Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Private Access Internet

Private Access Internet VPN provider $2.19/mo

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2022 1:01 am
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener

Private Access Internet VPN provider $2.19/mo

Deal Link:
Price:
$2.19/mo
Savings:
82%
Retailer:
Private Access Internet
I was looking for a VPN and googled "Best VPN for Canadians" ended up on this site and their TOP rated one was Private access which has an 81% discount on for 8 hours. I've got Apple products (Please don't hate me for it, just the way I grew up.)

$2.19 per month for 24 months and first two months free.

Thought I'd share and get opinions on weather to pull the trigger or not.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 27th, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
Thread Summary
$56.94 first 2 years and yearly thereafter
All amounts are shown in USD, and any discounts reflect a reduction based on the current monthly service pricing at $11.99 per month.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
Two thumbs down, no comment, why?
Apr 1, 2009
674 posts
978 upvotes
Winnipeg
You're going to find the people hate this provider for whatever reason, a couple of people will probably back up their opinions below. I use Nord which has a large cash back with Rakuten and I split it with a couple of people. I have used Pia in the past and it was fine just not cheap when I needed to renew. Not qualified to comment on it usefulness at this point.
Nov 24, 2013
74 posts
91 upvotes
@life359 any specific issues? They used to be solid and even had a few independent reviews done about their no-log policy. I know they got bought out by some company with a bad track record of privacy issues, but i've been using PIA for the past 5 years without any issues.

@OP:
This is pretty much their most common deal when it goes on sale. It's even cheaper on the official website if you go for the 3 year plan at $2.03/month.
Last edited by jackleblack on Oct 27th, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2007
336 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: PIA is a garbage provider these days.

That said you can get it almost free:
https://www.topcashback.com/private-internet-access/
It would be much more helpful if you explained why.

Ive been using PIA for 5 years now and have had 0 issues. Speeds are great, there's always a US server that works with netflix and they've been taken to court over producing logs and could not produce them because they literally don't exist.

It's also super cheap as they usually have good sales on black Friday or boxing day.
Koodo $40/11GB (6GB + 5GB Bonus)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2054 posts
4046 upvotes
sam123 wrote:
$2.19 per month for 24 months and first two months free.
Since this is a Canadian forum the default currency would be $CDN unless otherwise specified. Can you please confirm this is priced in $CDN ?
Dec 10, 2012
330 posts
356 upvotes
I've used them for 5 years or so and like them. Max speed is usually about 20 megabytes per second which seems ok for a VPN? I can't speak to how good of a deal this is. Is this a great deal for PIA? I do need to renew soon.
Dec 29, 2009
631 posts
233 upvotes
I like PIA, but yes check out TopCashBack. I've had three separate 2 year accounts set up on there under each they refunded 100% of my money (then I joined them so I have 6 years). They currently have a deal where they will rebate you 95% of what you pay. It takes a few weeks to get the rebate, but you have 30 days to get a refund through PIA anyway, so it's worth the risk.
Aug 21, 2022
14 posts
42 upvotes
which vpn service can anyone recommend to take advantage of netflix content in the US?
Mar 26, 2018
410 posts
372 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: Why ?

Wich VPN that include wireguard and portforwading would you recommend ?
RealAndyWu wrote: which vpn service can anyone recommend to take advantage of netflix content in the US?
Surfshark. You get much better speeds compared to PIA, more regions that work with Netflix. It periodically goes on 100-105% cashback on TopCashBack https://www.topcashback.com/surfshark/
Rogers - $40/105gb 5G+ CAN-US
Bell Fibe 1Gbps - $49.95
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1894 posts
1584 upvotes
Québec
Behacad wrote: I've used them for 5 years or so and like them. Max speed is usually about 20 megabytes per second which seems ok for a VPN? I can't speak to how good of a deal this is. Is this a great deal for PIA? I do need to renew soon.
20 megabytes is about 180Mbit, so yes this is great.
Last edited by elgros4 on Oct 27th, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 26, 2018
410 posts
372 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: Surfshark VPN does not support port forwarding.
source:
https://surfshark.com/blog/vpn-port-forwarding
I stand corrected. I suppose PIA is a good choice for you then. Would definitely recommend going through TCB for it though. I got PIA for 2 years on 100% cashback, Surfshark for 2 years on 105% cashback.

Do I need both? Probably not. But hey, free is free :P
Rogers - $40/105gb 5G+ CAN-US
Bell Fibe 1Gbps - $49.95
Apr 13, 2010
443 posts
995 upvotes
Be aware that the VPN market is full of shady marketing and misleading claims. Don't take any advice from sites that are clearly motivated by the commissions they're getting. Very few comparisons are truly by and for users. Last I checked, this was the best one I found. It looks like it hasn't been updated recently, but that's still a better starting point than using disguised advertising to make a choice.
Dec 10, 2012
330 posts
356 upvotes
What is cashback as it relates to a VPN?
Nov 24, 2013
325 posts
272 upvotes
Burnaby
I've used pia for several years, works fine for me but I use it for torrents.

I bought through stacksocial which is roughly about the same price except youre paying upfront for multi year membership
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
Behacad wrote: What is cashback as it relates to a VPN?
As it relates to anything, cashback is exactly what they said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 10, 2012
330 posts
356 upvotes
max011 wrote: As it relates to anything, cashback is exactly what they said.
Thanks for the incredible answer. Who is "they" and what did they say? And how is cashback from a VPN so easy to understand that you just throw that at me lmao. I get cash back from a credit card because I'm literally processing thousands of dollars through it. When I use a VPN they pay me to use it???