3001 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Lol, another case of not being able to read
You are SOL buddy
OP isn’t selling
He’s buying ... so as to GET POINTS

So you are missing out again
This time on a possible 3 way !!!
Face With Stuck-out Tongue *raspberry*
Scroll up and reread that mate, I wasnt replying to the OP.

Possible 3 way? Dude this is Quebec... that ship has sailed years ago..... and keeps on sailing. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6414 posts
1569 upvotes
Richmond Hill
newfbc wrote: When you use a credit card on Paypal, someone HAS to pay the fee.. Paypal doesn't absorb it. Either the sender, or the receiver pays.

Ron.
oh so when you transfer money from CC to paypal...we got to pay the fee as well. ok got it thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2890 posts
2260 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
yesstyle wrote: Is it possible to conduct a private sale (i.e. BST, facebook marketplace) using CC? Want to get the points.
If the other party agrees, then you can use any method of payment you want.

The party accepting a credit card requires a merchant account with the credit card provider, OR another method to accept credit card payments through a third party.

Want to buy gift cards then pay with those? Then you're not paying with credit cards, you're paying with gift cards and that goes to my first point - if it's mutually agreeable, then you can use any method of payment. I would argue though that you wouldn't be paying with gift cards - you'd be trading gift cards for merchandise, so instead of buy/sell, it's more along the lines of trade. Personally though, if I were selling something and someone came along with an offer to give me gift cards instead, I would decline - there are too many opportunities for fraud. The most obvious is that the gift cards are empty and have no value, or they have value and immediately after the transaction takes place, the original buyer of the GC transfers the value online to another card...so the card I have now is worthless.

Yes, it is possible to buy third party private sale with credit card.
No, it's not going to be accepted as a form of payment by all sellers.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Apr 2, 2009
902 posts
189 upvotes
Markham
PointsHubby wrote: Easiest way i know ... PayPal.

The seller and buyer both have accounts.
The buyer buys into PayPal using their CC.
Buyer doesn't need an account.
Only seller needs an account to accept credit card.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Sep 16, 2015
474 posts
971 upvotes
Calgary, AB
yesstyle wrote: Is it possible to conduct a private sale (i.e. BST, facebook marketplace) using CC? Want to get the points.
If the seller is willing to accept PayPal you can pay with a credit card. That said, the seller would then have to pay fees of roughly 3% and there is always the danger of PayPal chargebacks. I certainly wouldn't accept a $97 PayPal transfer instead of a crisp $100 bill.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4020 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouver
If the other party accepts paypal then sure. Of course there are fees attached to that (and CC). Most private sellers won't be setup to accept CC (nor want to pay the fees) so generally speaking the answer is no.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2529 posts
6302 upvotes
Canada
yesstyle wrote: but theres no fee if u choose 'friends' option
Be careful using the Paypal Friends and Family Option. If you send somebody money Friends and Family, and you’re expecting to get something delivered, and that “thing” does not get delivered; there’s nothing you can do about it! You cannot file a dispute.

Here is an article with more information about how you could get scammed.
Dec 22, 2007
862 posts
484 upvotes
Mississauga
no but I sell cash on credit card for a 15% surcharge buyers fee.