Problem with Bell Activation credits

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 11:25 pm
[OP]
Oct 9, 2019
70 posts
29 upvotes

Problem with Bell Activation credits

I am looking for advice on how to proceed with this. I am in Ontario.

1. I took Bell business plan in 2018 Dec. I was promised a total of $1200 credits ($600/line). I was checking my bills lately and realized that I received only $800 in credit. Remaining $400 never came in. The last credit was applied in Aug 2019.

2. So, I called Bell and after multiple discussions, I was transferred to Loyalty who took lot of time reviewing it. Finally a supervisor told me that I will not be given those credits because I called very late. I should have called within 90 days after last credit was applied to the account.

The supervisor agreed that it was Bell's error that credits were not applied in first place but it is customer's responsibility to check the bill and inform of any discrepancies. I tried to reason with them that this is not a discrepancy in the bill and I was never informed regarding the timeframe of by when I should expect the credits nor I was ever informed by Bell agents that I need to call within 90 days. He says nothing can be done and I can go to CCTS or wherever I want. This is supervisor from Loyalty department.

For the record, I had called Bell immediately after getting the phone connection in 2018 dec to confirm if I will get the $1200 credits. I was never informed by the Bell Agent at that time regarding the time frame and this 90 day policy. I think they dont want to credit me because my contract will be up for renewal in Dec so they dont care.

I dont have the contract papers with me but the Supervisor agreed that I should have received the $1200 but will not because I did not call within 90 day period. and he has put that in the notes.

My question is there a merit in this complaint? If so, what are my next steps? Anything specific to know when filing the CCTS complaint.

Also, does anyone has any experience with such type of complaints? Is there a corporate email address where I should try before going to CCTS?
6 replies
May 5, 2016
50 posts
9 upvotes
Sorry I dont have an answer. But Bell is Bad!!

Apparently, one bell rep downvoted you :-)
[OP]
Oct 9, 2019
70 posts
29 upvotes
Hi any advice?
I sent a complaint on their corporate complaint page but no response yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3158 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dealfiber wrote: Hi any advice?
I sent a complaint on their corporate complaint page but no response yet.
You might want to read your contract papers to see if it outlines anywhere about calling procedures or what to do in case you don't get discounts.

All information should be on the contract agreement, and if its not then you may have a chance to fight them.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Oct 9, 2019
70 posts
29 upvotes
lamboman wrote: You might want to read your contract papers to see if it outlines anywhere about calling procedures or what to do in case you don't get discounts.

All information should be on the contract agreement, and if its not then you may have a chance to fight them.
Thanks I looked at the contract papers. They don't say anything explicitly about when to contact Bell if the discounts don't appear.
Even the bell rep I spoke with mentioned their website saying our policy states that any bill dispute should be made within 90 days. But I did not have a bill dispute. I was expecting credits without any specified end date. So I waited and waited.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3158 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dealfiber wrote: Thanks I looked at the contract papers. They don't say anything explicitly about when to contact Bell if the discounts don't appear.
Even the bell rep I spoke with mentioned their website saying our policy states that any bill dispute should be made within 90 days. But I did not have a bill dispute. I was expecting credits without any specified end date. So I waited and waited.
Hmmm. Then ask them to send you the link where it mentions this. I've had a similar dispute with my insurance company. I purchased a car in 2017 December straight form the dealer, then a year later it got wrecked in an accident and it was not my fault. By default, I had waiver of depreciation, and they were to pay me the full purchase price of a new vehicle. But they wanted to give me MSRP-$1000 and the adjuster kept saying, that's their rules its on the website. But clearly on the website it says, Waiver of Depreciation - Get your full value of your purchase price in case you get in to an accident which causes a total write off of your newly purchased vehicle. I copied and pasted it and showed it to him, then threatened I will take this to the media, and that's when he caved in and said, "oh I spoke to my manager and we're giving you the full cost of the vehicle!". Bastard I thought, but if you don't fight for the last penny that you are suppose to get, no one will!

You're situation may be different, but the motives are the same. It boils me when large corporations, who has billions and millions of dollars would do corny little stuff to keep that dollar or two to them. I hope you get what you were entitled to get!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Dec 17, 2009
615 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
Where did you get your phone? Talk to the manager at the store.
Also ask bell agent to send you the page that specify mention the 90days rule.
I had bill credit issue with Bell before, I caught it right away but still needed to flight for three months to get it back.