Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Toughbuilt 77 Inch Mitre Saw Stand -$99 (can get Home Depot to price beat)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 11:11 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2014
35 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver

[Princess Auto] Toughbuilt 77 Inch Mitre Saw Stand -$99 (can get Home Depot to price beat)

Toughbuilt Mitre Saw Stand - on sale at Princess Auto at $99 and currently at Home Depot at $165.

It is the 77 inch S510 version (although Princess Auto website does not clearly indicate model #). It is good for home DIY use and does NOT fold/stand vertically for storage. It has adjustable vertical supports which can help keep your material (wood/moulding) level with the deck of the mitre saw.

Gets great reviews.

Not sold in-store at Home Depot, but go to website and chat or call customer service to price beat (by 10%). So my price today was $99-10% = about 93$ before taxes via Home Depot. They ask you to purchase it and then provide the order # and will adjust before the card is charged. The charge has already come through my CC before I received an official invoice- $100.80 all in (BC). The original invoice at HD before adjustment was for $184
Capture.PNG

I will use it for my DW713 10 inch Mitre Saw

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8684524e
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/toughb ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by whytibear on Feb 20th, 2020 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't buy it if you don't need it.
20 replies
Dec 31, 2009
133 posts
253 upvotes
town fmrly known as …
I see the dewalt stand is on sale tom as well at rona. For 109

Try price match plus 10% at lowes. For 99
Images
  • upload.jpg
Oct 16, 2005
941 posts
483 upvotes
zac3ne2nr wrote: I see the dewalt stand is on sale tom as well at rona. For 109

This does not have the arms for longer pieces of material
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1161 posts
97 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zac3ne2nr wrote: I see the dewalt stand is on sale tom as well at rona. For 109

Lowes only match Rona I think, no 10%.

Are those stand universal fit? sorry for stupid question.
Dec 31, 2009
133 posts
253 upvotes
town fmrly known as …
Focus wrote: Lowes only match Rona I think, no 10%.

I've gotten lowes to match and beat rona , no tricks or begging. They do it.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43130 posts
3661 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Loving HD's improvement to chat. It used to be that I chatted with the agent directly when I ask to PM. Now, the prompt asks you for the HD SKU, competitor name, and URL before submitting all that info to the agent for approval. Definitely more seamless and shows that they are not afraid of PMs.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2014
35 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
Agree- they even do price matching over SMS.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2014
35 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
Focus wrote: Lowes only match Rona I think, no 10%.

Yes- should fit most Mitre Saw brands and sizes (10" or 12" blades). The universal tool mounts/mounting brackets are included. The mounts attach to the base of your mitre saw and then clamp/screw onto the stand. The mitre saw+mount can be taken off the stand and placed on another flat surface for use, if you need to move your mitre saw without the entire stand.
Oct 3, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Thanks OP! Just ordered one. Took a few minutes to talk to the customer Rep. At first I was told since there was no model number on PrincessAuto web site so HD wouldn't match the price. I told her someone did already and also there was only one model of 77inch on Toughbuild web site. She went to talk to her supervisor and finally granted the discount.
Jan 10, 2018
2 posts
Saskatchewan
I purchased from HomeDepot through SMS for 89.10 with free shipping to my door. Princess auto was going to charge me 46.00 for shipping.
Jan 19, 2017
524 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
I was thoroughly impressed with the Mastercraft one that goes onsale for 50% off ($100 after sale). Incredibly well built and sturdy.
Jan 12, 2007
143 posts
19 upvotes
London
I have this Toughbuilt mitre saw stand with a 10” dual-bevel DeWalt saw.

I’m not overly impressed by it. I find the wheel base too narrow. Making it easy to tip to one side while moving it.

Last year I kept my saw/stand in the garage and would wheel it to the backyard while building my shed. I found that while rolling the saw to the backyard if the surface isn’t completely flat, and one wheel gets a bit higher than the other it really wants to tip over. I also don’t find it overly convenient to stand it on the legs with only one person. Again, these are only my comments/observations.

It is a solid stand, but would be better if the wheel base were wider and easier to stand up with only one person.
Oct 27, 2009
27 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can I use this stand to put my table saw on or do I need a specific type of stand?