• Feb 28th, 2018 8:35 am
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
329 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

Professional Business Headshot Photos

Hey Folks,

I am at a stage of my career where I need to start branding myself more - I do not have any good professional headshot pictures and was thinking of going out and getting some. Do any of you have any recommendations of good places? I see prices ranging anywhere from $200 - $800 and have no idea where to start.
Last edited by iDrewx on Feb 27th, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There
selfie stick!
Jan 22, 2014
176 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
iDrewx wrote: Hey Folks,

I am at a stage of my career where I need to start branding myself more - I do not have any good professional headshot pictures and was thinking of going out and getting some. Do any of you have any recommendations of good places? I see prices ranging anywhere from $200 - $800 and have no idea where to start.
Try to find a career fair. Sometimes you can get free professional headshot there.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
199 upvotes
Markham, ON
Make sure it looks like you and that you like the picture. That might be the face the world keep seeing for many years to follow.

By world, I mean strangers who may never see you in person.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
199 upvotes
Markham, ON
I am assuming you are not in the entertainment industry where there will be many photos of you everywhere.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
329 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Poppwl wrote: I am assuming you are not in the entertainment industry where there will be many photos of you everywhere.
No not at all lol - I am in IT and work with some pretty big corporate clients. I do end up sending them professional portfolios of my work/projects which take years to complete. In reality, I only need a couple of good pictures for my portfolios and LinkedIn.