[PROMO] Upwork Offering 20GB of Dropbox storage FREE for 6 Months

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 1:13 pm
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1794 posts
10204 upvotes
It's a nice offer, but cloud storage promos with expiries like this have little use unless you're intending on paying after the promo, or you don't need to make any changes/additions to your data stored there after the fact.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1066 posts
1286 upvotes
Useless with 3 devices limitation. Switched to one drive.
Apr 7, 2007
655 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
Moved to iCloud. Dropbox too limiting now.
May 14, 2017
4 posts
One benefit of selling my soul to an academic institution is their 5TB of OneDrive space. Another gives me unlimited GoogleDrive space. GoogleDrive vs. OneDrive -> which is best?

In the process of transferring all my old OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox accounts to make them more manageable. Any tips?

Cheers,
LEL
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3164 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
LiveEhLearn wrote: One benefit of selling my soul to an academic institution is their 5TB of OneDrive space. Another gives me unlimited GoogleDrive space. GoogleDrive vs. OneDrive -> which is best?

In the process of transferring all my old OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox accounts to make them more manageable. Any tips?

Cheers,
LEL
I have OneDrive which gives me 6TB (1 TB per user) for about $120 for the year while Google Drive wants an arm and a leg for the same amount of space.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1770 posts
961 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
LiveEhLearn wrote: One benefit of selling my soul to an academic institution is their 5TB of OneDrive space. Another gives me unlimited GoogleDrive space. GoogleDrive vs. OneDrive -> which is best?

Cheers,
LEL
I've been using GoogleDrive more since I also get unlimited space. I only use Dropbox with people who insist on using it, but the 3 device limitation really irritates me. I guess it depends on what ecosystem you use more? Google Drive's been pretty good for me since I use an Android phone and can find things really quickly with the app (and I have a bunch of auto-upload scripts for pics/documents on my phone).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1415 posts
1321 upvotes
So you pay tuition just for the cloud storage?

Cheers,
LEL
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3990 posts
940 upvotes
Markham
I don’t usually do this, but I’m going to pile on the hate. Their recent changes means it’s no longer a useful product for anything less that
than $12.99 / month. For a lower price you can get Office 365 for 6 people on a family plan with more storage. Even if you hate Microsoft there’s cheaper options from Apple iCloud and Google Cloud. I would suggest Amazon Cloud Drive as well but app integration is limited.

Dropbox is also doing questionable things on the business side. Whoever is the new management, these new strategy for more revenue is only going to backfire.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.