Site Comments & Suggestions

Private Message Export Step-By-Step?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 12:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
19985 posts
7462 upvotes
Toronto

Private Message Export Step-By-Step?

A fellow RFD'er said they are out of PM space and wasn't sure how to fix that situation (obviously delete messages, but ...)

I know some members have talked about exporting private messages somehow and freeing up space ... does RFD have any step-by-step tutorial in this regard, or can one be created?

Thanks!
RedFlagDeals Addict
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9981 posts
5139 upvotes
Markham
DaVibe wrote: A fellow RFD'er said they are out of PM space and wasn't sure how to fix that situation (obviously delete messages, but ...)

I know some members have talked about exporting private messages somehow and freeing up space ... does RFD have any step-by-step tutorial in this regard, or can one be created?

Thanks!
Why not just increase the limit of messages. It's stored in cloud I assume?
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
15010 posts
28320 upvotes
Scarborough
There are a few options available under Rules & Folders that'll help if your Inbox is full, but there's no exporting option for private messages. The current limit per folder is 2,500 for regular users. I can look into increasing the limit but we don't often get complaints about the current limit.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9981 posts
5139 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote: There are a few options available under Rules & Folders that'll help if your Inbox is full, but there's no exporting option for private messages. The current limit per folder is 2,500 for regular users. I can look into increasing the limit but we don't often get complaints about the current limit.
2500 is a LOT:)

You should create a paid levels:
5 dollar for 3500 limit
15 dollar for 5000
99 dollar unlimited

Lol
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
15010 posts
28320 upvotes
Scarborough
smartie wrote: 2500 is a LOT:)

You should create a paid levels:
5 dollar for 3500 limit
15 dollar for 5000
99 dollar unlimited

Lol
We think it's a fair amount to provide especially when it's unlikely anyone would actually go back that far to re-read messages that old. My cap is at 10,000 and I regularly have to dump my old messages into an overflow folder but most people probably don't get as many messages as I do.

If we ever decide to add a paid subscriber benefits system here, increased PM storage space could be one of the added perks.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]

Top