• Jun 22nd, 2019 10:35 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7624 posts
2808 upvotes
Markham

[Princess Auto] Swish Portable Basketball Hoop $39.99

In light of the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA Championship, there's a lot of interest in people playing basketball. "This revolutionary new PORTABLE basketball hoop allows you to play regulation basketball at anytime, anywhere." Might be good for something to take to the park or the cottage rental or something just for kicks.

I saw this in the Surplus section of Princess Auto (Woodbine & Hwy 7, Markham) location.
IMG_20190618_094333.jpg

Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 20th, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
19 replies
Mar 25, 2009
792 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a good deal. Can REGULAR sized balls use for this? It’s hard to tell from the pictures
Dec 29, 2017
185 posts
88 upvotes
Is this a joke? Look how low the rim goes on the first shot of the marketing video. This looks horrible, maybe for young kids...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7624 posts
2808 upvotes
Markham
ODoyleRulz wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 5:26 pm
Is this a joke? Look how low the rim goes on the first shot of the marketing video. This looks horrible, maybe for young kids...
Appeals to recreation/leisure type person.... Not meant for serious play. Try it and if you're not happy, return it.

Nov 14, 2015
248 posts
115 upvotes
Unionville, ON
How do you put it up? whats preventing it from just sliding down the pole?

It might be cool to take to the cottage
Feb 13, 2016
302 posts
298 upvotes
OP definitely invented this and is posting for his own benefit.....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7624 posts
2808 upvotes
Markham
onthemove wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:18 pm
OP definitely invented this and is posting for his own benefit.....
Really?!!? Do you think I own Princess Auto?

Feb 13, 2016
302 posts
298 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:24 pm
Really?!!? Do you think I own Princess Auto?
Well Princess Auto doesn't own every product they sell.... But I mean anything is possible, your highness ;)
Jun 10, 2017
378 posts
519 upvotes
onthemove wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 8:34 pm
Well Princess Auto doesn't own every product they sell.... But I mean anything is possible, your highness ;)
Jus cus the man's name is great dealer don't mean he selling something.... Right?

Kidding aside, I want this lol. For 40 bucks this is great to take on those travels.. Long trip? How's about pit stop and some hoops to stretch them legs?
Great deal.. Thanks op.
Jan 17, 2015
239 posts
192 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
My brother used to joke about dragging around our net (those ones with the base on wheels that fills with water) and challenging random people on the street.

I guess this would be a much more feasible!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1790 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary
Looks cool. Not $40 cool.. maybe $20 cool. Let me know when on sale.
Jun 16, 2012
415 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto. ON
might be fun if strapped to Marc Gasol's head...

Kudos on trying to capitalize during the scorching hot basketball market, though I would think this should come with the matching portable extendaLadder as well LOL..
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1380 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
mcfrugal wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 5:17 pm
Looks like a good deal. Can REGULAR sized balls use for this? It’s hard to tell from the pictures
It says it uses real size balls and it's not a mini net
onthemove wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 8:34 pm
Has the product website but the website doesn't mention anything about this product, they only sell surf boards... Probably built few as a test item which probably failed and leftover stock is available at random stores...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7624 posts
2808 upvotes
Markham
awais wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 3:08 am
It says it uses real size balls and it's not a mini net

Has the product website but the website doesn't mention anything about this product, they only sell surf boards... Probably built few as a test item which probably failed and leftover stock is available at random stores...
I think this is the company which makes it

https://keepersportsproducts.com/swish- ... prod_id=76

Methinks someone has and idea and it's a decent one but not uptake from the market. I don't know if this comes with a ball and pump. This product emphasizes portablity and should not be taken to be like the real deal.

For cottage renters/vacationers, take a look at another product I think is a great to bring item. Portable ping pong net, paddles and ball. BTW I have this and it's a lot of fun to setup a ping pong table at the cottage using the kitchen table. The "clamping net system" works surprisingly well. Nothing like a ping pong tournament at the cottage!

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/east ... p.html#srp