None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3642 posts
1218 upvotes
Ontario

Product Switch (PS) Churning Friendly Issuers

I'd like to start a list of CC issuers that give WB on product switches (PS).

So far I've heard the following issuers do:

-TD
-CIBC

Which other ones am I missing?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.1%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
6 replies
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14298 posts
12059 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Afaik it's TD and RBC. RBC allows PS online afaik.

CIBC is a big YMMV, right? Or have they dropped the "once in a lifetime" clause or no WB on PS altogether? I thought the only "guaranteed" WB on CIBC PS was intro BT offer. Then again, my familiarity with CIBC is very limited as I don't have CIBC CC's.

There used to be WB on PS at MBNA. Sadly, now there's no way around the fresh app since they don't even allow PS in most cases.

Afaik BNS allows PS but only within the same card type (can't switch between say Scene VISA and Momentum), so can downgrade Gold to Red or vice-versa.

AmEx allows card upgrades via PS, but not downgrades it seems.

Not sure whether we should have a dedicated thread for this since it kind of screams CHURNING.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Aug 23, 2019
80 posts
15 upvotes
Wait CIBC offer product switch? I always under the impression they don’t
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4551 posts
2819 upvotes
Gotham
kingkangkong wrote: Wait CIBC offer product switch? I always under the impression they don’t
I did CIBC AP to Aventura and they gave me the welcome bonus.
Nov 22, 2012
565 posts
558 upvotes
NS
Sometimes CIBC will give you a welcome bonus if switching products. I have received a WB for switching to the Aventura Gold and Dividend Infinite. Sometimes they only offer FYF without a WB.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3152 posts
3098 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TD didn't hesitate to let me product switch and gave me a promo bonus, but they wouldn't give me the "full" promo. I forget the exact number but if the offer was 40k points they said something like the best they can do is 30k along those lines.

I've also heard reports of them messing it up and actually cancelling the card instead of transferring it haha but i suppose that's up to the agent.