Expired Hot Deals

Private Internet Access (PIA) - 2 Years + 2 Months (Free with cashback)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2022 11:14 am
[OP]
Oct 5, 2014
939 posts
1317 upvotes
AB

Private Internet Access (PIA) - 2 Years + 2 Months (Free with cashback)

Deal Link:
TopCashback is once again offering 100% cashback on all PIA (Private Internet Access) purchases. I did purchase on last round when a similar offer was available and has received all my cashback. I am using the payout to purchase it again and will combine the accounts. Rinse and repeat.

It's Free VPN. I have good speeds and no complaints. I know people don't like or trust the company that recently purchased them. The same company owns ExpressVPN as well.

Please don't ask for referrals.
115 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1267 posts
1855 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
I've read this company tiers their subscriptions, and you literally get what you pay for without actually being told. My account was 5 years for $60 or something and it will not and does not exceed 200Mbit (4years in now) and I have frequent connection issues and time outs while those with trial accounts and monthly tiers hit higher speeds and don't have as many connection issues. I do not recommend them for true privacy, but to country hop for streaming and protect from copyright trolls it works A-OK.

From their TOS:
We pass on the cashback we earn from merchants and their tracking agencies for your applicable transactions, where the credit can be traced directly to your account by means of an identification tag provided in the reports of the merchants and their tracking agencies.

So it seems they will mark these accounts similar.
Sep 19, 2014
113 posts
87 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
Since the purchase is in USD, what did you do with your USD cashback ?
Mar 24, 2020
10 posts
43 upvotes
I've also been using PIA for about 4 years and I get breach of intellectual property / piracy emails from my ISP from time to time. Needles to say I will not be using this service anymore once my subscription runs out
Jun 13, 2019
203 posts
513 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: I've read this company tiers their subscriptions, and you literally get what you pay for without actually being told. My account was 5 years for $60 or something and it will not and does not exceed 200Mbit (4years in now) and I have frequent connection issues and time outs while those with trial accounts and monthly tiers hit higher speeds and don't have as many connection issues. I do not recommend them for true privacy, but to country hop for streaming and protect from copyright trolls it works A-OK.

From their TOS:
We pass on the cashback we earn from merchants and their tracking agencies for your applicable transactions, where the credit can be traced directly to your account by means of an identification tag provided in the reports of the merchants and their tracking agencies.

I have been using their service for 7+ years and I've never had an issue with throttling. Are you able to show the link where you read this? Id love to learn more!
Sep 17, 2007
866 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
RotemP61954 wrote: I've also been using PIA for about 4 years and I get breach of intellectual property / piracy emails from my ISP from time to time. Needles to say I will not be using this service anymore once my subscription runs out
It's because your torrent app starts before the vpn app and ditch Rogers!
Mar 24, 2020
10 posts
43 upvotes
I pretty religiously make sure PIA is running first but you got me on the latter
Apr 11, 2018
35 posts
34 upvotes
Activate the VPN kill switch in PIA to ensure no traffic can pass unless the VPN is on. Also, set up split tunnelling so that your torrent app must use PIA.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1051 posts
1603 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: I've read this company tiers their subscriptions, and you literally get what you pay for without actually being told. My account was 5 years for $60 or something and it will not and does not exceed 200Mbit (4years in now) and I have frequent connection issues and time outs while those with trial accounts and monthly tiers hit higher speeds and don't have as many connection issues. I do not recommend them for true privacy, but to country hop for streaming and protect from copyright trolls it works A-OK.

From their TOS:

RotemP61954 wrote: I've also been using PIA for about 4 years and I get breach of intellectual property / piracy emails from my ISP from time to time. Needles to say I will not be using this service anymore once my subscription runs out
User error.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2003
1307 posts
146 upvotes
sign up didn't work for me. i have a problem with the redirect link from topcashback... any ideas?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1297 posts
943 upvotes
Québec
PIA is great, better than than Nord VPN, because it support port fowarding.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6226 posts
4096 upvotes
SW ON
It's simple - if your ISP sends you such emails then your connection was through your ISP and you didn't set up your VPN properly. If you think PIA was somehow at fault you should have gotten those emails from PIA.
Last edited by alpovs on Jun 25th, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6226 posts
4096 upvotes
SW ON
drey wrote: sign up didn't work for me. i have a problem with the redirect link from topcashback... any ideas?
Disable ad blockers, tracking protection.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5167 posts
2746 upvotes
GTA
Don't rely on a providers kill switch

Either bind your client to the VPN or do something like a docker container with firewall rules. There are premade images for this
Apr 14, 2006
972 posts
598 upvotes
St Johns
This is a great service, have been using for 3 years.
Nov 12, 2017
475 posts
713 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Jimbo67 wrote: How would I bind the VPN to my utorrent? does PIA have a guide for this? What's a docker container
Also don't use utorrent. Use qbittorrent.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1028 posts
1407 upvotes
Ontario
stizarch wrote: Also don't use utorrent. Use qbittorrent.
Oh sorry, yeah I'm using qbittorrent actually
[OP]
Oct 5, 2014
939 posts
1317 upvotes
AB
gabwebsite wrote: Since the purchase is in USD, what did you do with your USD cashback ?
If you choose PayPal, you can rinse and repeat when next time they offer the same deal. If you choose Virtual Visa which offers 5% bonus cashback, you can use it anywhere online that accepts Visa. I have also used USD Virtual Visa to reload Amazon Canadian gift card balance and it actually gave me very reasonable exchange rate. The other option could also be Starbucks gift card in USD as you can use it for purchases in Canada and it deducts based on that days exchange rate.
Sep 19, 2014
113 posts
87 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
wamwam wrote: If you choose PayPal, you can rinse and repeat when next time they offer the same deal. If you choose Virtual Visa which offers 5% bonus cashback, you can use it anywhere online that accepts Visa. I have also used USD Virtual Visa to reload Amazon Canadian gift card balance and it actually gave me very reasonable exchange rate. The other option could also be Starbucks gift card in USD as you can use it for purchases in Canada and it deducts based on that days exchange rate.
Thank you ! I