Expired Hot Deals

Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Composite - $643.95 CDN!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2016 10:38 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4182 posts
996 upvotes
West Side GTA

Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Composite - $643.95 CDN!

Deal Link:
Price:
USE COUPON CODE : Extra 10% off with SHIM10

ONLY 172.5 available!

UPDATE: For those interested in the non-compact model they are here

http://www.probikekit.com/cycling-group ... 36459.html

and they also have 175 available if 172.5 doesn't cut it for you.

Description

The Ultegra series is 'pro-proven' as it is a direct trickle down from the Dura Ace group. It stands for state-of-the-art technology, proven in pro races. The Ultegra 6800 series contains the following components:

Brakes

With new polymer-coated BC-R680 cables, new brakes give smooth, light operation with excellent modulation
Greater braking power modulation
Brand-new SLR with 2 axle symmetric brake caliper
New Brake shoe compound (R55C4)
Adjustable toe-in brake shoes
Spring tension adjuster

Cassette Sprocket

Rider tuned wider gearing options with 11-speed
Available in 11-23T, 11-25T, 12-25T and 11-28T

Chain

SIL-TEC coating 11-speed chain

Crankset (Bottom bracket is BSA threaded english standard )

Dura-Ace proven 4-arm design: Same stiffness and lighter weight
14g lighter weight and half the friction of the SM-BB6700, while maintaining the same durability
Gearing 50x34

Front ( BSA threaded english standard )and Rear Derailleurs

More equal shifting effort throughout the full range of the cassette
Maintains precise shifting over an extended time period
Wide link design increase rigidity and reduces shifting deflection
Braze-on fit as standard; if your bike does not have a braze-on mount seat tube adapters are available
Braze-on fit as standard; if your bike does not have a braze-on mount seat tube adapters are available

Shifter - STI Dual Control

Tactile feedback to the rider that the gear shift has been completed
Light action, define click engagement Vivid index shifting
Short lever stroke response
Powerful and controllable braking system
Carbon brake lever
New Ultegra Polymer-coated Shift Cable
Images
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
Anyone Order parts from Probikekit? Is it billed in CAD or USD? Where is the company located and shipping from? What sort of duties to expect?
Sep 11, 2005
759 posts
48 upvotes
sexyblackbmw wrote: Anyone Order parts from Probikekit? Is it billed in CAD or USD? Where is the company located and shipping from? What sort of duties to expect?
Yes a few times. CAD. England. I don't think I have ever paid duties but YMMV.

This is the best price I have seen for a 6800 groupset.

Edit: 172.5 is a bummer for me anyways.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7266 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I thought they were shipping from the US not the UK.
The prices on the website are whatever currency you set it to on the top right corner
Steam: SpectralMeat
Oct 19, 2015
101 posts
95 upvotes
Québec
SpectralMeat wrote: I thought they were shipping from the US not the UK.
The prices on the website are whatever currency you set it to on the top right corner
I confirm; it's from UK. I ordered few times from Probike Kit. Tires are roughly 50% the price I locally pay here. No shipping over a certain amount... (no tax as well!) I always received my order with Canada Post. I never paid custom & duties fees, but I know a few people around here that has not been as lucky as me. lol
May 16, 2004
204 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
I've had to pay tax & duty once.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10368 posts
6850 upvotes
Currently using 6700 on a Trek 5000 from 2004. Would this fit?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4355 posts
746 upvotes
Edmonton
Order from them in past as well. Confirmed comes from UK and in CAD. No duties but then my item was $60 as well.

I don't think their prices are totally honest. If you compare sale items to other sites they are often at par.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jul 6, 2014
56 posts
18 upvotes
Saint-Maurice, QC
For bike junkies out there. Can that kit be installed on a norco indie 4 2016? It's probably overkill for an hybrid but I feel the Altus on it currently is kinda cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6045 posts
1533 upvotes
Hoodyboi wrote: For bike junkies out there. Can that kit be installed on a norco indie 4 2016? It's probably overkill for an hybrid but I feel the Altus on it currently is kinda cheap.
Putting a $644 racing drive train in a $500 hybrid is definitely overkill. It's like squeezing the Hellcat's 707hp engine into a Geo Metro...
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3293 posts
3879 upvotes
Oakville
rf134a wrote: Putting a $644 racing drive train in a $500 hybrid is definitely overkill. It's like squeezing the Hellcat's 707hp engine into a Geo Metro...
<br />
<br />

Or one can consider it upgrading the $500 hybrid to become a $1144 worth hybrid.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7989 posts
5988 upvotes
Kitchener
rf134a wrote: Putting a $644 racing drive train in a $500 hybrid is definitely overkill. It's like squeezing the Hellcat's 707hp engine into a Geo Metro...
HAH, I think you're exaggerating a bit ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1534 posts
1322 upvotes
Pallet Town
rf134a wrote: It's like squeezing the Hellcat's 707hp engine into a Geo Metro...
Totally worth it for the look on people's faces at the track as you lap them
Nov 12, 2012
717 posts
433 upvotes
Calgary
chatbox wrote: Currently using 6700 on a Trek 5000 from 2004. Would this fit?
Depending on what wheels you're currently running, going to 11 speed would likely need a new rear freehub, or a new rear wheel altogether
Feb 13, 2008
402 posts
214 upvotes
Hamilton
Hoodyboi wrote: For bike junkies out there. Can that kit be installed on a norco indie 4 2016? It's probably overkill for an hybrid but I feel the Altus on it currently is kinda cheap.
Do you have any idea what this is?
A quick look says that bike is flat bar with disk brakes. This group is for drop bars and has rim brakes. It also requires an 11 speed capable rear wheel and the bike will also have to have a 68 mm bottom bracket.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10368 posts
6850 upvotes
MikeinYYC wrote: Depending on what wheels you're currently running, going to 11 speed would likely need a new rear freehub, or a new rear wheel altogether
Mavic Ksyrium ES (Anniversary Edition)...maybe it's time to upgrade the wheelset as well.

Edit: I just looked behind the current cassette, looks like there's a spacer in there at the moment. So the wheel is likely 11-speed compatible.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3212 posts
793 upvotes
Calgary
I had to pay tax duties on a pair of Northwave shoes once. Great store. Awesome deal.
Jul 6, 2014
56 posts
18 upvotes
Saint-Maurice, QC
Slash5 wrote: Do you have any idea what this is?
A quick look says that bike is flat bar with disk brakes. This group is for drop bars and has rim brakes. It also requires an 11 speed capable rear wheel and the bike will also have to have a 68 mm bottom bracket.
Not at all. I don't. Thanks for your precious help, I will not order