Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat ( Laptop cooling pad) with 4 port USB 2.0 Hub $7.99

[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
14649 posts
3596 upvotes
Markham

[Princess Auto] Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat ( Laptop cooling pad) with 4 port USB 2.0 Hub $7.99

Targus Chill Hub High-Speed Laptop Cooling pad with 2 fan

Works: With 17" Laptops and Under
Color: Gray
Dimensions: 14.25" x 10.50" x 1.00" (W x H x D)

$7.99 + Free shipping

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8917718e

Image

more specs/ info: https://us.targus.com/products/17-inch- ... ns-awe84us
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
25 replies
Newbie
Aug 23, 2012
44 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
I ordered this last week, actually it's 'pre-owned', not brand new, it doesn't say it on their website, but Targus certified sticker is on the box.
Member
Aug 11, 2014
221 posts
127 upvotes
marperson wrote: I ordered this last week, actually it's 'pre-owned', not brand new, it doesn't say it on their website, but Targus certified sticker is on the box.
Thanks for the heads up. Are you the same person who reviewed this product on the product page?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
3849 posts
5314 upvotes
Montreal
Can you control the speed of the fans?
Is it loud?
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
14649 posts
3596 upvotes
Markham
Temporel wrote: Can you control the speed of the fans?
Is it loud?
Can't control fan speed.
Yes, fan may be loud for some people.

96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
14649 posts
3596 upvotes
Markham
nuclearhot wrote: can you set the fan off and use the ports
No.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sr. Member
Aug 12, 2010
561 posts
342 upvotes
Goodluck ordering, all I get is "The shipping method is invalid, please choose another one" when trying every option!
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
3849 posts
5314 upvotes
Montreal
Before buying, read the negative reviews on BestBuy.com

Let me quote a few:
"And the fans are VERY noisy."
"Simple plastic, not very strong to hold a laptop."
"The fan failed after 2 months and the mechanism that locks the tray to tilt failed 6 months later."


That "cooled me off".

Thanks for posting though OP.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 25, 2019
168 posts
218 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Before buying, read the negative reviews on BestBuy.com

Let me quote a few:
"And the fans are VERY noisy."
"Simple plastic, not very strong to hold a laptop."
"The fan failed after 2 months and the mechanism that locks the tray to tilt failed 6 months later."


That "cooled me off".

Thanks for posting though OP.
If you use a docking station with your laptop; this will not work.

Does anyone have a recommendation of one that will work with a docking station; I may need to have work buy me one, as my laptop fan is always running full speed at home.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
1601 posts
1849 upvotes
GTA
MikuGirl wrote: If you use a docking station with your laptop; this will not work.

Does anyone have a recommendation of one that will work with a docking station; I may need to have work buy me one, as my laptop fan is always running full speed at home.
That might depend on the docking station since some of them cover a part or all of the laptop base itself.
If you still want one, then just look for one oversized to your laptop's size. For example if you have a 15" laptop look for an 18" laptop cooler. Hopefully the dock doesn't overhang or else you may have warping issues.
c'mon get happy!
Newbie
Aug 23, 2012
44 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
3express wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Are you the same person who reviewed this product on the product page?
not me, If he commented before the day I purchased it, I wouldn't buy it.
Member
Nov 4, 2006
253 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
Targus used to make the top portion of metal in order to further dissipate heat. This will be less efficient but hey...it is not expensive.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 19, 2011
947 posts
497 upvotes
Montreal
Thanked OP. Would normally not click on a princess auto thread but I've been looking for a cheap laptop riser so ended up buying the other one for $8 with free shipping. Found it on Amazon for $19 and was interested in primecables but $7 shipping.

Not sure why i didn't bring the office one home on my last day. Definitely not going back there to save a few bucks though.

Top