[OP]
May 27, 2019
28 posts
50 upvotes

[Princess Auto] Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit - 45% off - $44.03

Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit at Princess Auto

Was $79.99 Now $44.03

$73.70 on Amazon with good reviews.
Last edited by Shaner on May 1st, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added price to title
16 replies
May 23, 2008
753 posts
319 upvotes
Gtown ON
Price in title please, thanks.
Nov 3, 2005
334 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Is all of this stuff necessary? Or is a bore snake and some oil good enough?
[OP]
May 27, 2019
28 posts
50 upvotes
Puissance wrote: Is all of this stuff necessary? Or is a bore snake and some oil good enough?
Depends how many firearms you have and the range of calibers.

You can absolutely get by without everything in this kit. However kits with 20% of what this one comes with can retail for $50+

The best bang for your buck would be to get everything you need, and make a case for it all yourself. Or dump it all in a zip lock bag.
Aug 6, 2011
80 posts
27 upvotes
St Catharines
I have this exact same kit. I have no complaints with it at all!

I paid ~$70 for it. For $44 it's a no brainer.
Feb 11, 2015
62 posts
62 upvotes
Alberta
Amazon has better info, they include more photos and a better description. 73% of people that reviewed 5/5 that paid at least $69.29 (Lowest price from CCC on Aug 08, 2019). This is a great find OP, thank you

Product description
Amazon.ca Product Description
The Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit (65 Pieces) is a professional grade cleaning kit that uses high grade components, stored in a tool box specifically built for gun cleaning. Each cleaning tool has its own fitted compartment that is named with the items name or size. This kit is designed for the traditional shooter, and it has components for 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and .410 bore shotguns, as well as standard rifle and pistol calibers. The tool box has ample space for cleaning chemicals, extra patches, cleaning cloths, and extra jags or brushes.

From the Manufacturer
The professional grade kit contains gun cleaning components that discriminating gun shooters will appreciate in a tool box that was specially designed for Gun Cleaning tools and accessories. The 15-Inch x 10-Inch x 8.75-Inch box has dual latches, a lockable lid with 7-Inch x 3-Inch x.6-Inch compartments with see-through lids. Inside, the cleaning components are held in two, nested trays with custom-fitted compartments for each accessory. Each compartment has the name of the component it holds, molded into or tray. Solvents and cleaning chemicals (not included), can be kept with the patches, etc. in the bottom of the tool box.

The Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit (65 Pieces)
The Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit (65 Pieces) is a professional grade cleaning kit that uses high grade components, stored in a tool box specifically built for gun cleaning.

Each cleaning tool has its own fitted compartment that is named with the items name or size.

This kit is designed for the traditional shooter, and it has components for 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and .410 bore shotguns, as well as standard rifle and pistol calibers.

The tool box has ample space for cleaning chemicals, extra patches, cleaning cloths, and extra jags or brushes.

cleaning kit
Kit includes the following:
Bronze shotgun bore brushes: 12 & 20 gauge and .410 bore, all 5/16-27 threads
Bronze rifle/pistol brushes: .54, .50, .44/.45, .40, .375, .35, .338, .30, .270, .243, and .22 caliber (8-32 thread), and .17 (5-40 thread)
Brass jags for rifle/pistol: .50, .45, .44, .375, .35, .338, .30, .270, .25, .243/6mm, and .22 caliber (8-32 thread), and .17 (5-40 thread)
Cotton swabs for shotgun: 12 & 20 gauge, and .410 bore, all 5/16-27 thread
Cotton swabs for rifle/pistol: .357/9mm, .30, and .270 caliber, all 8-32 thread
Brass slotted tips: shotgun (5/16-27 thread) and rifle/pistol in .40, .30, and .22 caliber (8-32 thread)
Brass adapters: shotgun (5/16-27 thread), rifle/pistol (8/32 thread), and .20 caliber and less (5-40 thread)
Muzzleguards for 4mm and 6mm brass cleaning rods
Brass cleaning rods (3-piece rods): 4mm and 6mm
Pick tool, cleaning brush, brass cleaning brush and cotton patches: 1″ x 3″ and 1.5″ x 3″
Last edited by diesel8890 on May 1st, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 22, 2020
72 posts
163 upvotes
Winnipeg
Aluminum rod, I'd stay away from it unless you already have a brass one on hand or a cheap replacement. Only go for brass or carbon. Aluminum oxidizes and forms a very abrasive layer with time that will scratch your barrel
Feb 22, 2020
72 posts
163 upvotes
Winnipeg
Puissance wrote: Is all of this stuff necessary? Or is a bore snake and some oil good enough?
It's nice to have an all-in-one kit, that works on handguns, rifles, shotguns...etc. When I go to the range I always take my cleaning kit with me just in case. Having a comprehensive kit in a convenient box is easier that lugging around 2 or 3 cleaning kits. I'm not a fan of bore snakes myself, I find the rods easier to use. To each their own.

I wouldn't use just oil on the barrel though, you need some kind of solvent like Hoppes #9 to remove the carbon residue from the barrel. CLP and other all in one products are decent, but don't clean out the carbon as much as I like them to. Hence why I always use a solvent for the barrel, then finish it off with a light coat of oil for corrosion protection.,
[OP]
May 27, 2019
28 posts
50 upvotes
cedarleaf wrote: Aluminum rod, I'd stay away from it unless you already have a brass one on hand or a cheap replacement. Only go for brass or carbon. Aluminum oxidizes and forms a very abrasive layer with time that will scratch your barrel
I had the wrong info earlier.

The amazon page says that's this come with brass rods

"Brass cleaning rods (3-piece rods): 4mm and 6mm"
Feb 11, 2015
62 posts
62 upvotes
Alberta
cedarleaf wrote: It's nice to have an all-in-one kit, that works on handguns, rifles, shotguns...etc. When I go to the range I always take my cleaning kit with me just in case. Having a comprehensive kit in a convenient box is easier that lugging around 2 or 3 cleaning kits. I'm not a fan of bore snakes myself, I find the rods easier to use. To each their own.

I wouldn't use just oil on the barrel though, you need some kind of solvent like Hoppes #9 to remove the carbon residue from the barrel. CLP and other all in one products are decent, but don't clean out the carbon as much as I like them to. Hence why I always use a solvent for the barrel, then finish it off with a light coat of oil for corrosion protection.,
Is there a certain cleaning solvent and lube/gun oil you'd recommend?
Feb 24, 2004
98 posts
352 upvotes
YYC
I bought one last year and I recently called their CS to replace it. Very poor quality brushes and the "brass" is practically falling apart. Suggest staying away and buying a surplus kit with real brass brushes and rods.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1014 posts
177 upvotes
What is the point, soon we won't have any guns left to clean.
Feb 22, 2020
72 posts
163 upvotes
Winnipeg
diesel8890 wrote: Is there a certain cleaning solvent and lube/gun oil you'd recommend?
Hoppes #9 bore cleaner. A 1 pint bottle will last you a decade.