Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1834 posts
1051 upvotes
Durham

Project Cars 2

Excited for this game. I put down PC1 in favor of Assetto Corsa right now. But this game simply looks amazing.

9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8454 posts
5297 upvotes
Toronto
Nice I preferred Assetto Corsa over the first game as well but I still got a ton of hours out of the first and really enjoyed the Career mode and mp with friends. I always felt pCARS is the better video game but AC is a far better feeling simulation. If they can upgrade their physics/handling model and especially the force feedback to be as good or better than AC then this sequel could be great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1834 posts
1051 upvotes
Durham
ReeGee wrote: Nice I preferred Assetto Corsa over the first game as well but I still got a ton of hours out of the first and really enjoyed the Career mode and mp with friends. I always felt pCARS is the better video game but AC is a far better feeling simulation. If they can upgrade their physics/handling model and especially the force feedback to be as good or better than AC then this sequel could be great.
These are the exact same reason I switched to Assetto Corsa. It helped when PSN had the sale. Graphically Assetto Corsa has a lot to be desired, but I easily got over that by the feel of the game.
Banned
Feb 8, 2017
54 posts
31 upvotes
It does look amazing, but I'd need a new computer + expensive steering wheel set to fully be able to enjoy this game =/
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2257 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently supports up to 12k...

So, mathematically, you tape 3 titans together or what?
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Lol the original was already very impressive looking. Don't want to watch the trailer on a phone but pcars even with community upgraded textures looks amazing.

If they are doing a crowd funding again I'll join. I actually made money from the first time due to the exchange rate lol. I bought it a fee months ago on steam for 10$.

Racing games are hitting their barrier. Nothing seems to be revolutionary but small steps of evolution. I think the problem is were still using dinky gateways and pedestrian like wheels. We need systems like frax coupled with vr. That commands a damn pretty penny on today's market.

The 12k part is a joke. Having 3 4k monitors side by side is not 12 imo. Let's work on getting the hardware out first then we talk. The jump from 1080 to 4k was pretty good. I can't wait for 8 and 12k single displays.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Holy schnitzel my nizzel, that trailer better have ingame sounds. I got a little hard from it.

The first one had terrible sound like most games.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4151 posts
519 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
The 12k part is a joke. Having 3 4k monitors side by side is not 12 imo. Let's work on getting the hardware out first then we talk. The jump from 1080 to 4k was pretty good. I can't wait for 8 and 12k single displays.
it technically is, but I understand where you're coming from.
Dell is shipping a 8K monitor next month, just gotta take out a loan for one.
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
twitchyzero wrote: it technically is, but I understand where you're coming from.
Dell is shipping a 8K monitor next month, just gotta take out a loan for one.
5k usd? Lol. No card even drives that mm at be a cad card like a fire gl Ir current day equivalent.

Some of the gamely footage leaves alot to be desired. I will probably get it still for the new tracks.