Propane tank refill vs exchange

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2021 11:14 pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47128 posts
7529 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jedi14 wrote: I bought a new tank at Costco a week ago. On my way back to my car, I stopped by the filling station to ask if they will take back my expired tank. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that the $36 price I paid for my new tank ( that comes with a built-in gauge) actually includes a first fill.
Just went by Costco today to confirm, and the price tag of $36.99 for the tank has, in small writing, "+14.99 for fill"
Aug 23, 2014
409 posts
193 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Jon Lai wrote: Just went by Costco today to confirm, and the price tag of $36.99 for the tank has, in small writing, "+14.99 for fill"
I got a free fill then. Interesting thing is that I wasn’t even asking about getting it filled. The guy just asked me for my receipt, I showed it to him, and he said he will fill it. This was at Costco Laird.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47128 posts
7529 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jedi14 wrote: I got a free fill then. Interesting thing is that I wasn’t even asking about getting it filled. The guy just asked me for my receipt, I showed it to him, and he said he will fill it. This was at Costco Laird.
Lucky you, the guy wasn't doing his job! Should have checked for the 14.99 and marked your receipt to show you filled it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)