• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2021 7:32 am
Tags:
Nov 25, 2003
726 posts
421 upvotes

Product Alerts

Idea:
- ability to have product alerts, like facebook market place (saved search)

Benefit to RFD:
- better member experience
- understand member intent (more targeted ads and promos)
- use email to engage low volume members to visit the site more often
- you be smart, think of a few more
13 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Have you tried Deal Alerts? It will alert you via email when a new forum topic pops up matching your keywords.

There's also a "Hot Deals Alerts" system in the Android app (not yet in our iOS app) which will send a push notification to your phone.

We're working to improve both systems further so there will be steady updates to both over the next year.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Nov 25, 2003
726 posts
421 upvotes
Been a member since 2003, and never knew about this feature. Thanks!
TomRFD wrote: Have you tried Deal Alerts? It will alert you via email when a new forum topic pops up matching your keywords.

There's also a "Hot Deals Alerts" system in the Android app (not yet in our iOS app) which will send a push notification to your phone.

We're working to improve both systems further so there will be steady updates to both over the next year.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: Have you tried Deal Alerts? It will alert you via email when a new forum topic pops up matching your keywords.

Is there a way to manage and delete alerts?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32148 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Redmask wrote: It's at the bottom of the Alerts page, your alerts are there and can be edited or deleted.
Alerts as in the notification page (the one with the bell on the top right?)
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Quentin5 wrote: Alerts as in the notification page (the one with the bell on the top right?)
That's correct. You manage everything on the same page. https://www.redflagdeals.com/alerts/

If you meant the Android app alerts, there's a menu link for that in the main navigation menu.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2013
1483 posts
3224 upvotes
Scarborough

My android app hot deals alerts always come like 15mins later. Is this my issue or that's how the alert is being setup?
💡
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
umega890 wrote: My android app hot deals alerts always come like 15mins later. Is this my issue or that's how the alert is being setup?
The in-app alerts and web based deal alerts aren't instantaneous alert systems. They run off of a system schedule instead.

In the future we hope to decrease the delay on both systems.
Mar 16, 2020
18 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi there,

Thank you for a handy app and your efforts to improve it.
I am using in-app Hot Deals Alerts extensively and find it extremely useful.

Unfortunately, in the last month or a few weeks, I do not receive any alerts, despite the fact they should be.
Is there any log that I can review to verify if the issue is with my phone or the app?

Thank you in advance.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
I've used this system for a while.
Today, I attempted to add another alert, and that ability seems broken.

I entered the search term, and clicked the red "add alert" button.
Absolutely nothing happens.
The new item does not get added.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
arisk wrote: I've used this system for a while.
Today, I attempted to add another alert, and that ability seems broken.

I entered the search term, and clicked the red "add alert" button.
Absolutely nothing happens.
The new item does not get added.
Thanks for letting me know. I added a new alert a few days ago but when I tried again just now, it didn't work. There was a web release yesterday which I'm assuming might be the cause of the problem. I'll open up a bug report.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
TomRFD wrote:
The problem has been resolved. You should be able to add, edit and delete alerts again.
It works.
Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)