Parenting & Family

Private Student Transportation in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2018 12:38 am
Jan 25, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote

Private Student Transportation in Toronto

I'm looking for a service, other than a taxi cab, to collect my son from school and bring him to his therapy where I will meet him. I'm not having much luck finding anything. One place I contacted through their "request a quote" option, has not responded. I followed up with a telephone call and their voicemail is full.

Would appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
Would Uber work? Also, you mention therapy. Are there any safety considerations?
Jan 25, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
jvnanu wrote: Would Uber work? Also, you mention therapy. Are there any safety considerations?
The school (and governing board) has indicated that at his age (9) a taxi is not a suitable option, as there is no police record (under the vulnerable sector) check for drivers. This would likely rule out Uber, too. The board is also working to find transportation, but it's not looking good.

There is no safety concern, really. He is petite and I'd prefer to use a school purpose vehicle that will accommodate his booster seat, or a small bus with seat belts.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
parisonthebeach4 wrote: The school (and governing board) has indicated that at his age (9) a taxi is not a suitable option, as there is no police record (under the vulnerable sector) check for drivers. This would likely rule out Uber, too. The board is also working to find transportation, but it's not looking good.

There is no safety concern, really. He is petite and I'd prefer to use a school purpose vehicle that will accommodate his booster seat, or a small bus with seat belts.
How times have changed. When I was in grade 4 we were given TTC tickets. Took 3 buses to and from school. Some cabs are also school vehicles. Not sure where you live. This might help -
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... LjphI6hWdk

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)