Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Torin Big Red 2 Ton 360° Handle Trolley Jack for $39.99 w/FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 8:10 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 24, 2013
867 posts
3662 upvotes
MILTON

[Princess Auto] Torin Big Red 2 Ton 360° Handle Trolley Jack for $39.99 w/FS

Attributes & Specifications
  • Brand Name BIG RED
  • Item Name 2 Ton 360° Handle Trolley Jack
  • Lift Capacity (ton) 2 tons
  • Lift Capacity (lb) 4,000 lb
  • Min. Lift Height (in.) 5.31 in.
  • Max. Lift Height (in.) 13.38 in.
  • Saddle Size (in.) 1.77 in.
  • Handle Size (in.) 16.93 in.
  • Wheel Size (in.) 2.52 in.
  • Wheel Type Steel
  • Base Size (in.) 17.59 x 7.71 in.
  • Strokes to Full Height 38
  • Material Steel
  • Finish Powder coating
  • Includes Carry handle
  • Packaging (qty) 1 qty
Image
29 replies
Sr. Member
Oct 19, 2004
898 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how this compares to the Arcan 3 ton steel/aluminium floor jack at Costco. The price is great.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
8230 posts
1200 upvotes
TO
soupmaster666 wrote: Night and day difference. The Arcan's extra $100 gets you has 1 ton more capacity, a longer (4') handle, fewer strokes to lift (dual piston), nicer wheels, deeper reach, and it comes with a rubber saddle pad, but it weighs 3 times as much at 60lbs.

The Arcan is designed to be rolled around a shop and used frequently, not twice a year for tires, and you pay for it.
Thanks, this is more than good enough for a smaller sedan like a Civic I assume but borderline for like a CR-V?
I read that for Civic I can even go with a 1-1.5 ton Jack from some of the YT reviews.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Member
Mar 11, 2019
265 posts
247 upvotes
I guess the free shipping is over? I want one of these for my atv.
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
48 posts
118 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Thanks, this is more than good enough for a smaller sedan like a Civic I assume but borderline for like a CR-V?
I read that for Civic I can even go with a 1-1.5 ton Jack from some of the YT reviews.
This jack is fine for a CRV. Firstly, the curb weight of the CRV is less than 2 tons. But even if it was over 2 tons, it’s not as if you are lifting the entire vehicle at once. You can only jack from a corner with this jack, and I believe some say the jack only need to be rated for about 3/4 of the vehicle weight.

That being said, I personally hate the design of this Jack. The minimum lift is too high, and the max lift is too low. Also you can probably only jack at the pinch welds and not the frame as there is no reach.
But that is not the purpose of the Jack. As others have said, it’s not designed to be used frequently, and is very light weight (kinda). It’s main use would be for tire changes I would imagine, or kept in a car for emergencies (assuming your car has a spare).
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1379 posts
1621 upvotes
Atlantic
For those that have floor/trolley jacks in general, what is a good height to lift the vehicle up if you want to do work underneath, like changing oil?
Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2010
458 posts
1084 upvotes
T Dot
I bought this with the PA kit including creeper, stands etc on sale a few weeks ago and you get what you pay for. A previous poster is correct: the handle is only as long as the jack, about 15ish inches so it can only reach the pinch welds, there is no way to reach past bumper into the centre of the car the lift a whole end at once. Releasing your car down requires a lot of finesse and I haven't mastered that yet. Plus the saddle is tiny, less than 2" I think.

It is nice it's so light though, great to keep in the car or if you're like me don't have a garage and gotta schlep it up and down stairs. Just really depends what your plans are for it, I'd recommend it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2006
2274 posts
91 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Thanks, this is more than good enough for a smaller sedan like a Civic I assume but borderline for like a CR-V?
I read that for Civic I can even go with a 1-1.5 ton Jack from some of the YT reviews.
It depends on the ground clearance of the CR-V. I bought the same jack 2 weeks ago for my Hyundai Elantra and Subaru Crosstrek. It worked for the Elantra but not the Crosstrek as the jack couldn't lift it high enough. In the end, I returned it and ended up getting a 3 ton jack + stands from Canadian tire.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cert ... 1055p.html
Jr. Member
Sep 22, 2010
119 posts
90 upvotes
Guelph
RiP wrote: I wonder how this compares to the Arcan 3 ton steel/aluminium floor jack at Costco. The price is great.
I have the 3 ton version and it is crap. Didn't even last a year. Can't speak to this exact jack but I don't trust the brand. I just purchased the Arcan to replace it but it is on back order.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4125 posts
4220 upvotes
Vancouver
I've had this jack for something like 15 years, Mine has no brand name on it, just "Made in China" - but it's identical.

It's pretty basic, and I don't use it much, but it still works fine.
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
576 posts
336 upvotes
v1p3r69 wrote: I have the 3 ton version and it is crap. Didn't even last a year. Can't speak to this exact jack but I don't trust the brand. I just purchased the Arcan to replace it but it is on back order.
What's crap about the torin 3 ton ?

Genuinely asking- was debating between the 2 from Costco (Torin vs Arcan)

The added lift height of Torin is drawing me toward it.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4125 posts
4220 upvotes
Vancouver
EasyCompany251 wrote: For those that have floor/trolley jacks in general, what is a good height to lift the vehicle up if you want to do work underneath, like changing oil?
I find 6-7 feet is a good height for working under the car. :)
But even a few inches can be helpful in getting to things underneath if you must work on the ground. The more, the better.

But keep in mind Rule #1 of jacks - you NEVER use them to support the vehicle while working underneath. You raise the vehicle with the jack, then support it with jack stands. And use proper wheel chocks to prevent accidental rolling.
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
48 posts
118 upvotes
saad29 wrote: What's crap about the torin 3 ton ?

Genuinely asking- was debating between the 2 from Costco (Torin vs Arcan)

The added lift height of Torin is drawing me toward it.
I believe the poster is referring to the 3 ton version of this “big red” jack. Not the Costco 3 ton Torin jack.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
2044 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to just ship it out? Status of an order has been sitting in the queue for days. They seem to use Canada expedited post to ship out things.
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
576 posts
336 upvotes
Burningoak wrote: I believe the poster is referring to the 3 ton version of this “big red” jack. Not the Costco 3 ton Torin jack.
Ah I see - Thanks!
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
48 posts
118 upvotes
saad29 wrote: Ah I see - Thanks!
I also took a look at the Costco torin jack, are you looking at the low profile one?

If so, for the same price I would go with the low profile one. But that’s more due to my own preference. I prefer to jack my vehicles up from the rear diff and front frame and jack stand the sides at the pinch welds or frame. If the jack is not low profile, you usually cannot reach the frames or rear diff, depending on the car.

Keep in mind the torin is heavier and the saddle is not padded.
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
576 posts
336 upvotes
Burningoak wrote: I also took a look at the Costco torin jack, are you looking at the low profile one?

If so, for the same price I would go with the low profile one. But that’s more due to my own preference. I prefer to jack my vehicles up from the rear diff and front frame and jack stand the sides at the pinch welds or frame. If the jack is not low profile, you usually cannot reach the frames or rear diff, depending on the car.

Keep in mind the torin is heavier and the saddle is not padded.
https://www.costco.ca/torin-3-ton-profe ... 92927.html - $129 in store

vs

https://www.costco.ca/arcan-3-ton-profe ... 17470.html - $149 Online only

Top