Computers & Electronics

Printing / Saving directly to Google Drive alternative? Maybe to One Drive?

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 1:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54624 posts
19423 upvotes

Printing / Saving directly to Google Drive alternative? Maybe to One Drive?

Support to save directly to Google Drive is ending this year. I've installed Drive File Stream but it still takes a few more steps and my Google Drive has very little storage space left anyway.

Are there alternative ways to print directly to Google Drive or even better to One Drive since I have a TB on the latter?

https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... 65727&rd=1


Thank you.
3 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
3507 posts
3742 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote: Support to save directly to Google Drive is ending this year. I've installed Drive File Stream but it still takes a few more steps and my Google Drive has very little storage space left anyway.

Are there alternative ways to print directly to Google Drive or even better to One Drive since I have a TB on the latter?

https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... 65727&rd=1


Thank you.
Support to SAVE to Drive is gone too, or are you confusing it with print? I knew about Cloud Print being gone, I'm annoyed with that as their print support is probably a Chromebook's weakest ability and an argument to get a dirt-cheap PC laptop over a Chromebook. Google is really shooting themselves in the foot IMO if they want to dominate that market. Just idiotic.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54624 posts
19423 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Support to SAVE to Drive is gone too, or are you confusing it with print? I knew about Cloud Print being gone, I'm annoyed with that as their print support is probably a Chromebook's weakest ability and an argument to get a dirt-cheap PC laptop over a Chromebook. Google is really shooting themselves in the foot IMO if they want to dominate that market. Just idiotic.
Yes, I meant Save to Drive but I get there by choosing Print page.

I will look into One Drive alternative if there is one.

Google also killed FTP on Chrome.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
3507 posts
3742 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote: Yes, I meant Save to Drive but I get there by choosing Print page.

I will look into One Drive alternative if there is one.

Google also killed FTP on Chrome.
I have no idea what Google is thinking anymore. Guess they want to monetize all their services now? I mean they have always had the tendency to drop ideas and services, but these recent moves seem harmful if they want to continue to push into office environments.
c'mon get happy!

Top