item, tell me it is shipped, then I call them and ask for it a week later and they say sorry, we ran out and we aren't going to restock so give us a couple of weeks to refund your money. REALLY?!
RFD OG 20+ years
Oct 4, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I just ordered 2, ill report back. what location did you order from?
On Sunday 3 bags (out of 11 available) from Etobicoke. And yesterday 2 bags (out of 2 available) from Brampton.
After they cancelled my first order, on Monday, they have updated the stock to zero. But today, it still shows 2 available in Brampton.
Seems like they don't even care anymore.
Never odd or eveN