Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Up to 25% off Meguiar's products - Gold Class Car Wash ($13.49), Water Magnet Drying Towel ($11.24), etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 4:31 pm
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…

[Princess Auto] Up to 25% off Meguiar's products - Gold Class Car Wash ($13.49), Water Magnet Drying Towel ($11.24), etc.

23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
how aggressive is the scratch X 2.0?
a bike crashed into the side of my truck, and left a nice long scratch.
looks like maybe only the clearcoat, so im going to to this :

fast forward to 3:30
Aug 13, 2016
149 posts
138 upvotes
balou911 wrote: how aggressive is the scratch X 2.0?
a bike crashed into the side of my truck, and left a nice long scratch.
looks like maybe only the clearcoat, so im going to to this :

fast forward to 3:30
Exactly, it just for basically surface scratches
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
To bad they don't have Keep Clear Headlight treatment... I'm looking to try that.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 5, 2008
427 posts
364 upvotes
Richmond
If you’re talking about the headlight UV protectant cream, I personally didn’t find it to work that strong when applying it after every monthly wash. Probably just as good to use 303 protectant or a quick wax spray if you already use those.
gr8dlr wrote: To bad they don't have Keep Clear Headlight treatment... I'm looking to try that.
Aug 1, 2016
499 posts
893 upvotes
Planning on doing a full detail of my car and I find meguiars products to be pretty good and cost efficient. It's too bad they don't have the compound and polish. Really needed those to get rid of swirl marks and clear coat scratches.

I'll probabaly pick up gold class car wash though as I seem to be running pretty low.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
Bought the Quik Mist & Wipe Interior Detailer and it seems kinda useless, doesn't look any different than if cleaned with water.
May 26, 2014
216 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
I recommend getting the water magnet. That towel really soaks up water, like it really surprised me
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
gr8dlr wrote: To bad they don't have Keep Clear Headlight treatment... I'm looking to try that.
Have you tried toothpaste?
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
when u clean rims can i just use regular car wash soap or do u need rim cleaner spray? thx pros and cons
#cheapingout
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Westbeachbc wrote: If you’re talking about the headlight UV protectant cream, I personally didn’t find it to work that strong when applying it after every monthly wash. Probably just as good to use 303 protectant or a quick wax spray if you already use those.
+1
I've used the Meguiar's UV protectant too, it'll help but not ideal. Probably last one more month (when compared to just using plastX) before requiring a polish with Meguiar's plastX again.
mikka2017 wrote: when u clean rims can i just use regular car wash soap or do u need rim cleaner spray? thx pros and cons
#cheapingout
Used to just use car soap many years ago... but nothing breaks down the brake dust and gunk like a proper wheel cleaning product.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
DannyH17 wrote: It's too bad they don't have the compound and polish. Really needed those to get rid of swirl marks and clear coat scratches.
Would a Turtle Wax Polishing Compound or Rubbing Compound (harsher of the two) do the trick?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
Yes I was looking for some kind of UV protectant...I sprayed clear coat last time but didn't look good over time and it was a pain re sanding it down so I'm looking for this Keep Clear Headlight Coating now. I see on Amazon.com, there's another product Sylvania Headlight Restoration UV Block Clear Coat, 1 fl. oz. (? One oz) 3600 reviews 4.5 stars => https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIVYE6G/re ... B01M4RVVX6

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17804- ... B01M4RVVX6

over 1600 reviews on Amazon and rated 4.5 stars. Supposed to last up to a year...even if I can get away with half years I'd be OK with it. Don't want to do monthly or that kind of frequency.

Maintains clarity on restored headlights
Provides durable UV protection
Helps keep new headlights looking like-new
Proprietary coating that provides headlight clarity for up to a year
Easy aerosol spray application

Re. Aerospace Protectant 303, I found this on Amazon.com Q&A section...not sure if it's true though as someone else posted this.

There are warnings associated with this product to avoid overspray on anything even close to clear plastics especially clear window coverings and such. I would expect it would leave a permanent fog on the material. Because it is quite viscous and runs easily,

Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
Perfect Clarity Kit demo (by Meguiar's).

Kit is available at Cdn Tire for $27. Might end up with this even though I only really wanted the Keep Clear headlight Coating.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/megui ... 1007p.html

Aug 9, 2015
491 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
gr8dlr wrote: Perfect Clarity Kit demo (by Meguiar's).

Kit is available at Cdn Tire for $27. Might end up with this even though I only really wanted the Keep Clear headlight Coating.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/megui ... 1007p.html

Which clear coat did you use? I've had decent luck with Rustoleum gloss clear coat with UV protection. It seems to always have orange peel after initial coats but once wet sanded and polished it's good to go. I've used it on two sets of headlights and after 12 and 16 months they still hold up fine.
But at what cost
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
kukayla wrote: Which clear coat did you use? I've had decent luck with Rustoleum gloss clear coat with UV protection. It seems to always have orange peel after initial coats but once wet sanded and polished it's good to go. I've used it on two sets of headlights and after 12 and 16 months they still hold up fine.
That's what I used as well...ChrisFix recommended it.

The Meguiar's Keep Clear product is recommended by Scotty Kilmer

Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2011
1168 posts
1253 upvotes
Pearson
<sarcasm>Ya Scotty Kilmer really knows what he's talking about </sarcasm>