Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Prohibition Style

3 In 1 Pro Men's Shaving Razor Set - $31 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2017 5:48 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
0 posts

3 In 1 Pro Men's Shaving Razor Set - $31 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
$31 USD
Savings:
15% off
Retailer:
Prohibition Style
Model Number: Shaving Razor Set
Material: Acrylic + stainless steel + ABS and blaireau
Size: Holder Size: Approx. 9 * 5.6 * 12cm / 3.5 * 2.2 * 4.7in (L * W * H)
Item Type: Shaving Brush
Holder Size: Approx. 9 * 5.6 * 12cm / 3.5 * 2.2 * 4.7in (L * W * H)
Razor Length: Approx. 16cm / 6.3in
Shaving Holder Material: Acrylic
Razor Material: Stainless Steel
Shaving Brush Material: ABS and Blaireau
Images
  • product-image-107363743_grande.jpg
  • product-image-107363744_grande.jpg
  • product-image-107363746_grande.jpg
  • product-image-107363747_grande.jpg
5 replies
Sep 22, 2016
313 posts
636 upvotes
While it is a deal, and we definitely appreciate you sharing, I would caution newbies from jumping on his too quickly.

No Strop, No Hone, and no specs on the blade... I'd suggest anyone looking into using a Straight Razor do more research, and get a better quality kit.

For example, from Fendrihan.ca (Ships from Mississauga, ON I believe)
Shaving Advice
Sets with Straight Razors

Otherwise...
Mar 17, 2015
318 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
A decent Straight Razor is more in the $200+ range. Anything at this price is going to be a horrible shaving experience. Unfortunately it's not one of those things you really want to cheap out on either, the quality of the blade is going to directly affect your shave, and you don't want to be scraping a dull shitty blade across your face, cutting more skin then hair.

There is a guy on reddit /r/ShaveBazaar that restores old straights and sells them at great prices. Everything is honed and ready to shave.

The better option on a budget however is to go the DE route. A box of blades is cheap and you can get a decent DE for anywhere from a few bucks and up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
5766 upvotes
Yeah I second going with double edge. Much less learning curve and costs way less than disposable. I switched six months ago and I'm a happy camper.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Sep 22, 2016
313 posts
636 upvotes
KrimsonStudios wrote: A decent Straight Razor is more in the $200+ range. Anything at this price is going to be a horrible shaving experience. Unfortunately it's not one of those things you really want to cheap out on either, the quality of the blade is going to directly affect your shave, and you don't want to be scraping a dull shitty blade across your face, cutting more skin then hair.

There is a guy on reddit /r/ShaveBazaar that restores old straights and sells them at great prices. Everything is honed and ready to shave.

The better option on a budget however is to go the DE route. A box of blades is cheap and you can get a decent DE for anywhere from a few bucks and up.
fatestkid wrote: Yeah I second going with double edge. Much less learning curve and costs way less than disposable. I switched six months ago and I'm a happy camper.
Another option, if you still want to learn how to use a straight razor / feel like a badass with a blade to your neck... Something with replaceable blades, like a DOVO Shavette for example.
That's actually as far down that path as I went myself simply due to time constraints and me not having an organized life to dedicate to a proper shave. Still use it from time to time though.

STRAIGHT RAZORS WITH REPLACEMENT BLADES

Just make sure you get some good blades, and a nice brush and shave soap also for an enjoyable, relaxing shave.

I'm a fan of the 'Black' Feather Double Edge blades myself.