Expired Hot Deals

Private Internet Access VPN: 3-Yr Subscription US$60

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2019 11:20 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3507 posts
1314 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't get how this is a deal when it doesn't even work with Netflix
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4548 posts
6210 upvotes
Vancouver
john.canad wrote: I don't get how this is a deal when it doesn't even work with Netflix
Why do you even think it's all about Netflix??
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 8, 2002
4928 posts
1470 upvotes
john.canad wrote: I don't get how this is a deal when it doesn't even work with Netflix
Netflix is really low on the list of priorities for most people using VPN...
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13071 posts
6872 upvotes
Southern Ontario
US NF is working atm, but if that's what you're after, there are other more reliable services.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3507 posts
1314 upvotes
Ottawa
max011 wrote: Why do you even think it's all about Netflix??
Why do you think that I think it's all about Netflix. It should just be part of a good VPN service
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 7, 2003
7133 posts
1893 upvotes
T dot 6
covabwoy wrote: Stay far away from cyberghost. I was with them for 2 years prior to PIA and speeds were terrible.
I was with Cyberghost also because of a promo and they were sooooo slow, went back to PIA before the year was up.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4548 posts
6210 upvotes
Vancouver
john.canad wrote: Why do you think that I think it's all about Netflix. It should just be part of a good VPN service
That is an illegal activity, and not every "good" VPN provider is interested in making a quick illegal buck... Also, a lot of work for them to keep it on...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3507 posts
1314 upvotes
Ottawa
max011 wrote: That is an illegal activity, and not every "good" VPN provider is interested in making a quick illegal buck... Also, a lot of work for them to keep it on...
You don't think torrenting is, which is what most people are using a VPN for?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4548 posts
6210 upvotes
Vancouver
john.canad wrote: You don't think torrenting is, which is what most people are using a VPN for?
Nope. Torrenting itself is far from illegal. There are many legal torrents. You make your own choice what to download, and it might make it illegal.

And, most people actually using VPN for protection, not Netflixing and torrenting.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3507 posts
1314 upvotes
Ottawa
max011 wrote: Nope. Torrenting itself is far from illegal. There are many legal torrents. You make your own choice what to download, and it might make it illegal.

And, most people actually using VPN for protection, not Netflixing and torrenting.
Yes everyone is torrenting legal stuff only. Wake up already
Newbie
Mar 27, 2013
99 posts
1171 upvotes
Thank you for the code. If I don't want it to renew how do I cancel auto renewal or will it not auto renew as it was through Stack
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
41289 posts
6442 upvotes
Signed up for a year. Gonna see how it pans out.
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
837 upvotes
max011 wrote:
SOCKS5 will be faster at the expense of some security. This protocol will not encrypt your traffic so it will be faster, but obvious to your ISP that you are torrentig. And no, ISP will NOT KNOW what exactly you are downloading.... Linux ISO or some new movie... BUT - if they have such policy in place - they could throttle your traffic tho...
I run SOCKS5 and VPN at the same time for a fail safe. Is that ok? does it deteriorate protection?

Asking because this site said to use SOCKS5 and the VPN at the same time. So if my VPN is on can my ISP still see what I'm doing because of the SOCKS5?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2011
1428 posts
1882 upvotes
dealxtremeleecher wrote: I run SOCKS5 and VPN at the same time for a fail safe. Is that ok? does it deteriorate protection?

Asking because this site said to use SOCKS5 and the VPN at the same time. So if my VPN is on can my ISP still see what I'm doing because of the SOCKS5?
The SOCKS5 traffic would be routed through the VPN, though I see no benefit in using both concurrently. The VPN alone should be sufficient.
If you want to use the VPN exclusively for torrents you can use a virtual machine.

Top