Credit Cards

Problems with contacting MBNA.

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 9:53 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes

Problems with contacting MBNA.

I'm trying to log in online but forgot my info so I called three or four MBNA contact numbers for an agent and all of them automatically re-routed me to put in how much I paid my bill this month, which isn't due for a week.

I paid my bill, I'm not over my credit limit but it still goes on and on about when I paid my payment and how much, and when it's done it asks me to hang up.

It says they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online, yet, I can't even contact them?

I think I'm switching to a new credit card in the near future, I've never had this weird problem before. Unfortunately, my card is only 10% interest and will be hard to find elsewhere. I heard Bank of Montreal might have a 10% interest card?
9 replies
Member
User avatar
Jun 15, 2017
464 posts
190 upvotes
BritishColumbian wrote: I'm trying to log in online but forgot my info so I called three or four MBNA contact numbers for an agent and all of them automatically re-routed me to put in how much I paid my bill this month, which isn't due for a week.

I paid my bill, I'm not over my credit limit but it still goes on and on about when I paid my payment and how much, and when it's done it asks me to hang up.

It says they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online, yet, I can't even contact them?

I think I'm switching to a new credit card in the near future, I've never had this weird problem before. Unfortunately, my card is only 10% interest and will be hard to find elsewhere. I heard Bank of Montreal might have a 10% interest card?
In addition to the Low Rate Option @ 11.99% ,RBC also has a Rate Advantage Visa,no annual fee and low rate determined by your credit rating .You can also link to PetroCanada for a 3c discount for PetroCanada gas.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
14467 posts
12383 upvotes
Going to the Moon
If the MBNA card has no AF, keep it. Park it in a drawer and grab a more rewarding card for your spend.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
Thanks for all the posts. I guess no one has any current solutions for my problem. I'll keep calling them, maybe they are closed on Sunday? Either way, I'll look into those other cards in the future but no one once mentioned how good the customer service was, which is my current problem with MBNA.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
14467 posts
12383 upvotes
Going to the Moon
BritishColumbian wrote: Thanks for all the posts. I guess no one has any current solutions for my problem. I'll keep calling them, maybe they are closed on Sunday? Either way, I'll look into those other cards in the future but no one once mentioned how good the customer service was, which is my current problem with MBNA.
They're open 24 hours. Front line CSR's can definitely help you, but for web access, make sure you call them before 8pm I think (mind you, Sunday calling should be fine). Since it's already Sunday night, did you have any luck?
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Member
Jan 5, 2018
207 posts
105 upvotes
You can chat with them online. Log in to your account and there should be a chat icon on the right hand side.

Alternatively when you call their contact number, just ignore their menu options and keep pressing 0 whenever a menu option comes up. That's usually the way to get through to an agent.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
2009 posts
457 upvotes
fred125 wrote: You can chat with them online. Log in to your account and there should be a chat icon on the right hand side.

Alternatively when you call their contact number, just ignore their menu options and keep pressing 0 whenever a menu option comes up. That's usually the way to get through to an agent.
This. I chatted with them multiple times last week to sort out my multiple cards and move credit limits. Was a good experience.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
6966 posts
1148 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know how to get the chat button to pop up? I'm logged in and I don't see it anywhere. Do they only come up during certain hours?

Top