Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

YMMV - Pellet and Small Log Firepit Model PFP1513-C Princessauto Foundation $20.00

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2021 9:03 pm
[OP]
Member
Oct 26, 2003
272 posts
269 upvotes
Caledon

[Princess Auto] YMMV - Pellet and Small Log Firepit Model PFP1513-C Princessauto Foundation $20.00

So was looking for one of these for the fall, a small pellet fire pit, sort of like the solo stove but cheap. Same idea with super heated air for reburn hence making it “smokeless”.

I knew princess auto carried the Blue Sky model link here

https://www.princessauto.com/en/portabl ... 0008883415

Last time I checked no stock anywhere on my way out Friday saw a display of these about 30 units at the Bolton Princessauto, for $20.00 so grabbed 2.
Only difference is this one instead of saying “Blue Sky” at the bottom, CNC cut “princess auto” figure they had these made to promote their charity.

Considering cost of a bag of wood coming $8-$12 vs a 40lb bag of wood pellets $4.50 it was a no brainer to take camping or just having back yard fires.

So exact model of this is PFP-1513-C, sold at Lowe’s/Rona/Amazon/HomeDepot USA average cost 80ish.

Attached are some photo, meant to call a few stores to find out if it’s something going chain wide here in Ontario as part of the PA Foundation, but didn’t get the time. Anyhoo if you need a nice portable fire pit for your fall evening head to Bolton for sure :)

Rona link
https://www.rona.ca/en/the-ridge-blue-s ... -330764887

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sky-Outdoor ... B07R4X5ZZQ


Attached are the relevant pictures and some when I fired it up

Maybe call your local store and reference the PRINCESS AUTO SKU ONLY listed in picture
Images
  • A864EB26-9066-42A7-A91E-E986AAD6E2B8.jpeg
  • 5311E10A-09A3-4712-879F-79558DF54644.png
  • 5456857B-7F89-4469-A878-6CF1AE2589D5.jpeg
  • C6BB5B94-50D1-49FC-B7C4-E6DD87EA0F9D.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 3rd, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
14 replies
Member
Nov 30, 2015
472 posts
568 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Looks really interesting. How "smokeless" is this? Comparable to a propane fire pit? Thinking it would be nice to have a small inconspicuous fire once in a while in my backyard during the fall.
Jr. Member
Nov 16, 2019
147 posts
63 upvotes
I bought a blue sky fire grill a while back and it rusted like crazy after A single use. For 20 bucks tho I’m willing to try it. Is it a store only thing then?
[OP]
Member
Oct 26, 2003
272 posts
269 upvotes
Caledon
GroverTime wrote: Looks really interesting. How "smokeless" is this? Comparable to a propane fire pit? Thinking it would be nice to have a small inconspicuous fire once in a while in my backyard during the fall.
While burning it’s smokeless! However depending on your pellets and moisture in them when adding more to fire it may smoke up then once the new pellets are ignited by embers below it burns clean. Flames are tall a gives off massive heat.. a side note on first burn it will smell a bit as the powder coated paint burns in..
Last edited by ravell on Oct 2nd, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Member
Oct 26, 2003
272 posts
269 upvotes
Caledon
dmitrym879060355 wrote: I bought a blue sky fire grill a while back and it rusted like crazy after A single use. For 20 bucks tho I’m willing to try it. Is it a store only thing then?
Looked on their website could not find it.. typically I don’t post princess auto stuff as a lot of times what’s clearing in one store is not nationwide. I suggest calling your closest store and ask if they got these SKU and price.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
14837 posts
9623 upvotes
Markham
ravell wrote: Looked on their website could not find it.. typically I don’t post princess auto stuff as a lot of times what’s clearing in one store is not nationwide. I suggest calling your closest store and ask if they got these SKU and price.
Even though what you find may be clearance, post it anyways and post the location it was found in. YMMV if you want. Those who live close by can get the deal at the very least. Thanks for posting this.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 9, 2002
2628 posts
554 upvotes
Burlington
Where are you buying a 40lb bag of pellets for $4.50?
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Newbie
Mar 18, 2015
40 posts
51 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Casper wrote: Where are you buying a 40lb bag of pellets for $4.50?
Walmart near me had the 40lb bags of heating pellets on clearance for $3...YMMV
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2015
975 posts
857 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Called my local PA and they say that SKU is specifically for a PAL foundation thus the promotion and the money made will be for charity. It is very store/location specific and they had some item similiar but different charity promo and price different as well. So highly YMMV
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2013
518 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks OP! I called PA in Bolton this morning (10/3/21) and they had 2 in stock but these were scanning for 1 cent. Rep said they cant sell it for 1 cent, so after 20 mins, they called me back and said, they can give these for $20. These were provided to PA Bolton as a donation, so yes, it is store-specific. No other store might have them in stock. Rep also, said there are scratched at the bottom and some firepits might have a color fade (hence donated) but other then that, they are in as good as new condition.
It was a 40 mins drive for, but worth it. Thanks again OP.


As of 9.30am (10/3/21), they had ~10 left. I picked 2 and I saw another RFDer pick up 2. So there might be some left but yes, please call ahead.

@ravell, @PigsRTastey - where did you buy the wood pellets for this? which location? and could you please post a picture of the pellet bags. I am now looking for the pellets :)
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2013
518 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
PigsRTastey wrote: Walmart near me had the 40lb bags of heating pellets on clearance for $3...YMMV

Which Walmart was it? Could you please post a picture?
[OP]
Member
Oct 26, 2003
272 posts
269 upvotes
Caledon
ClarkMan wrote: Which Walmart was it? Could you please post a picture?
Ahh now seeing this Walmart Bolton of course lol please don’t drive back for this.. the bags they are sold in looks like this, none of these are my pictures they are just for reference

Update I’ll try to get you a Walmart SKU if I can find my receipt then maybe try stocktrack to narrow in a location.
Images
  • 04252A6C-CC67-46C3-9C31-AC5620A0A6D4.jpeg
  • ACA528DD-63C6-414D-9083-4002B94A40B0.jpeg
Newbie
Dec 2, 2003
70 posts
26 upvotes
Waterloo
Called the Kitchener location and they couldn't find SKU 8627622 in their system.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2013
688 posts
687 upvotes
ClarkMan wrote: Thanks OP! I called PA in Bolton this morning (10/3/21) and they had 2 in stock but these were scanning for 1 cent. Rep said they cant sell it for 1 cent, so after 20 mins, they called me back and said, they can give these for $20. These were provided to PA Bolton as a donation, so yes, it is store-specific. No other store might have them in stock. Rep also, said there are scratched at the bottom and some firepits might have a color fade (hence donated) but other then that, they are in as good as new condition.
It was a 40 mins drive for, but worth it. Thanks again OP.


As of 9.30am (10/3/21), they had ~10 left. I picked 2 and I saw another RFDer pick up 2. So there might be some left but yes, please call ahead.

@ravell, @PigsRTastey - where did you buy the wood pellets for this? which location? and could you please post a picture of the pellet bags. I am now looking for the pellets :)
Canadiantire/Lowe’s/HD has 40lbs for $7. They are considered eco friendly because they are made of by product.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2013
688 posts
687 upvotes
GroverTime wrote: Looks really interesting. How "smokeless" is this? Comparable to a propane fire pit? Thinking it would be nice to have a small inconspicuous fire once in a while in my backyard during the fall.
I use the same pellets for smoke meat so I think there will be smoke.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)