Real Estate

Property Price History & Comparables Tool - (Alberta as of now)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 10:43 am
[OP]
Oct 22, 2019
6 posts
5 upvotes
lethbridge, ab

Property Price History & Comparables Tool - (Alberta as of now)

This post is for my Alberta friends that are interested in looking at the price history for any home in the province (past 10 years that I can see). We're in the middle of listing our property with a company called Bode Canada , and they just released some dashboards that are amazing (and I'm told are just their beta product!). The listing process was a breeze, but with these dashboards it's a no brainer IMO to list your home as a DIYer instead of dishing out mega $$ for a realtor when you can get the same information for free.

www.bodecanada.com/market-data

(the Comparables Tool and "Sold Data") requires sign-in but it's free to use.

And let me know if ya'll are interested in buying a home in Cochrane, AB (I'll be listed in the next 2 weeks) :)
2 replies
Jul 23, 2020
4 posts
3 upvotes
This was the thing that Realtors were keeping from us... I was able to go back on the Sold Data tool and see how much the land was bought for from the builder that bought my lot aka I now know pretty how much money the builder made off of me. Price per square foot by community is sweet too.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2019
6 posts
5 upvotes
lethbridge, ab
thriftyalbertan wrote: This was the thing that Realtors were keeping from us... I was able to go back on the Sold Data tool and see how much the land was bought for from the builder that bought my lot aka I now know pretty how much money the builder made off of me. Price per square foot by community is sweet too.
You said it - they are keeping it from us. It's a monopoly, and they are fiercely trying to maintain their position. They're going to lose this battle - finally!