Prius repair shops

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2016 9:57 am
[OP]
Nov 5, 2012
4 posts
OAKVILLE

Prius repair shops

Can anyone recommend a good Toyota prius repair shops at Oakville/Burlington? I spoke with few local repair shops, they aren't accepting hybrid cars.
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36181 posts
10315 upvotes
Ottawa
I suspect that independent shops cannot afford the tools and test equipment for hybrid cars. The training is also quite intensive and extensive. Small shops just don't have the time or money and the flow through is not sufficient to pay for that investment.
Your best (and perhaps only) bet is the dealer. There are actually some dealers that cannot sell hybrids because they did not make the investment in tools, equipment and technician training so the OEM will not allow them to sell hybrids.
I actually would suspect an independent shop that claims they can work on all hybrids.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4751 posts
5866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, what is the problem with your prius? Are you having issues with the battery pack?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16265 posts
5044 upvotes
London
Robinson's in Mississauga does hybrids (even though not a RFD favorite)
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14724 posts
9136 upvotes
Toronto
l69norm wrote: Robinson's in Mississauga does hybrids (even though not a RFD favorite)
Agreed. Every visit comes with lube and brake cleaner.

ImageImageImageImage
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Nov 5, 2012
4 posts
OAKVILLE
thanks, I will check Robinson's in Mississauga.

@er34er34 - I don't have problem with the battery, but my car started showing symptoms of more other problem as it is 9 years old. I usually go with Milton Toyota but they seems very expensive and I am looking for alternative options.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36181 posts
10315 upvotes
Ottawa
koffey wrote: Agreed. Every visit comes with lube and brake cleaner.
Time to move on and get out of the past.
Robinson was a good shop then and it still is now. Some RFD know it alls and internet mechanics and business made a huge issue out of nothing.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.