Cell Phones

Problem with porting back to Fido - anyone here have the same problem?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 2:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2723 posts
347 upvotes
Mississauga

Problem with porting back to Fido - anyone here have the same problem?

Hello

I ported out of Fido to Bell last Sunday. I tried porting back to Fido Friday to replace my temporary number for the win-back deal and couldn't do it get it to process and getting errors. So I ported my original number from Bell to Freedom Mobile Saturday.

Now that the number is on Freedom, there is no error message and was able to proceed with the inquire of the port. But now on Fido end, trying to port back, Fido is getting a pending message "in conflict" when initiating the port. But my number original number currently is working, able to make calls, text and data is working perfectly fine.

I really want my original number back to fido for the "awesome" plan i wanted with Fido. Anyone having this problem?
9 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5432 upvotes
Toronto
I believe you will have to wait 30 days from porting out of Fido, to another carrier and back into Fido.

You could have tried Fido to Chatr (prepaid) and back to Fido - might have been same day.

I only say might because I haven’t tried it personally. I have only tried Koodo to Public Mobile back to Koodo same day successfully.

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8713 posts
2367 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: I believe you will have to wait 30 days from porting out of Fido, to another carrier and back into Fido.

You could have tried Fido to Chatr (prepaid) and back to Fido - might have been same day.

I only say might because I haven’t tried it personally. I have only tried Koodo to Public Mobile back to Koodo same day successfully.

Not sure if there's ant truth to the 30 day thing. That's the entire purpose of the winback department! To get people to come back after porting out??
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21010 posts
10523 upvotes
Oakville
Call Fido. They are the only ones that can fix it for you, if anybody can. I believe the supposed "problem" with porting out to another carrier and then immediately porting back, is that the original carrier hasn't removed your original account from their system yet, so trying to port back in results in errors.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5432 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: Not sure if there's ant truth to the 30 day thing. That's the entire purpose of the winback department! To get people to come back after porting out??
Entire purpose is to “win back” Fido customers who have left Fido for another carrier.

Typically the Fido winback will try and win back the former Fido customer after they have left for say a few months or years. Fido system would have cleared the former Fido # from their systems within that timeframe.

This is a little different as folks are porting out and back in (Same day) to get a better plan. Or within less than 30 days.

As previous poster said, systems take 30days to fully release the # from their systems etc.

The only method I have seen that counts as a “port out” & “port in” same day is postpaid to prepaid - specifically Koodo to PM and back as I have personally tried it successfully.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8713 posts
2367 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Entire purpose is to “win back” Fido customers who have left Fido for another carrier.

Typically the Fido winback will try and win back the former Fido customer after they have left for say a few months or years. Fido system would have cleared the former Fido # from their systems within that timeframe.

This is a little different as folks are porting out and back in (Same day) to get a better plan. Or within less than 30 days.

As previous poster said, systems take 30days to fully release the # from their systems etc.

The only method I have seen that counts as a “port out” & “port in” same day is postpaid to prepaid - specifically Koodo to PM and back as I have personally tried it successfully.
"
That's incorrect. They have been known to call within days after you port out which would fall under the "30 day problem". Fido specifically sent me an email 24 hours after porting out to advise winback would call in a couple days.
A Fido Ambassador will call you
in the next few days. We’ll reach out to you with a special, exclusive offer that we can only tell you about on this call. We hope this conversation can help make things right.

Pick up when you see Fido on your call display. We look forward to speaking with you.
My friend got the phone call a week after porting out. It's not limited to months or years.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5432 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: "
That's incorrect. They have been known to call within days after you port out which would fall under the "30 day problem". Fido specifically sent me an email 24 hours after porting out to advise winback would call in a couple days.

My friend got the phone call a week after porting out. It's not limited to months or years.
Ok, good to know.

So what did Fido do for you and your friend given both ported out within 30days?

Jun 2, 2010
694 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
You're thinking about going from Koodo postpaid to Koodo postpaid which can't be done directly immediately so in the TELUS family you have to go through Koodo prepaid or TELUS prepaid or Public Mobile (prepaid). That obviously doesn't apply when going from Fido (i.e. Rogers 2) to Bell to Freedom Mobile that are completely different families.
EPcjay wrote: "

Correct. Same thing is true at Rogers. My girlfriend ported out from Rogers mid April. The next day she got an e-mail from Rogers saying they want her to port back immediately and they will call her the next day. They called her about eight days in a row before finally giving up! LOL
TELUS: Unlimited 25 $37.50/25GB x 2 (50 GB pooled data)
AT&T Prepaid Unlimited MAX: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, ?? GB data
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2723 posts
347 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank you everyone so much for helping me!!! Solved my "problem" earlier today!

After talking to 2 rep each day [July 5 - 8] and telling them I want to talk to the person in charge of getting my number out of Fido's system, finally a rep today was confused because she was telling how I can't bring my number from 1 plan to another plan within fido's system and even though I ported out, my number was still in Fido's system. So after being on hold for 5 minutes, I had to talk to the "porting department" and now waiting 24 hours to have my number clear out of Fido's system to be able for them to port my number back into Fido.

What a big hassle for me!! Never again I'll go through this process!! I'll just keep the "new/temporary" number they give me next time. I only wanted my "old/current" number back because I've had it for 15 years!! and it's a hassle to tell everyone about my new number!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8713 posts
2367 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Ok, good to know.

So what did Fido do for you and your friend given both ported out within 30days?
I was offered the same plan as the new provider $40/4gb (previously on fido was on the 39$ 400mb plan) and my friend was offered the 50$/20GB plan,