[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1245 posts
918 upvotes
Brampton

Priority access to healthcare workers and first responders at Costco

Priority Access for Healthcare Workers and First Responders
Costco is temporarily allowing priority access to our warehouses for Costco members who are healthcare workers and first responders such as police officers, EMTs and firefighters. Healthcare workers and first responders who present a Costco membership card and official identification of their role, will be allowed to move to the front of any line to enter the warehouse.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200409-210345.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 9th, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
47 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
4278 posts
2178 upvotes
They should remove the Costco membership card requirement
May 10, 2017
316 posts
192 upvotes
A big thank you again to health care workers and first responders for their heroism.
Very nice of Costco
Donate to your local food bank today!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9481 posts
4688 upvotes
Markham
MyNameWasTaken wrote: They should remove the Costco membership card requirement
They could. But if too many first responders go to Costco, due to social distancing, their regular customers will have to wait even longer, which is very inconvenient since waiting line is already long

I think current approach is more balanced
Mar 15, 2019
783 posts
931 upvotes
should get ANYTHING needed delivered to door after 18hours of shift.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1661 posts
86 upvotes
I heard Walmart is giving priority access to front line workers as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9481 posts
4688 upvotes
Markham
GammaRayFort wrote: should get ANYTHING needed delivered to door after 18hours of shift.
They certainly can order delivery
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1585 posts
1411 upvotes
Pretty clutch of them to do this, I definitely took advantage of this when I went today, showed my credentials and was let in. It honestly just makes my life a little easier knowing I can just walk in and out to grab groceries instead of worrying about waiting in line for an hour at night in the cold after a long day of dealing with sick people /the crazies

God bless Costco.
Sep 20, 2013
293 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
This is a very nice gesture. I don’t know wether it covers people who work in clinics or only for hospital workers but I am still thankful that they thought of it.
Mar 15, 2019
783 posts
931 upvotes
smartie wrote: They certainly can order delivery
salad and juice from Costco? order before finishes the shift and receive when gets home? it's not complex
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25385 posts
4502 upvotes
Nice gesture but I'm pretty torn about whether I'll take advantage of it or not. I want to skip the line, but I would feel kind of awkward doing it in front of all those people waiting.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7367 posts
987 upvotes
Ottawa
Shaner wrote: Nice gesture but I'm pretty torn about whether I'll take advantage of it or not. I want to skip the line, but I would feel kind of awkward doing it in front of all those people waiting.
Do you qualify? IIRC you're in corrections and that's not real law enforcement....

(joking!Smiling Face With Open Mouth)
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25385 posts
4502 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Do you qualify? IIRC you're in corrections and that's not real law enforcement....

(joking!Smiling Face With Open Mouth)
Don't know if that would qualify or not. Typically Corrections Officers get recognized in all first responder deals in Kingston due to how many prisons there are.
But I'm sure being a volunteer firefighter would qualify me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9481 posts
4688 upvotes
Markham
GammaRayFort wrote: salad and juice from Costco? order before finishes the shift and receive when gets home? it's not complex
It's not. That's why I said they certainly can order
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9481 posts
4688 upvotes
Markham
Shaner wrote: Nice gesture but I'm pretty torn about whether I'll take advantage of it or not. I want to skip the line, but I would feel kind of awkward doing it in front of all those people waiting.
If you are qualified, why not. Not like you did something wrong

Its like i have priority pass at airport, i use it, why not
Mar 15, 2019
783 posts
931 upvotes
smartie wrote: It's not. That's why I said they certainly can order
then why do tons of people line up at store everyday?
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Dec 28, 2011
957 posts
607 upvotes
I get they want to make gesture after gesture but

I would not advise singling out people who are most at risk from being infected without knowing because exposed on a daily basis.

If panic sets in they will become targets. Look what happened to people from chinese origin.

Make sunday the official heathcare workers shopping day or have opening hours reserved for them like they do for seniors.
Apr 12, 2010
67 posts
57 upvotes
Please don't feel torn, hold your head high and walk in proudly. Many people deserve recognition in this fight, however, "healthcare workers and first responders" are at the front lines and deserve small gestures like this that I'm sure makes a big difference. I personally will give you a thumbs up if I'm at the front of the line and you are prioritized over me! Thank Costco, thank you, and the countless/nameless others in this fight that I don't have the skills to help ... other than making sure I stay home and keep my social distance. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2019 posts
1387 upvotes
Hamilton
Health care workers are a different breed.
My wife is front line and said the same thing, want no part of it. She will wait like everyone else.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45320 posts
5864 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Borntoheal wrote: This is a very nice gesture. I don’t know wether it covers people who work in clinics or only for hospital workers but I am still thankful that they thought of it.
Since they used the term healthcare workers, I assume it's a bigger umbrella. Hope they will let in pharmacists :)