Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Private Internet Access VPN: 3-Yr Subscription US$60

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2019 11:20 pm
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
ahammad wrote: So redeem under a new account and ask them to merge old and new? The instructions are not detailed enough, I feel like I'll miss something.
That's my understanding. I'm going thru the process now. Will update once it's done.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
ahammad wrote: So redeem under a new account and ask them to merge old and new? The instructions are not detailed enough, I feel like I'll miss something.
Seems to be the case as that’s what their customer service told me as well.

“Yes, we can add the time of the gift card/new account to the original account. However, you need to create the new account and save all verification and payment information. Then you can send us that information so we can add it to your original account.”
Jun 7, 2008
305 posts
246 upvotes
Oakville
Oh and for those dumb like me who didn't apply the code after payment, just email their support staff. Applied, fixed.
Jun 7, 2008
305 posts
246 upvotes
Oakville
Conundrum1911 wrote: Really? I wanted to take advantage of a deal a number of months back but they told me it would be a new account so it would invalidate the rest of the period I had already paid for/not stack. I might have to reach out if it can be added this time, given I just renewed for the year a few months back.
They just need to be able to link your current email/account with this deal. A few steps are needed but if you email them you shouldn't have any problem.
Apr 25, 2017
157 posts
373 upvotes
Does anyone share their PIA account with friends? Is it similar to sharing Netflix? I'm assuming as long as there aren't 10 simultaneously connections at the same time, there shouldn't be any issues.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1413 posts
630 upvotes
adam west wrote: Oh and for those dumb like me who didn't apply the code after payment, just email their support staff. Applied, fixed.
You have an option afterwards? When I choose yearly it just goes straight to my Paypal screen with no option to enter a code
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
D4rkprime wrote: Does anyone share their PIA account with friends? Is it similar to sharing Netflix? I'm assuming as long as there aren't 10 simultaneously connections at the same time, there shouldn't be any issues.
True RFDer!

The service does allow 10 simultaneous connections so I think it is possible to share with others. I think family and friends are ok, but once you go beyond that circle, the question becomes how you would ensure your account isn't shared with the entire RFD community.
Apr 30, 2014
259 posts
118 upvotes
apkesh wrote: ... Does anyone know of any other ways to get US netflix?
Yes, with a VPN from Richmond Hill, Ontario. It works on my Samsung TV's, Windows computers, Android tablets and phones. I never had a single outage on US Netflix since October 2018. Speed is about 70 mbps (when connected router-based to ISPNet LLC ) on a 75/10 internet service. I also have IvacyVPN and FastestVPN but they don't support US Netflix very well.
Last edited by TeateaM on May 27th, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 6, 2015
146 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We had this discussion in March private-internet-access-pia-private-int ... #p30647587 when the price was $60 for 2 months.

This is what I wrote back then.
I have both PIA and NordVPN. PIA does not work with US & UK geo-restricted services. Does not work with US Netflix, Hulu, does not work with UK BBC TV nor ITV or geo-restricted Youtube of any kind. So if geo-blocking is your main reason of getting VPN - do not get PIA. Once my PIA expires (abt 6 months), I'll not be renewing my subscription. NordVPN - as awful as the software implementation, looks and the user experience are, works for geoblocking (for now at least). NordVPN gives you the option to change the servers as the old ones get blocked from access. NordVPN plays cat-and-mouse here - which so far works in their favour. With PIA you have no option to change the servers - you get what they give you, and what they give you is well known to the companies like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, etc and is blocked right away.
It still is not worth it even with the better offer $60/3mos if the main reason for getting it is to block geo-block restriction. PIA is totally useless in that department.
Apr 25, 2017
157 posts
373 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: True RFDer!

The service does allow 10 simultaneous connections so I think it is possible to share with others. I think family and friends are ok, but once you go beyond that circle, the question becomes how you would ensure your account isn't shared with the entire RFD community.
Thanks! I'm definitely only sharing this with family lol.
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
Got an email today that my accounts have merged. Basically, the end result is that my existing account has been extended by 3 years, and the newly created account is deleted. I had to send them info about the old account, and the purchase code from the deal after creating a new account off of it.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1943 posts
1505 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
@ARK Are we going ahead with group buy didnt get your last PM?
Mar 24, 2005
482 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
Anybody else try buying with a prepaid CC? Getting payment method declined.
Card is registered with card issuer with name, address, phone number ahead of time and same info used on stacksocial, but still declined.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: Got an email today that my accounts have merged. Basically, the end result is that my existing account has been extended by 3 years, and the newly created account is deleted. I had to send them info about the old account, and the purchase code from the deal after creating a new account off of it.
Just to confirm, these are the steps from my understanding:
  1. Create a new account and redeem the code
  2. Send an email to support with the following info: new account, old account, and the code used to redeem the deal
Is that correct? I am guessing this is not a typical thing they do, so they don't have the option on the webpage and must go through support...
Dec 26, 2004
817 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
canucks4life wrote: @ARK Are we going ahead with group buy didnt get your last PM?
Check your inbox
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
ahammad wrote: Just to confirm, these are the steps from my understanding:
  1. Create a new account and redeem the code
  2. Send an email to support with the following info: new account, old account, and the code used to redeem the deal
Is that correct? I am guessing this is not a typical thing they do, so they don't have the option on the webpage and must go through support...
That matches what I did to have them merged. Response from support was very fast. I wouldn't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1943 posts
1505 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
D4rkprime wrote: Does anyone share their PIA account with friends? Is it similar to sharing Netflix? I'm assuming as long as there aren't 10 simultaneously connections at the same time, there shouldn't be any issues.
OP tried to setup a group buy however a couple members backed out...if there is enough interest I might start one.
Feb 16, 2007
322 posts
310 upvotes
canucks4life wrote: OP tried to setup a group buy however a couple members backed out...if there is enough interest I might start one.
I'm in for a group buy
Oct 23, 2008
181 posts
180 upvotes
thanks. submitted my request to merge this into my current account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)