Propane vs natural gas price in Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2022 9:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
drz400 wrote: NG is better for the convenience alone, running out of the propane mid cook is reason enough to switch to ng :)
On NG myself but we always had a spare tank when bbq was on propane. Running out of beer mid cook is major issue here.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Zamboni wrote: On NG myself but we always had a spare tank when bbq was on propane. Running out of beer mid cook is major issue here.
My issue was always running out mid cook and NOT NOTICING immediately so I had half raw food when I thought it would be cooked.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RCLapCar wrote: The cost of gasoline is most affected by the cost of the oil. Things like wages and inflation are minor compared to that. Whenever OPEC decides to increase production the price of oil drops and gas follows. Same when they decide to cut production. It's simple supply and demand of the raw materials. Funny you should mention house prices but that is also basically a supply/demand issue as well. Too many people wanting too few available (desirable) houses causing bidding wars and higher prices.
In real terms (including inflation) gasoline is 12c more expensive than 2013.

One of the main reasons oil is so “expensive” now is because two years ago oil was so cheap that most companies didn’t see it as economically viable to drill wells to extract it. I.e price was too low.

Oil price goes in cycles - as prices rise companies spend money to explore and drill. They produce more oil and we get more than we need so oil price drops. As prices drop companies stop drilling and prices start rising.

Natural gas doesn’t generally follow the same cycle as it’s a more local resource that’s quite often seen as a byproduct of oil production. International markets are primarily priced on the cost of compressing it and transporting it as LNG.
Banned
Mar 14, 2022
392 posts
415 upvotes
Outer GTA
Andy34 wrote: In real terms (including inflation) gasoline is 12c more expensive than 2013.
In real terms, I’m pretty sure the OP is buying a bbq and I personally have never seen one that runs on gasoline. The moderation team seems to be lost and not understand what Threadcrapping is. Not necessarily directed at you Andy as you’re commenting on what others have put here, but this thread seems to have done a 90 degree turn and is headed well away from the intent.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Firetech wrote: In real terms, I’m pretty sure the OP is buying a bbq and I personally have never seen one that runs on gasoline. The moderation team seems to be lost and not understand what Threadcrapping is. Not necessarily directed at you Andy as you’re commenting on what others have put here, but this thread seems to have done a 90 degree turn and is headed well away from the intent.
I have a camping stove that runs on gasoline does the same job… ;)