Problems using Speedpass+

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 12:33 am
[OP]
May 21, 2016
66 posts
5 upvotes

Problems using Speedpass+

I have been using (trying?) this app for last 3-4 months and having a lot of issues. It sometimes works, and doesn't the other times. Gave email but to no avail. The app suggest me to contact the helpline - which is only available until 4pm. This is outright frustrating and annoying at the same time, the reason I am using it so that I don't have to go in but if I come across issues frequently only after going to the gas station - it negates the whole purpose of the app.

Why the app is so unstable? I tried today a few times, it didn't work. Do you guys face the same issue?
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17950 posts
10703 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I did initially. Once I got their CS line to look into the issues, they found that my account was locked (even before the first successful use). I asked them why my account was locked and they didn't know. But once their back-office unlocked the account, everything worked fine.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4742 posts
3958 upvotes
Oakville, ON
foodieInTown wrote: I have been using (trying?) this app for last 3-4 months and having a lot of issues. It sometimes works, and doesn't the other times. Gave email but to no avail. The app suggest me to contact the helpline - which is only available until 4pm. This is outright frustrating and annoying at the same time, the reason I am using it so that I don't have to go in but if I come across issues frequently only after going to the gas station - it negates the whole purpose of the app.

Why the app is so unstable? I tried today a few times, it didn't work. Do you guys face the same issue?
Call the help line. They will help you.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2262 posts
750 upvotes
Central Ontario
What do you expect anybody here to do for you? I don't understand these threads...
[OP]
May 21, 2016
66 posts
5 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote: Call the help line. They will help you.
I did, they are not sure why is this happening. They suggested me to reinstall and change the email address. Didn't work.
[OP]
May 21, 2016
66 posts
5 upvotes
JustMike wrote: What do you expect anybody here to do for you? I don't understand these threads...
Wanted to see whether anyone else had the same issue and how did they solve it. Sorry if it annoys you.
[OP]
May 21, 2016
66 posts
5 upvotes
craftsman wrote: I did initially. Once I got their CS line to look into the issues, they found that my account was locked (even before the first successful use). I asked them why my account was locked and they didn't know. But once their back-office unlocked the account, everything worked fine.
Yeah it happened to me too early when I just started using the app. But, it started again and this time, they could not figure out why it happened but told me as I tried for more than 5 times, they locked it. Not going to try more than 4 from now on!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4742 posts
3958 upvotes
Oakville, ON
foodieInTown wrote: I did, they are not sure why is this happening. They suggested me to reinstall and change the email address. Didn't work.
Try again tomorrow and maybe you get a better agent to help. They need to do something on their side to restore your account.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2438 posts
905 upvotes
Burnaby
Mine hasn't worked for months, tried calling a handful of times and same thing no one knows. My guess is that they are working on a new app, but that's just a guess given PC Optimum will be taking over Esso Extra. It's odd that they haven't updated the app since June. Mine stops at the authorization of the pump and asks to call the help for assistance.
[OP]
May 21, 2016
66 posts
5 upvotes
amplified wrote: Mine hasn't worked for months, tried calling a handful of times and same thing no one knows. My guess is that they are working on a new app, but that's just a guess given PC Optimum will be taking over Esso Extra. It's odd that they haven't updated the app since June. Mine stops at the authorization of the pump and asks to call the help for assistance.
My one does that too at the exact moment. And the call centre is only till 4pm!