72 upvotes
Barrie
A lesson learned STFU and move on :cheesygri
Penalty Box
Mar 31, 2008
12493 posts
2554 upvotes
Toronto
You can try to appeal the judge's decision. But my view would be He/she will likely reduce it though if the monetary cost is high for you (you have to accept and plead it down though)

Just think of how many handicap drivers were not able to park in those 2-3 minutes (If there was a objective truth machine.. I would bet that was longer then that) for actions that many other mothers with more kids do without parking in the handicap zone.

I also find it funny that you went and bought 'ice' afterwards,even though all the shopping was completed, after leaving your 8 yr old daughter all alone... who then seemed to have abandoned the groceries to play inside.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
I have a picture of a guy that parked his truck in four handicap spots at a Save-ons.

His ticket was the fine for one spot x4. :cheesygri

I'll dig up the pic and post it, if anyone wants to see. :lol:
Banned
Sep 11, 2008
404 posts
4 upvotes
MeiserT wrote: I have a picture of a guy that parked his truck in four handicap spots at a Save-ons.

His ticket was the fine for one spot x4. :cheesygri

I'll dig up the pic and post it, if anyone wants to see. :lol:
Post please.
Mortgage Agent Licence M08006899
Mortgage Brokerage Licence 11157
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46636 posts
7079 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You've been driving for 10 years, so you've been loading your groceries in the handicap spot for the last 10 years? Oh my...

Can't you just idle on the side of the parking lot to load your groceries? People stand their cars there all the time waiting for people (despite most areas this is supposed to be the fire zone), but this is the most logical thing to do. Also, if you can't carry two cart's full of groceries, DON'T BUY SO MANY! Many more trips! Nobody is forcing you to buy a month's worth! Buy groceries weekly! This keeps your meats and fish fresh and not having to freeze them and have to eat those rotten defrosted fish smells :P

Oh and by the way...

Please Please PLEASE do not fight this ticket! Don't listen to the people here. They don't realize that if you fight this ticket, you will be wasting municipal resources, meaning taxpayer's money. I do NOT need someone like you who does something stupid on purpose to be wasting MY tax dollars for fighting it.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3278 posts
60 upvotes
If I was broke, I wouldn't park somewhere I could get a ticket...
Actually, I am not broke, and still don't
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12217 posts
137 upvotes
Corrolla265 wrote: some very harsh comments here,

this is exactly what happend, i told my daughter who is 8 by the way to wait near the door with the grocerries so I can pull up the car to the front, our car was way back and I dont think my 8 year old child can push 2 full carts all the way to the back of the lot, also there is bars that restrain you from taking the carts at all. when I came back and parked the car in the handi cap spot my daughter was inside fooling around with the vending machines, I than purchased some ice, this all took no more than 2-3 minuites tops, I came out and saw there was a ticket and it was mine cause there was obvioisly my licence number on that ticket. anyways whats done is done, now my question as i asked before, instead of bashing people like 5 year olds why dont you give some positive feedback.
and the reason i do not want to pay the ticket is due to the fact that councillors in city hall can sit on their fat ass and have citizens like us pay for their vications, and aspirin pills. you all know what I am talking about and how corrupt most of them are so please dont tell me to pay a 450 dollar ticket so some person can go to a 5 store hotel in shanghai

Can I appeal the judges decison?
That rant still doesn't justify that you parked in a handicap.

Park in front of the store next time with the engine running. And don't take 2-3 mins. You could have purchased ice before you left.

Also, if you ask the employees, they can get someone to help you push the carts.

Dont use your daughter as a crutch.

I don't like councilors taking my money either, but how about you stop giving them a reason to take it.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Aug 6, 2008
191 posts
confused student wrote: The driver of that motorcar is a ****ing idiot.
+1

It's as if he wanted to make a... 'statement'. I certainly hope he was given the proper ticket... times four; that too would have sent a message.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1296 posts
281 upvotes
I applauded for your honesty of admitting what you did wrong, different from many hypocrats out there too smart to admit any wrong doing, they knew too well how the game was played, they denied, denied... and eventually apologized. At least you are not yet corrupted like them.
Fight the ticket, get disclosure, you dont have to take the stand, let the crown prove it.
There are threads in the forum that help people fight tickets and web site dedicated to fight tickets as well.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
Corrolla265 wrote: some very harsh comments here,

this is exactly what happend, i told my daughter who is 8 by the way to wait near the door with the grocerries so I can pull up the car to the front, our car was way back and I dont think my 8 year old child can push 2 full carts all the way to the back of the lot, also there is bars that restrain you from taking the carts at all. when I came back and parked the car in the handi cap spot my daughter was inside fooling around with the vending machines, I than purchased some ice, this all took no more than 2-3 minuites tops, I came out and saw there was a ticket and it was mine cause there was obvioisly my licence number on that ticket. anyways whats done is done, now my question as i asked before, instead of bashing people like 5 year olds why dont you give some positive feedback.
You knew you and your 8 years old could not push 2 carts well before you did your purchase. Why did you buy that much?
You knew the cart could not get out before you did your purchase. Why did you buy that much?
You knew your car was parked far away before you entered the store.
You knew you should not park in handicap spot.

However, you still decided to do what you did. How do you expect anything positive from this at all?

My only complaint is they should hand out these kind of ticket much more often but they do not.

If I were you, I would be too shame to tell anybody.

I always say "whoever parks in the handicap spot qualifies to park there. If they do not qualify now, they will qualify very soon."

and the reason i do not want to pay the ticket is due to the fact that councillors in city hall can sit on their fat ass and have citizens like us pay for their vications, and aspirin pills. you all know what I am talking about and how corrupt most of them are so please dont tell me to pay a 450 dollar ticket so some person can go to a 5 store hotel in shanghai

Can I appeal the judges decison?
So, is this your free out of the jail card? It is about you deserve your punishment and not about if they deserve your money or not.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25001 posts
2192 upvotes
Markham, ON
originalnutta wrote:
Park in front of the store next time with the engine running. And don't take 2-3 mins. You could have purchased ice before you left.
seriously...that's how you get your car stolen... :|
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3522 posts
115 upvotes
Halton
Pay it. You parked where you KNEW you shouldnt have parked it and got caught.
Enjoy Life
Jan 12, 2007
432 posts
223 upvotes
Orleans
Go see your doctor and get a note, since it seems obvious by your post that you have a mental disability.

Then once you have your pass you should be able to park wherever you want when getting your groceries.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1766 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto & north …
iluvmikeharris wrote:
however, if you are broke why are you spending money on ice - to make rum and cokes?
+1 & lol!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4540 posts
4074 upvotes
Toronto
Shop at No Frills, Price Chopper and Food Basics instead of Loblaws and you'll shortly have enough saved to pay for your ticket.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
not to play devils advocate.....

but it's like someone at loblaws was just waiting for some fool without a placard to park in the handicap zone, just in order to issue a ticket :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6140 posts
876 upvotes
Greely
What grocery stores don't let shoppers take a cart to their car?? I mean, seriously?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
steve-0101 wrote: What grocery stores don't let shoppers take a cart to their car?? I mean, seriously?
Quite a few. If the grocery store is part of a plaza (instead of having its own parking lot) and they do not (or cannot) have a cart collection area in the parking lot, they don't allow the cart to go out. However, those usually have a car pick up area. I know at least these locations used to be like that:

McCowan and Finch, McCowan and Alton Towers, Bamberg circle and Warden.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.